Bills Expected To Select QB in First 2 Rounds says Rival GM

jeffismagic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a few people suggesting the drafting of a first round QB while keeping TT around. Salary cap aside I don't think that there is anyway you can do that. TT is not an elite QB at the end of his career where we are drafting a replacement. TT is in the prime of his career and wants to be a starter. The drafting of a round one QB is the writing on the wall that he would be on his way out. I don't see how this would benefit the team at this point. It's highly unlikely that we'll see anything more from TT this season than years past. Try getting to mid season with a below 500 record and a struggling passing game. The calls for the rookie to play will grow louder every week.

I believe that TT could be a serviceable starter in the proper situation. However, this is a 500 or below team. Ultimately the QB gets blamed for the teams record regardless of how they are playing. This is why I think you either draft an early round QB or you have to commit to TT for at least this season. Putting a first round pick behind TT is only setting him up to be benched this season. There is no reason to keep him in that case. I have no problem with drafting a mid to late round guy. It wouldn't give the message that TT is on his way out. Personally I don't like this years draft class enough to draft a first round QB. If the Bills

disagree with my sentiment than I don't see why they'd keep TT.

do the right thing Buffalo: get rid of TT, draft a QB first round, let Cardale start this year, Cardale will go 7-9, get the rookie up to speed, put him in, he'll go 6-10 but he's just a rookie so give him another chance, he will then go 8-8, then in 2020 we realize we need to trade for the bones of Sam Bradford, bones will subsequently go 10-6 just a game short of the wild card.