The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Remember, it's not the truth that they're after. They're narrative engineers, not truth seekers. Thus, any thinking that does not follow the narrative becomes "conspiracy theory" even when it's grounded in a more factual foundation than the narrative places like the Atlantic are spinning. 

They know they've lost control of millions of Americans, and millions more are about to join them. Be proud. They're terrified. 

• Like (+1) 3

WaPo hot take about preparing for Trump to reject result of upcoming election is a lock for the Projection Hall of Fame

The Washington Post has shared an op-ed from a contributor who either hasn’t been paying attention to what’s been happening these last four years or chooses to ignore it.

You might want to put your beverage down before proceeding:

The lack of self-awareness has to set some sort of record.

clintonabrams.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Looks like they're trying to rebrand "deplorables" thinking it will work this time.

Even better yet.....yesterday Nancy declared all of these hardworking Americans "INCONVENIENT"!

Get ready because that one's going to be the next oft-repeated slogan.

• Like (+1) 1

Trump says honking truckers were showing him love. (They weren't.)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/05/15/president-trump-truckers-protest-rose-garden-keilar-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Last week I saw a trucker interview talking about a DC protest. He said they were getting $.50 a mile instead of $2.00 a mile due to the economy shutdown, retail stores closed , restaurants , hotels.  

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

Trump says honking truckers were showing him love. (They weren't.)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/05/15/president-trump-truckers-protest-rose-garden-keilar-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Last week I saw a trucker interview talking about a DC protest. He said they were getting $.50 a mile instead of $2.00 a mile due to the economy shutdown, retail stores closed , restaurants , hotels.  

They were. They were protesting to open up, which is what he is pushing for. ;) :beer: 

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They were. They were protesting to open up, which is what he is pushing for. ;) :beer: 

I was under the impression truckers wanted to have part of stimulus package while economy is shutdown. They are losing big money even delivering food. 

1 minute ago, ALF said:

I was under the impression truckers wanted to have part of stimulus package while economy is shutdown. They are losing big money even delivering food. 

From what I've heard from people on the ground, they want the economy re-opened so they can get back to their normal wages, which is what Trump is stumping for. The truckers can and are getting in on the stimulus as it stands now (individual operators are eligible). The issue they're upset over is tied to the shutdown, not the stimulus. 

• Thank you (+1) 2