Reggie Ragland to DL?

I also agree but just putting it out there that he MIGHT need a switch, sometimes coaching can only do so much.

If you look at the DEs who played in McD's scheme last year in Carolina, Ragland's size measures up comparably. Saban used him as a nickle DE with his hand in the dirt. Granted college is a different animal, but the amount of posters on here who know more about football than Nick Saban is pretty comical.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Reggie can be the anti-LoRax and transition to the Oline?

Reggie is a football player. Can't wait to bump this thread

This doesn't QUITE top your "trade Mario for Skelton" thread, but it does give it a run for its' money.

The threads on here lately are looney tunes

The fact that this thread got to 4 pages says all anyone needs to know about the overall quality of football knowledge on this board nowadays...What is going on around here?

Apologies to the folks left on TSW who are in fact football-smart...And there is still plenty of you out there no question...But the minute I read the words RR and 3-tech in the same sentence I pondered what has become of my favorite place for the better part of the past 2 decades...I really miss the days of legit football conversation...Maybe the Bills futility on the field has just rubbed off too much? Maybe the day and age of twitter has played into the quick off-the-top-of-the-head thoughts that seem to be more prevalent here nowadays...I don't know...I find myself spending far less time here than I used to, but my passion for Bills football, and the NFL in general has never waned...I'm just going elsewhere more and more to talk about football...

And coming from a poster who's signature has us taking a RB in the 1st?...

Anyway... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

This doesn't QUITE top your "trade Mario for Skelton" thread, but it does give it a run for its' money.

Have to appreciate a poster who strives for the flag !

Love our posters here ! :beer:

Seriously I do. :thumbsup:

yep, agree. wanna see this one during TC and then pre season and then the Season proper, and then next Season too

The fact that this thread got to 4 pages says all anyone needs to know about the overall quality of football knowledge on this board nowadays...What is going on around here?

Apologies to the folks left on TSW who are in fact football-smart...And there is still plenty of you out there no question...But the minute I read the words RR and 3-tech in the same sentence I pondered what has become of my favorite place for the better part of the past 2 decades...I really miss the days of legit football conversation...Maybe the Bills futility on the field has just rubbed off too much? Maybe the day and age of twitter has played into the quick off-the-top-of-the-head thoughts that seem to be more prevalent here nowadays...I don't know...I find myself spending far less time here than I used to, but my passion for Bills football, and the NFL in general has never waned...I'm just going elsewhere more and more to talk about football...

And coming from a poster who's signature has us taking a RB in the 1st?...

Anyway... B-)

:beer:

Bad day at the Office my Friend?

LOL

A decent Coach will make it work. Ragland is much too good to ignore. BB has a point but lets not define the scheme just yet. Bills have some very experienced Coaches coming in. Make the roster work for you

Ragland has the skill set for either defense that gets ran.

I still maintain that instinctive football players can play in ANY scheme......people put too much emphasis on athletes that put up great 40 times

This defense couldnt stop the run last year.....since that is a Ragland strength we can start there

Damnit you're right. After two years of being brainwashed into buying the need for specific talent to fit the scheme, it should be reset back to, give 'em talent and they can build an optimized scheme around it..... as it should be...

Eff you Rex Ryan

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Damnit you're right. After two years of being brainwashed into buying the need for specific talent to fit the scheme, it should be reset back to, give 'em talent and they can build an optimized scheme around it..... as it should be...

Eff you Rex Ryan

Thank you !

Then you can Always draft BPA !

It is no small feat to overcome our experience over all these years and imagine a fully functioning team feels like. Lot longer than Rex.

Lets keep an eye on Reggie as a barometer of the Coaching staff?

If you look at the DEs who played in McD's scheme last year in Carolina, Ragland's size measures up comparably. Saban used him as a nickle DE with his hand in the dirt. Granted college is a different animal, but the amount of posters on here who know more about football than Nick Saban is pretty comical.

how did he do at DE?

The threads on here lately are looney tunes

Tis the season

QB would be better

If you run cover 2 he's got to be able to get back and play centerfield it's pretty rough ... need a smaller guy

depends on what kind of coverage is called underneath. Cover two means two(most of the time safeties) defenders covering deep halves of the field. Line backers could be in man, covering flats, qb spy, blitz, short zone, or deep. If raglands isn't good at dropping deep, don't ask him to do that.

Ragland is a run thumping MLB, the scouting knock on him was that he might lack the agility excel in coverage or as a blitzer. I don't see how OP expects him to magically become explosive and develop rush moves.

he played as a DE and Pass rush Olb sometimes at Bama.