How has your life changed since we were in Super Bowl 28?

major

Let's see. My son was 2 and my daughter 1 at the time of the game. There both big Bills fans. So, I raised a family with my beautiful wife. Coached Triple A boys hockey and won a state championship, final 4 nationals. Changed jobs around this time and went from a fortune 500 life to a smaller business life. I now run the business. My daughter is in Denver working for a think tank type thingy. And, my son is a management consultant. Our health is good, knock on wood, the usual stuff over the years. Although I did get hit by a car in 97 leading to broken leg. My wife and I have been through some of the usual things of a 30 year marriage. Our marriage is strong, she went back to teaching school, and we are empty nesters now and don't have any grandchildren yet. Took up golf some 15 years ago and have become hooked. I'm a 7 or 8 handicap. Life is good.

Nice topic.

Edited by horned dogs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I go to work the light at the end of the tunnel is retirement, not a freight train coming at me. I try to remember this on days when I feel like I'm being hit by a freight train.

Oh yeah I've developed a taste for red wine (not that I still don't drink my share of beer.)

Ain't life awesome? :lol:

I used to do 30 mile trail runs just for fun.

Now I have trouble putting my socks on in the morning.

In the time it took me to transform from a highly conditioned athlete to fat, aching wreck of a man, the Bills still haven't won a Super Bowl.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Got my drivers license.

Graduated HS.

Graduated College.

Moved to Florida.

Moved back to Buffalo.

Moved to Tucson. Got married. Got divorced.

Moved to Virginia Beach.

Moved to DC. Got Married.

Moved to Virginia Beach again.

Bought a house.

So, all and all, not much.

I was living in Georgia at the time and actually went to the game.

Soon afterward I got married, moved to Pittsburgh and went to grad school, had daughter #1, moved to New Jersey, had daughter #2, moved to Corning, NY, had daughter #3, moved to Tokyo, moved back to Corning, moved back to Tokyo, moved back to Corning, got divorced, got married again.

I remember the Bills leading at halftime and I went and called my brother on a pay phone instead of watching Michael Jackson perform at half time.

Then it went to sh*t and I ended up with one of the worst hangovers of my life the next day.

Hard to believe they just played the last football game in the Georgia Dome. It's only 25 years old.

I think the saddest replies in all of these posts are the ones about people burying their fathers and brothers. It hits me right in the feels(not in a good way) whenever I hear about a Bills fan passing away having never seen them win the big one. My father is still here and well but we said goodbye to my grandfather in December of 1996 and I was just thinking about him the other day from the Bills perspective of never getting to see them win it. The old timers really deserve it more than anybody after those 4 losses.

Not really a baseball fan but seeing the Cubs finally win the Series really hit home for me because I know we would go through all the same emotions if the Bills ever pull it off

I was 24 and unaware Jim Kelly would only last a couple more years and I would have to worry when/if we get another franchise QB again.

Don't worry, but he time your great grand children are 24, we should have the QB thing figured out.

I was 18 then. I suggest you NEVER go look at pictures of yourself when you were that age because you never know how much potential you have when you are 18 or how good looking you were back then. Now I just turned 41 and still have a full head of hair but it's now all grey. Since then I lost my virginity , and have worked at burger king , and 2 factory jobs . The 2nd of which I've been employed at since Aug of 2000. Pays well and I'm thankful to have it. Also got married in 2015 to my wife who has the same exact birthday as me. I'm 11 hours older though. 2 stepkids that test my patience almost on a daily basis but I guess that's karma hard at work.I also am a STH now , next season will be my 2nd season, also happy about that too.

I think the saddest replies in all of these posts are the ones about people burying their fathers and brothers. It hits me right in the feels(not in a good way) whenever I hear about a Bills fan passing away having never seen them win the big one. My father is still here and well but we said goodbye to my grandfather in December of 1996 and I was just thinking about him the other day from the Bills perspective of never getting to see them win it. The old timers really deserve it more than anybody after those 4 losses.

Not really a baseball fan but seeing the Cubs finally win the Series really hit home for me because I know we would go through all the same emotions if the Bills ever pull it off

yup. first place i'll go if buffalo gets a title is to my dad's grave and have a beer with him.