Don't go after my weed, man

Meathead

If ever there was something for the WH to consider NOT a priority, this is it. You can try and tie it to the opioid thing, but you're pissing in the wind. There is pretty much nothing the WH can do to stem the use of weed, and any effort will be mocked and ridiculed.

If they're trying to distract, find something else to distract with because pretty much everyone is okay with weed these days.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever there was something for the WH to consider NOT a priority, this is it. You can try and tie it to the opioid thing, but you're pissing in the wind. There is pretty much nothing the WH can do to stem the use of weed, and any effort will be mocked and ridiculed.

If they're trying to distract, find something else to distract with because pretty much everyone is okay with weed these days.

I have mixed feelings on weed. Have seen too many people hurt by the habit and legalization creates another enforcement challenge (driving under the influence) and will cost more lives. I'd have to lean no on legalization.

I have no problem with marijuana itself. It's the second-order sociological effects that are problematic, like the excessive proliferation of stoners who think they're elite because they're stoned, or the noise pollution of Tom Petty music.

I still don't understand why the stuff is illegal.

For me it's one reason and one reason only. I've been chastised here several times but it's a real issue. And that is more people driving impaired. And don't give me that "pot users are not a hazard on the road" ****. I know because I use it. When the wife and I go out I smoke a little and she drives. We have dinner, happy hour, wine tasting or whatever. She has a few drinks my buzz goes away and I drive home. Driving high is not safe and legalization will have more impaired drivers on the road. And there are other things I don't want people doing around me impaired but I'll stick with the driving for now.

I have mixed feelings on weed. Have seen too many people hurt by the habit and legalization creates another enforcement challenge (driving under the influence) and will cost more lives. I'd have to lean no on legalization.

This isn't about legalizing it. It's about the WH clamping down on illegal use. He may as well try to clamp down on teenagers spiking the punch at a high school dance. Or clamping down on people who who drive slowly in the left lane.

It's a fool's errand.

This isn't about legalizing it. It's about the WH clamping down on illegal use. He may as well try to clamp down on teenagers spiking the punch at a high school dance. Or clamping down on people who who drive slowly in the left lane.

It's a fool's errand.

Making or keeping week illegal will help with the bold part.

I have no problem with marijuana itself. It's the second-order sociological effects that are problematic, like the excessive proliferation of stoners who think they're elite because they're stoned, or the noise pollution of Tom Petty music.

You left out the smell.

^^^^^This and let's not forget illegal pot from Mexico (bad), legal pot that is TAXED & REGULATED by the state (worse).

In case anyone was wondering just looking at CCA's stock. It skyrocketed on November 9th 2016.

It's almost as if Trump has investments in Mexican drug cartels and CCA. He wins either way. Arbitrage at its finest. Guy is a genius.

Worst explanation today came from Spicer trying to equivocate the opiate epidemic and cannabis. Dude needs to get high. It's legal in DC. The whole Trump Administration should call it a day 40 minutes early at 4:20 and go get high.

I bet Spicer does or has gotten high... But money Trump's all.

For me it's one reason and one reason only. I've been chastised here several times but it's a real issue. And that is more people driving impaired. And don't give me that "pot users are not a hazard on the road" ****. I know because I use it. When the wife and I go out I smoke a little and she drives. We have dinner, happy hour, wine tasting or whatever. She has a few drinks my buzz goes away and I drive home. Driving high is not safe and legalization will have more impaired drivers on the road. And there are other things I don't want people doing around me impaired but I'll stick with the driving for now.

Honestly no more impaired drivers then already are on the road.

Edited by Beef Jerky

It's a fool's errand.

I agree that he should "pick his battles" and that cracking down on pot doesn't make the grade. However, slow left lane drivers should be executed without due process.

At least Trump is consistent in enforcement of Federal law. He's not just picking out the ones he likes. (like Obama).

What is the political breakdown of pot users?

You are pretty uninformed

You seem to control it. Should we ban cell phones because some lady just killed three people while texting and driving?

i agree with fraud chef, im not comfortable with stoners driving stoned all the time. its probably safer than booze driving but its still a hazard. id like to see them perfect a breath test or some other field test for weed before its legalized nationally