• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Diesel-USMC

What race?

Everything is race. If you don't like cake, you're racist. Come on. You know that.

A Muslim ban? Or a travel ban?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. Let them marinate. Context matters little.

It very much has to do with race issues.

Only if you approach it with that built in bias.

The travel ban from a limited # of countries with Terrorist connections, does not limit any members of a "race", as you wish to define it

the double standard is alive and well ...

Snoop's 'Trump clown' YouTube video causes outrage

Snoop Dogg's music video in which the rapper 'shoots' a clown Donald Trump with a toy gun is getting a lot of reaction, even from Sen. Marco Rubio

It's not every day that a music video gets millions of YouTube views, and a senator's critique of it is also trending on the site.
On Tuesday, however, that was precisely where we found ourselves with respect to Snoop Dogg's slightly controversial video for "Lavender (Nightfall Remix)."
It depicts a world in which everyone is a clown, but the police are still bad clowns and the president is a clown with oddly straw-colored hair and the name Ronald Klump.
There's a scene in this video that will surely not be to everyone's taste.
Snoop, who for some peculiar reason of art or ego isn't a clown in the video, pulls out a gun and conducts a mock assassination of Klump.
It's a toy confetti gun, of course. But the feeling it leaves behind isn't exactly playful.
outrage? i dont see much outrage. this was the ONLY article i found anywhere expressing outrage, and thats just their opinion
imagine the same exact video with mostly black actors and a black president named Sarak Ubama that gets shot by a toy gun in exactly the same manner
how many cities would be burning? how many businesses would be looted? how many white news anchors would be screaming racism? how many cops would be killed? not to mention the preposterous claim that putting black ppl in clownface would itself be automatically racist. only for black folks, of course
the white artists career would be destroyed. but snoop will rake in the paper. what could possibly go wrong?
i actually like snoop, as best as i can tell from never meeting him. but he is CLEARLY deeply biased on his views of whites. and ive never once seen him make any criticisms of blackness, which of course is at least half the problem here
this imbalance is what is KILLING the vital black/white relationship. the double standard is straight to the heart of our current neo-racism problem
and yet i know exactly what will happen. most of your replies will be attacking me as if im doing something wrong pointing out this poison that infects us. your infection is so deeply rooted you cant even see your own contradictions
the rest of you will remain silent
and thus this horribly destructive wildly double standard phenomenon will continue to tear us apart
i for one plan to not remain silent

one set of rules for all in the beloved community

Edited by Meathead

the double standard is alive and well ...

Snoop's 'Trump clown' YouTube video causes outrage

Snoop Dogg's music video in which the rapper 'shoots' a clown Donald Trump with a toy gun is getting a lot of reaction, even from Sen. Marco Rubio

It's not every day that a music video gets millions of YouTube views, and a senator's critique of it is also trending on the site.

On Tuesday, however, that was precisely where we found ourselves with respect to Snoop Dogg's slightly controversial video for "Lavender (Nightfall Remix)."

It depicts a world in which everyone is a clown, but the police are still bad clowns and the president is a clown with oddly straw-colored hair and the name Ronald Klump.

There's a scene in this video that will surely not be to everyone's taste.

Snoop, who for some peculiar reason of art or ego isn't a clown in the video, pulls out a gun and conducts a mock assassination of Klump.

It's a toy confetti gun, of course. But the feeling it leaves behind isn't exactly playful.

https://www.cnet.com/news/snoops-trump-clown-youtube-music-video-outrage-rubio-toy-gun-lavender/

outrage? i dont see much outrage. this was the ONLY article i found anywhere expressing outrage, and thats just their opinion

imagine the same exact video with mostly black actors and a black president named Sarak Ubama that gets shot by a toy gun in exactly the same manner

how many cities would be burning? how many businesses would be looted? how many white news anchors would be screaming racism? how many cops would be killed? not to mention the preposterous claim that putting black ppl in clownface would itself be automatically racist. only for black folks, of course

the white artists career would be destroyed. but snoop will rake in the paper. what could possibly go wrong?

i actually like snoop, as best as i can tell from never meeting him. but he is CLEARLY deeply biased on his views of whites. and ive never once seen him make any criticisms of blackness, which of course is at least half the problem here

this imbalance is what is KILLING the vital black/white relationship. the double standard is straight to the heart of our current neo-racism problem

and yet i know exactly what will happen. most of your replies will be attacking me as if im doing something wrong pointing out this poison that infects us. your infection is so deeply rooted you cant even see your own contradictions

the rest of you will remain silent

and thus this horribly destructive wildly double standard phenomenon will continue to tear us apart

i for one plan to not remain silent

one set of rules for all in the beloved community

I tried several times to think of something stupid enough to fit this post by you but could not. Edited by Boyst62

i watched that whole (awful) video and i assume the ending is supposed to be his assassination, which appears cut off

so two points:

1) that was a black artist. the point of course is that we have a double standard and a black artist parodying an assassination of a black (half) president is not equivalent

c) they did actually cut out the assassination part. that would seem to only bolster my point that what snoop did was inappropriate. the same thing should be done with snoops video

im certainly not a trump fan, im not much of a nationalist so im not actually offended by a mock assassination per se. but it is a dangerous image to be portraying and snoop should be ashamed of himself, anybody should. i called out the don for his much less specific endorsing of violence at his rallys and im calling out snoop here

the point here is that we have a massive double standard in regards to which race can do what. that leads to all kinds of cascading trouble in the relationship

unfortunately i expect the best you can do is to come in here and attack me. thats what we do now when someone has the courage to stand up and question these things, we dont listen, we dont debate, we have no discernment at all. all we do is attack the messenger. its sick and disgusting and perpetuates the severe problems weve had for many many decades

funny how i have zero problem walking into black neighborhoods, alone, and making friends. and yet to you retards i am the problem. holy hell thats fkd up

what kind of voodoo magic grips you idiots? ive said it before and ill say it again: its the same voodoo magic i saw in white ppl back in the day. try to talk sense and it falls on deaf ears. try to tell them they are fkd up and they mob up to gang up on you and make you the problem

YOU are the racists now. YOU are the ones not listening to reason. YOU enforce these blatant double standards that cause us so much damage. YOU have become the biased institution. i cant make it any clearer

Edited by Meathead

YOU are the racists now. YOU are the ones not listening to reason. YOU enforce these blatant double standards that cause us so much damage. YOU have become the biased institution. i cant make it any clearer

Hey everyone! We're all racists! And you know what that means!

what kind of voodoo magic grips you idiots? ive said it before and ill say it again: its the same voodoo magic

i saw in white ppl back in the day. try to talk sense and it falls on deaf ears. try to tell them they are fkd up and they mob up to gang up on you and make you the problem

It is clear to anyone with a three digit IQ................you ARE the problem.

talking about the legalities of weed in the shoutbox... alive and well in the shoutbox progressives.

this was said...

"Please stop with the idiotic stereotypes. My god. A good start to drug reform would be to stop locking up poor minorities"