WRs - Overall Grade F: requires a complete rebuild for 2017

San-O

How could Whaley have gotten this unit SO badly wrong?

"Final Overall Grade F: This unit is void of talent and requires a complete rebuild for 2017"

http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/index.shtml

Dump everybody except Sammy, rookie contract, and start all over.

And the problem I have is that most knew before the season started, this unit was a mess...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Final Overall Grade F: This unit is void of talent and requires a complete rebuild for 2017"

And the problem I have is that most knew before the season started, this unit was a mess...

So we're the linebackers and pass rush though... we knew we were gonna be a running team.

It's hard to disagree with this. Even before the injuries, it was Sammy and Woods really, and that's it. The rest of the WR were a bunch of nobodies that never accomplished anything at the NFL level. Throw in injuries to Sammy and Woods during the season, and you're left with an absolute worst case scenario. Justin Hunter and Percy Harvin had to be brought in just to be able to field an offensive unit. Abysmal.

So we're the linebackers and pass rush though... we knew we were gonna be a running team.

Right, but I'm looking at what I think is the weakest unit on the team I guess, and possibly the unit with the least upside and most injuries?

Whaley seems to do a great job picking up front D front 7 guys... agree?

"Void of talent"?

Shouldn't it be "devoid of talent"?

Correct, IMO. devoid of talent OR talent void

Correct, IMO. devoid of talent OR talent void

this unit may be BOTH!! :D

I suspect they will draft a WR on day 1 or 2 to replace Woods. A healthy Watkins would help a lot. And Clay was criminally underutilized. Watkins, Clay and a decent #2 would be all they need if they can run the ball like last season. And, it's probably all that they can utilize given their likely QB situation.

True very underwhelming but sign Woods (if you can) draft Corey Davis and guess what - your receiving corps is suddenly very good.

So the solution is possibly out there, probably all depends on how you prioritize your needs (assuming Davis is there at #10. I would take him ahead of Williams.

Yet guys running open all over the field every game. 1st string or 5th string it didn't matter, they were open per All 22.

Disagree. Tate is a really good KR/PR we need to keep him on if only for that reason alone. Great WR to run the reverse too. I dont mind them cleaning house but I think we should hold on to Tate and Hunter. Woods is gone, hes going somewhere that passes more and I dont blame him wish em the best of luck.

Agree with Whaley dropping the ball. He really slacked on that one and the team paid for it.

Oldy Moldy you do know all QBs miss open receivers every game right? Do you watch other games besides the Bills?

m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

Yet guys running open all over the field every game. 1st string or 5th string it didn't matter, they were open per All 22.

Edited by Marty McFly

Eh, bunch of nonsense really. Injuries can kill any group when you're hit like the Bills were.

The Bills are one good WR away from an excellent group. Talent wise, Watkins is a clear 1 and Woods is very good 3. Justin Hunter is solid depth and redzone WR, and if Listenbee can catch at all, his speed makes him a threat in the right situations (but obviously he's an unknown at this point).

If the Bills can get a solid #2 WR, the entire group is made better and they're a little further from disaster if the injury bugs hit.

Eh, bunch of nonsense really. Injuries can kill any group when you're hit like the Bills were.

The Bills are one good WR away from an excellent group. Talent wise, Watkins is a clear 1 and Woods is very good 3. Justin Hunter is solid depth and redzone WR, and if Listenbee can catch at all, his speed makes him a threat in the right situations (but obviously he's an unknown at this point).

If the Bills can get a solid #2 WR, the entire group is made better and they're a little further from disaster if the injury bugs hit.

Reasonable take. Injuries do make a group look worse than it possibly was/is

Disagree. Tate is a really good KR/PR we need to keep him on if only for that reason alone. Great WR to run the reverse too. I dont mind them cleaning house but I think we should hold on to Tate and Hunter. Woods is gone, hes going somewhere that passes more and I dont blame him wish em the best of luck.

Agree with Whaley dropping the ball. He really slacked on that one and the team paid for it.

Oldy Moldy you do know all QBs miss open receivers every game right? Do you watch other games besides the Bills?

m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

Oh, ok, so you are acknowledging that Bills WR, regardless of how far down on the depth chart they are, were running open every game.

So the people bitching that the WR were subpar as the reason Tyrod couldn't get the ball to them was actually on Tyrod, not the WR. Got it! :thumbsup:

Edited by old school

Who put together these grades? Sure the receiving unit is thin and underachieved, but how can anyone say it's "devoid of talent" with Watkins and Clay? A lack of talent has never been these guys' problem.

That whole write up is hyperbolic and whiny. I know everyone here hates the actual sports media but at least most of them have some level of professionalism.

Can we actually get some NFL size Wrs this time. Mof can we get some NFL sized LBs, Secondary, D lineman is it just me or do we look smaller then other teams at these positions. I know we get corners starting at Safety. Can we get some real Safeties this time. Why does Prestin Brown look like he should be working at UPS? Idk are these small pudgy looking players a criteria for drafting. Our team is the Adams family of football a Hoge pudge group of players.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Without the injuries we would have been OK for the offense we ran. I expect to lose Woods but pick up a guy high.