NYDN: "Suck for Sam" Jets tanking for Darnold

CanadianFan

If it were only that easy. And even if you suck enough to land the #1 pick there's no guarantee he will turn out to be Great like Brady and/or Manning.

I'd rather strive to make my team as good as possible every year. Then if you love a guy like Darnold, go ahead and trade your whole draft to move up. If you think he is the final piece to the puzzle.

For the Jets a total rebuild makes total sense. I have started this evening to begin to do my prep for my pre-FA mock draft. And when you look at the Jets roster even in the spots they are talented they are old (with the exception of the D line which underperformed in 2016). That is a place that really should be thinking "tear down." They do allegedly love Trubisky though so I can see them pulling the trigger this year if he makes it to #6.

Edited by GunnerBill

For the Jets a total rebuild makes total sense. I have started this evening to begin to do my prep for my pre-FA mock draft. And when you look at the Jets roster even in the spots they are talented they are old (with the exception of the D line which underperformed in 2016). That is a place that really should be thinking "tear down." They do allegedly love Trubisky though so I can see them pulling the trigger this year if he makes it to #6.

They've been patching holes since rex year 2. They have some talent at WR, solid yet unspectacular RBs. They just have such an old secondary - and are in need of a pair of new corners.

Jets are going to suck bad next year regardless of whether they try to tank or not. It is very possible that they will have the first pick overall after next season.

If I am the Bills, I consider trading out of my first pick this year for the Jet's first pick next year. Or perhaps some other bottom feeder team like Frisco or Cleveland if someone is up for it.

If it were only that easy. And even if you suck enough to land the #1 pick there's no guarantee he will turn out to be Great like Brady and/or Manning.

I'd rather strive to make my team as good as possible every year. Then if you love a guy like Darnold, go ahead and trade your whole draft to move up. If you think he is the final piece to the puzzle.

I thought Rex was the final piece of their puzzle?

They've been patching holes since rex year 2. They have some talent at WR, solid yet unspectacular RBs. They just have such an old secondary - and are in need of a pair of new corners.

Yeah I agree. and this year's draft happens to be deep in DBs. Lucky for them. I can see them draft corners with their first three picks and wait for a QB in 2018. We got competition.