A Thought Out Romo Scenario

H2o

We all know Romo is on the block. He's 37 years old with Pro Bowl talent, but is one hit away from being retired with his bad back. There are up to 7 QB needy teams this year. You have Cleveland, San Fran, Chicago, NY Jets, Houston, Denver, and Buffalo. Denver for some reason is not in the mix per reports and Houston has too much money tied up in Osweiler to take on another hefty QB contract. That leaves 5 teams. Cleveland and San Fran are COMPLETE rebuilds. I can't see Romo going to either of those as he probably wants a chance to win now. That leaves 3 teams. Chicago? Another team that is farther than they are closer to contending. That leaves two teams, those being the NY Jets and Buffalo Bills. The Jets salary cap situation is worse than ours at the moment and word is they are enamored with Mitch Trubisky anyway. They also have the 6th pick in the draft which could very well land them their guy. Tyrod will be one of these team's new QB as he will be released in March once he passes his physical. There are reports that have him tied to Cleveland and Hue Jackson. So after reviewing all of these teams it seems the most logical destination is here in Buffalo.

McDermott is going to fix the defense, I have full confidence in that. I also believe that despite the on the field showing last year under the Ryan's that this team still has that top 5 potential with the players we have. We still need some pieces and depth, but the starting unit is pretty much there if Kyle returns. Need a Safety or two, another CB, need to decide what we're doing with Gilmore, and try to get a couple of the pending FA's back under contract. The personnel fits a 4-3 much better than a 3-4. Hopefully they will be healthy and ready to rock come September. I also think that this makes Buffalo a more attractive situation for Tony.

Here is the draft day breakdown. The Cowboys don't need much. They were just the #1 seed in the NFC. What help they do need is on defense. Jerry has been a willing trade partner with us before on multiple occasions I might add. We want more picks and need a QB. Here is how it works:

Buffalo gets Tony Romo, Rnd 1 #28, and Rnd 2 #60

Dallas gets Rnd 1 #10

I know the draft point chart is just a guideline that teams go by, but when you break this down it's like we are giving up a mid 2nd Round pick for Romo. Dallas gets to take a top CB and we still have a 1st, albeit 18 spots later. We then have our QB and 4 picks in the first 75. That could swing some things our way if the picks are quality ones. We could also take one of the young QB's and actually allow them to learn the game behind a proven NFL QB. The other 3 picks can go to WR, S, and OT. Or they could use all 4 picks for something other than a QB. Just a thought.

We all know Romo is on the block. He's 37 years old with Pro Bowl talent, but is one hit away from being retired with his bad back. There are up to 7 QB needy teams this year. You have Cleveland, San Fran, Chicago, NY Jets, Houston, Denver, and Buffalo. Denver for some reason is not in the mix per reports and Houston has too much money tied up in Osweiler to take on another hefty QB contract. That leaves 5 teams. Cleveland and San Fran are COMPLETE rebuilds. I can't see Romo going to either of those as he probably wants a chance to win now. That leaves 3 teams. Chicago? Another team that is farther than they are closer to contending. That leaves two teams, those being the NY Jets and Buffalo Bills. The Jets salary cap situation is worse than ours at the moment and word is they are enamored with Mitch Trubisky anyway. They also have the 6th pick in the draft which could very well land them their guy. Tyrod will be one of these team's new QB as he will be released in March once he passes his physical. There are reports that have him tied to Cleveland and Hue Jackson. So after reviewing all of these teams it seems the most logical destination is here in Buffalo.

McDermott is going to fix the defense, I have full confidence in that. I also believe that despite the on the field showing last year under the Ryan's that this team still has that top 5 potential with the players we have. We still need some pieces and depth, but the starting unit is pretty much there if Kyle returns. Need a Safety or two, another CB, need to decide what we're doing with Gilmore, and try to get a couple of the pending FA's back under contract. The personnel fits a 4-3 much better than a 3-4. Hopefully they will be healthy and ready to rock come September. I also think that this makes Buffalo a more attractive situation for Tony.

Here is the draft day breakdown. The Cowboys don't need much. They were just the #1 seed in the NFC. What help they do need is on defense. Jerry has been a willing trade partner with us before on multiple occasions I might add. We want more picks and need a QB. Here is how it works:

Buffalo gets Tony Romo, Rnd 1 #28, and Rnd 2 #60

Dallas gets Rnd 1 #10

I know the draft point chart is just a guideline that teams go by, but when you break this down it's like we are giving up a mid 2nd Round pick for Romo. Dallas gets to take a top CB and we still have a 1st, albeit 18 spots later. We then have our QB and 4 picks in the first 75. That could swing some things our way if the picks are quality ones. We could also take one of the young QB's and actually allow them to learn the game behind a proven NFL QB. The other 3 picks can go to WR, S, and OT. Or they could use all 4 picks for something other than a QB. Just a thought.

Breakdown. Definitely a keyword with respect to one Tony Romo.

So the idea being we're not in a complete re-build so lets get an ailing QB to delay us one to two seasons for a chance to sniff the playoffs? also, who's behind romo when he gets hurt or retires? so much sacrifice just for a gamble at short-term gains that will invariably lead to cardale jones as your 2019 starting Bills QB. or 2018 or, !@#$ it, 2017. All for what? An away wild card game at Denver where we get bludgeoned?

well, in this the bills trade back 18 spots for romo and a 2....

a 2 is more than i would want to give for romo.

id venture there is a chance if we made a move like this that we would trade tyrod instead of cut -- and that would soften the cost.

i mean, i dont love it but its not as absurd as some stuff that floats out there.

i like your idea bc it gives the bills an extra high pick

what i dont like is the enormous risk of putting tony romo on the field. seems like he has a collarbone with the rigidity of a vanilla wafer. then its the cardale show and probably all hell breaks loose

id rather keep tyrod and just draft a qb somewhere in the first few rounds and try to get long term lucky instead of waiting for tony mcbrokenbone to go down

So, the Bills spend a #10 pick on a QB who is "one hit away from being retired"?

Why not offer the Cowboys AW then? Straight up trade!

When do the Romo ruminations end?

You're a retard. We move back in the first get an extra 2nd and a QB better Tyrod