Bills Expected To Select QB in First 2 Rounds says Rival GM

jeffismagic

Not a bad idea.

Hope we can grab Trubisky or Watson witout losing an arm and a leg for them. Or if we pick them up I still want an elite S and WR in rounds 2 and 3

Its not about the chip but HOW he won the chip that tells a lot about the player.

Its about how he exhibited leadership on the field in the face of some adversity and the "clutch" factor of preforming when it counted the most and the lights were the brightest.

To me that is more important than a stupid tweet, you should be pushing why you dont believe in him as a passer at the NFL level cuz the social media stab is weak.

There are flaws to his game, that should get more attention than any stupid social media post.

Trubisky wont be there by the time we pick at 10.

I figured we all already know the flaws to his game Accuracy,tendancy to run too soon,footwork,turnovers, and learning a pro offense. I was just pointing out some issues that made me worry about his maturity and ability to lead an NFL franchise. These things are not out of bounds. NFL scouts dig way deeper than twitter. Everything matters both on and off the field when you draft a QB. Intangibles are such a huge part of being a successful QB that these things become important. No one will ever convince me that a guy talking about cashing in a big paycheck multiple times before even being drafted is a good look. Once again kudos to him for excelling in the national championship game. He did succeed in the biggest spot for a college football player, but once again this indicates nothing regarding his pro career. How many unsuccessful pro QB's won national championships? There are tons of them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Prescott has a long, successful career ahead of him. Sucks we missed out but so did 31 other teams for three rounds. I know it's deemed a weak class but I really think if we get Trubisky or Watson we will be set.

I'll preface by saying that I think Prescott looks very good.

However, the Cowboys - with that line and that run game - could have had Curtis Painter starting and they still would have made the playoffs, in my opinion.

However, the Cowboys - with that line and that run game - could have had Curtis Painter starting and they still would have made the playoffs, in my opinion.

Colts fan ?

Ehh, they had the same line and McFadden performed pretty admirably for them in 2015 and they were one of the worst teams in the league with guys like Cassel / Weeden / Kellen Moore playing QB. Dak was put in a position to succeed, but the guy also played very well.

I'll agree with guys like Mayock though, this isn't the draft to take a QB top 10. It's been discussed in other threads, but there are several blue chip talents (Davis, Williams, Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Foster) who could really help us out moving forward. I'd be fine with any one of Trub / Watson / Kizer / Mahomes in round 2 though.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

The Bills should trade for Curtis Painter. That way, they'd have a Carpenter, Wood, & Painter. Bring in Jamie Nails & 'House' Ballard as assistant offensive line coaches to help the running game lay the lumber and the organization would (wood?) have a solid foundation from which to build.

The Bills should trade for Curtis Painter. That way, they'd have a Carpenter, Wood, & Painter. Bring in Jamie Nails & 'House' Ballard as assistant offensive line coaches to help the running game lay the lumber and the organization would (wood?) have a solid foundation from which to build.

Nicely done!

Not a bad idea.

Landry Jones and Bryan Hoyer are terrible ideas, and neither should be considered

if you are thinking of them as potential starters.

If the Bills are going to let Tyrod walk, and they can't get Romo, they should

draft a rookie and start him or Cardale. No reason to waste time on a QB everyone

knows is not better than what they just let walk. At least with a rookie, in

spite of growing pains along the way, we get a guy who might be good. Or even

Cardale.

You build up the team around them through FA and other draft picks.

Add the money not spent on Tyrod to the cap room from a couple of restructured

contracts and whatever else is left over to strengthen the team and let the chips

fall.

Although I would rather keep TT, if he is released, I would roll the dice with Watson if he's there at 10. I'm a sucker for athletic QB that can do things with their feet as well as their arms.

My gut feeling is, he will be over-drafted by another equally desperate team before the Bills have the opportunity to be desperate at 10..

I think no QB is worth it in the 2017 draft. But Watson or Kizer would be the top 2 prospects. However I'm tired of drafting or trading to get QBs, we need to focus on one of the top 2 WRs or OT or S positiions.

Landry Jones and Bryan Hoyer are terrible ideas, and neither should be considered

if you are thinking of them as potential starters.

If the Bills are going to let Tyrod walk, and they can't get Romo, they should

draft a rookie and start him or Cardale. No reason to waste time on a QB everyone

knows is not better than what they just let walk. At least with a rookie, in

spite of growing pains along the way, we get a guy who might be good. Or even

Cardale.

You build up the team around them through FA and other draft picks.

Add the money not spent on Tyrod to the cap room from a couple of restructured

contracts and whatever else is left over to strengthen the team and let the chips

fall.

Right thats the plan I said wasnt a bad idea, you pick up a cheap Landry Jones, as defacto back up to whoever we draft at QB high, with him and Cardale battling it out for the #2 QB spot in pre-season and TC.

Ah, okay. My bad.

All good, Id rather keep Tyrod restructure so the cap hit this year isnt that high, draft a S and a WR with the 1st 2 picks, add a veteran WR in FA, and fill out our defense with the rest of the draft hoping to hit on a few picks, could also take a QB like Mahomes Trubisky or Watson but only with a trade down to get the extra 2nd round pick. Watson and Trubisky will not be there past 15 tho, they might not even make it passed 7. If Trubisky falls to us they should take him over Watson.