The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

CORRECTION: THE SEGREGATIONISTS WERE DEMOCRATS

The Associated Press’s story on last night’s Democratic presidential debate is now accompanied by this correction:

In a story June 27 about the Democratic presidential debate, The Associated Press reported erroneously in some versions that former Vice President Joe Biden worked with Republican segregationist senators. In fact, the senators were Democrats.

A reader wonders: “How many times can reporters and editors make this mistake?” Good question!

But I am not sure it is a mistake. I wouldn’t be surprised if some reporters, knowing that the Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and being fully aware that the Southern segregationists were all Democrats, keep saying “Republican” on purpose, in order to smear the Republican party and to confuse readers into thinking that segregationism was a bipartisan phenomenon.

it's all about Neural Linguistic Programming (NLP). notice the wording being used, "Joe Biden worked with Republican segregationist senators. In fact, the senators were Democrats". conveniently omitting the proper term,  Democrat segregationists. by not associating one word with the other, the braindead are not putting two and two together and are left with the previously misstated misnomer as the real connection.

it is all by design, they have been studying the effects of how these things work for well over a half of a century at this point.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Andrew Cuomo once offered his deep intellectual analysis that "no one needs more than 10 bullets to hunt a deer", but as you contemplate a crowd of masked anarchists poised to beat you to death with the implied consent of the authorities,  I'd bet a semi-automatic weapon would feel mightier than the pen. 

We've got a shiny new version of corruption that rivals the best type of political shenanigans ever offered during the Taminy Hall era. The streets of major cities in this country are overrun with garbage and human waste as we inch closer to a resurgence of some nasty diseases we thought were long since eradicated.  In other places cowards in masks and hoods are attacking innocent people and assaulting them while law enforcement looks the other way.   Amazing how history repeats itself. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That's great.  I work in immigration right now.  This is targeting me.  You can't imagine the stress, just going to work, wondering if I'm going to be assaulted for it.  

I really have to get my ass out of this country before it kills me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That's great.  I work in immigration right now.  This is targeting me.  You can't imagine the stress, just going to work, wondering if I'm going to be assaulted for it.  

I really have to get my ass out of this country before it kills me.

It won't be Antifa kicking your ass but an uprising of people here at PPP who have ever been called an idiot by you. You'll have to run the gauntlet every morning just to get to your office on time. There'll be no escaping to Ireland for you either. They have immigration standards.  

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It won't be Antifa kicking your ass but an uprising of people here at PPP who have ever been called an idiot by you. You'll have to run the gauntlet every morning just to get to your office on time. There'll be no escaping to Ireland for you either. They have immigration standards.  

Will Peter Pan be among them?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Canada will provide a warm embrace

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Warm and Canada should never be used in the same sentence. 

You only get to whine how it’s too hot for about 10 days a year

still leaves the rest of the year to whine nonstop about other things

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you feel you are going faster at 100K instead of 60M, so 90% go 140KPH on the major highways at a minimum

You might think you are going faster but you can't go as far. Our MPG is much better than your KPL. We'll always be your Daddy.

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You might think you are going faster but you can't go as far. Our MPG is much better than your KPL. We'll always be your Daddy.

not sure about that..... 

most Toronto driving is a few km over hours of a commute, leasing high-level autos is the norm