Trump kept Pence in dark about Flynn's Russia Calls

Meathead

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out how Hillary can receive donations from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, UAE, and other countries (Norway was big), and that isn't considered any kind of threat to the integrity of the Clinton campaign, but unproven claims about Russian Hackers are evidence of Russian tampering and treason by Trump?

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm still trying to figure out how Hillary can receive donations from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, UAE, and other countries (Norway was big), and that isn't considered any kind of threat to the integrity of the Clinton campaign, but unproven claims about Russian Hackers are evidence of Russian tampering and treason by Trump?

You are right! I sure hope they investigate both cases fully. Come on Congress, full investigations! Of course the Trump thing is way worse. Giving to a non profit that helps people isn't really a bad thing

I'm still trying to figure out how Obama campaigning overseas visiting world leaders in July of 2008 wasn't a violation of the Logan Act.

Didn't sift all the discussion here but if the NSA was listening in on the Russkie, that is OK. And they can even listen in to his calls with an American.

Funny you should say that, given that ten years ago warrantless wiretaps of overseas calls was such a huge issue of civil rights and due process, with people worried that such surveillance would be used to target American citizens...

Tony Fratto, a White House spokesman [...] stressed that the objective of the new law is to give the government greater flexibility in focusing on foreign suspects overseas, not to go after Americans.
“It’s foreign, that’s the point,” Mr. Fratto said. “What you want to make sure is that you are getting the foreign target.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/washington/06nsa.html

Strange how it was such a huge issue back then, then everyone went quiet on it for eight years, and now the people who were so concerned with it aren't even questioning it...

You are right! I sure hope they investigate both cases fully. Come on Congress, full investigations! Of course the Trump thing is way worse. Giving to a non profit that helps people isn't really a bad thing

Sounds legit. Let's have a Trump appointee investigate Hillary, and I'm guessing you want the people that are avowed Trump opponents to investigate Trump?

You're useless, because it's all evasions with you.

No, but stuff like that seemed to happen all the time, but I never saw it develop into calls for the presidents head (at least since Watergate).

It's all bull ****. I doubt there is a single person with any real qualifications, that couldn't be taken down by one of the branches of government. That's how they stay in control.

I always return to this video, talking about how Clinton had the FBI and CIA taping other politicians, them gathering more than enough to prosecute, but Bill just keeping the tapes for further use, instead of prosecuting pedophiles like Hastert.

Funny you should say that, given that ten years ago warrantless wiretaps of overseas calls was such a huge issue of civil rights and due process, with people worried that such surveillance would be used to target American citizens...

Strange how it was such a huge issue back then, then everyone went quiet on it for eight years, and now the people who were so concerned with it aren't even questioning it...

:beer:

Seriously? Was that what people were worried about? As I remember it was about the FBI knowing what books we took out of the library. But who controls the past...Good work

Huh................what was the MSM all in a froth about then ?

CNN:

FBI not expected to file charges against Flynn. He did not hide the truth. He was not intentionally misleading.

CNN Chief National Security Correspondent Jim Sciutto, citing his colleague, CNN Justice Correspondent Evan Perez, made the announcement on Twitter:

Breaking: FBI NOT expected to pursue charges against #MichaelFlynn regarding phone calls w/Russian Ambassador, reports @evanperez

More: FBI says Flynn was cooperative and provided truthful answers

Edited by B-Man

What did Flynn do wrong? What did he speak to the Russian ambassador about?

Don't know... But I hope we find out:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/319800-gop-senators-unnerved-by-trump-russia-relationship

"...While Republicans aren’t yet willing to endorse a special investigative committee, GOP senators have indicated that could change.

Chairman Bob Corkerbob_corker.jpg?itok=zoz0cXgxBob CorkerCorker: Senate GOP discussing best path for Russia probeGOP senators unnerved by Trump-Russia relationship acknowledged that calls for a wide-ranging investigation have “gained momentum over the last 48 hours.”

“I’m not yet ready to embrace that,” he added. “It’s fair to say, not specific to a select committee, I am engaging with others to try to figure out the best way, in a full way, to understand what is happening.”

Probably can be a thread in itself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/admit-it-trump-is-unfit-to-serve/2017/02/15/467d0bbe-f3be-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.4ecd75f848b2

But...But... Hillary did this!

The blame game never stops:

"...It is a sign of how beleaguered Trump is that his Twitter response on Wednesday morning was not to take responsibility but to assign blame. His villains are leakers and the press: “Information is being illegally given to the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost by the intelligence community (NSA and FBI?). Just like Russia.”

It is notable that in acknowledging that the news reports are based on “information,” Trump effectively confirmed them. At the same time, he was characteristically wrong about Russia, whose government prevents transparency and punishes those who try to foster it. There’s also this: Kremlin agents stole information from a political party in a free country. That is very different from the actions of the media’s informants inside our government who are holding our own officials accountable for their false denials and fictitious claims..."

• 4 weeks later...

What did Flynn do wrong?

Yeah, what indeed?

The Flynn choice is an unmitigated disaster at this point. The question is whether the dumpster will melt from the heat. Did Trump know about Turkey? And of course those pesky calls to Russia discussing sanctions.

What did Trump know and when did he know it.

The truth is coming to light. And it always does. As I said a few hundred years ago, three can keep a secret if two are dead.

If Trump had knowledge about any of this, even HOFWatkins might turn on him!

Edited by Benjamin Franklin