The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed you didn't sneak in yourself, "Wedding Crashers" style.

Uncle Ned's kid Magical Jeff, running a maple syrup conglomerate

I'd rather slip into One Bills Drive and reprogram Sean the Wrestler's motivational tapes he listens to. Put in switched tapes that keep saying "Mahomes" until he wants to draft a QB.

I'd rather slip into One Bills Drive and reprogram Sean the Wrestler's motivational tapes he listens to. Put in switched tapes that keep saying "Mahomes" until he wants to draft a QB.

Again, disappointed this wasn't already done. I guess #allin was left in 2016.

Did he perform perfect dropbacks from center and other pro-style exploits? I think I remember the kid himself saying it was a chance to show off progress.

The Bills being in attendance made me smile. It's possible Derm feels secure in his job for 3-4 years and wants to develop his own guy he can win big with. or a guy like Monos may have long-term vision and pound the table. Things have been tight-lipped around OBD lately, maybe they're playing coy on their QB interest. #graspingatstraws

Did he perform perfect dropbacks from center and other pro-style exploits? I think I remember the kid himself saying it was a chance to show off progress.

The Bills being in attendance made me smile. It's possible Derm feels secure in his job for 3-4 years and wants to develop his own guy he can win big with. or a guy like Monos may have long-term vision and pound the table. Things have been tight-lipped around OBD lately, maybe they're playing coy on their QB interest. #graspingatstraws

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000796743/Patrick-Mahomes-Pro-Day-highlights

Now we see a QB in Mahomes showing he is as smooth as butter in his drop backs from center. This guy is like clay, mold him into greatness. The next great one has arrived.

uote name="thebandit27" post="4313016" timestamp="1490985896"]

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000796743/Patrick-Mahomes-Pro-Day-highlights

Edited by billsareback

After watching Mahomes against K-state and Texas I see a guy who can see the field in scramble situations, but a guy who is very careless with the ball on a lot of plays.

I saw a lot of passes behind the line of scrimmage and very few passes where he actually set his feet and strode into the pass.

There is some talent there, but I think he is a bit of a long shot to really become a good player in the NFL. While he makes some very very nice throws without really setting up properly, many throws are made while going backwards. In my opinion, and I am not a scout, there are a lot of things to clean up in his game, but I will say that he does seem to see the full field when plays breakdown.

My opinion is that Mahomes could be a major league turnover machine in the NFL who won't last long if he has to play without a lot of development. As with most QBs, I don't know if he will ever really shed those habits that look dangerous for the NFL.

I know some see a "gun slinger" like Favre when they see him, there are a LOT of "gun slingers" who never make it in the NFL and Favre is the exception rather than the rule.

I'd have a VERY hard time taking Mahomes at 10 or even in round 1. I think that even in round 2 you are taking a long-shot gamble on him and likely missing out on a starting calibre DB or WR if you take Mahomes.

Wow just wow you can draft 7 jerry rices or Derrell Revis who the Hell cares we're going no where until we get a QB you just don't get it your living in a dream world

quote name="OldTimer1960" post="4313322" timestamp="1491002450"]After watching Mahomes against K-state and Texas I see a guy who can see the field in scramble situations, but a guy who is very careless with the ball on a lot of plays.

I saw a lot of passes behind the line of scrimmage and very few passes where he actually set his feet and strode into the pass.

There is some talent there, but I think he is a bit of a long shot to really become a good player in the NFL. While he makes some very very nice throws without really setting up properly, many throws are made while going backwards. In my opinion, and I am not a scout, there are a lot of things to clean up in his game, but I will say that he does seem to see the full field when plays breakdown.

My opinion is that Mahomes could be a major league turnover machine in the NFL who won't last long if he has to play without a lot of development. As with most QBs, I don't know if he will ever really shed those habits that look dangerous for the NFL.

I know some see a "gun slinger" like Favre when they see him, there are a LOT of "gun slingers" who never make it in the NFL and Favre is the exception rather than the rule.

I'd have a VERY hard time taking Mahomes at 10 or even in round 1. I think that even in round 2 you are taking a long-shot gamble on him and likely missing out on a starting calibre DB or WR if you take Mahomes.

@CianF: About 30 percent of Mahomes' throws so far have been aimless heaves downfield.

@CianF: Like this. These two come from the same quarter. Both on first-and-10, not chasing the game.

Video: https://twitter.com/cianaf/status/847991868357038080

That video is pretty scary, and a lot of his throws are like that. Mahomes fits the profile of a 1st round draft bust. Looks the part and has a strong arm but doesn't have the mechanics to succeed at the NFL level without making major strides. If the Bills are smart they'll try and find their Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott, not throw away their first pick on a huge long shot to ever work. The 2nd round should be the earliest we take any QB but we definitely should draft one at some point...

Edited by HappyDays