The Trump Economy

GG

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You guys are always good for a laugh with your hypocrisy   :lol:

You going to back it up at all? Or just say nonsense and claim victory. 

2020 is going to be fun to watch you melt down. But don't worry, your new avatar is going to be sweet. The best, I promise. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Show me one post I've made where I've celebrated a partisan outcome over the nation's interest. Just one. 

If you believe the post of mine you just quoted is doing that--clearly your partisanship is assuming I'm celebrating a slowing economy where people are going to start suffering down the road... that's on you--then there are countless posts where you do exactly that.  

If you deny that, you're being disingenuous.

Look through your own posting history.  Seems like you could use the self-reflection.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

If you believe the post of mine you just quoted is doing that--clearly your partisanship is assuming I'm celebrating a slowing economy where people are going to start suffering down the road... that's on you--then there are countless posts where you do exactly that.  

If you deny that, you're being disingenuous.

Look through your own posting history.  Seems like you could use the self-reflection.

Show me one time where I've done that. 

You can't. 

So you'll say I should do it for you. That's a coward's way to argue, Transplant. Be better than that.

Transplant, unemployment is at a record low and wages have increased dramatically while they stayed stagnant under Obama. The true test of an economy is wages.

Why did the economy shitthebed in '08? Look up the origins of the CRA and the democrat push for extending bad loans and the coverup by dems like Barney Frank. The CRA was created in Carter's term and expanded in Clinton's time. Bush tried to get it reigned in several times to no avail. There are other factors involved in the collapse but those factors wouldn't have come in to play without the underlying bad loans created by the CRA.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Transplant, unemployment is at a record low and wages have increased dramatically while they stayed stagnant under Obama. The true test of an economy is wages.

Why did the economy shitthebed in '08? Look up the origins of the CRA and the democrat push for extending bad loans and the coverup by dems like Barney Frank. The CRA was created in Carter's term and expanded in Clinton's time. Bush tried to get it reigned in several times to no avail. There are other factors involved in the collapse but those factors wouldn't have come in to play without the underlying bad loans created by the CRA.

Ahhh, the old CRA and the Dems did it canard. It won’t matter how times someone disproves it, because the story fits your bias. 

https://www.federalreserve.gov/econresdata/notes/feds-notes/2015/assessing-the-community-reinvestment-acts-role-in-the-financial-crisis-20150526.html

Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans has much control over the economy...except when they cut regulations and leave us all alone to pursue life, liberty and happiness.  Letting your standard career politician take either credit or blame is nothing more than a colossal game of tag.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TPS said:

Ahhh, the old CRA and the Dems did it canard. It won’t matter how times someone disproves it, because the story fits your bias. 

https://www.federalreserve.gov/econresdata/notes/feds-notes/2015/assessing-the-community-reinvestment-acts-role-in-the-financial-crisis-20150526.html

Did the CRA allow a shitton of loans to be made to people who were not qualified for those loans?

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Did the CRA allow a shitton of loans to be made to people who were not qualified for those loans?

And now it's happened all over again with the Student Loan 'crisis'.  Except this time it's happened to a bunch of unsuspecting kids. Shameful!

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

A much larger contributor was loose credit practices.  When you can write a bunch of loans, flip them for a quick profit to buyers such as but not limited to Fannie and Freddie who were very willing buyers who accepted a lot of mediocre credit, you create a big potential problem.  The loan buyers at the time set the market.  Without the secondary market or with a smaller and more discerning secondary market, we probably wouldn't have had as large a meltdown.  Let's not forget that suggestions of oversight during the Bush 43 years were ignored by pols.  If banks more often held loans in their own portfolios, things would not have been so loose. 

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

A much larger contributor was loose credit practices.  When you can write a bunch of loans, flip them for a quick profit to buyers such as but not limited to Fannie and Freddie who were very willing buyers who accepted a lot of mediocre credit, you create a big potential problem.  The loan buyers at the time set the market.  Without the secondary market or with a smaller and more discerning secondary market, we probably wouldn't have had as large a meltdown.  Let's not forget that suggestions of oversight during the Bush 43 years were ignored by pols.  If banks more often held loans in their own portfolios, things would not have been so loose. 

It was a big game of musical chairs, or hot potato, with each new loan holder anxious to dump this bad paper before the music stopped.  Now, we see the same thing in the student loan business, except the federal government is loan holder.  Who are they going to pass it off to?  Answer: the American taxpayer of course! (Although I do find it very interesting that the new LA Football Stadium is being called SoFi Stadium.  Someone is making boat loads of money over there.)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bill-Murray-Ok.gif

See? You can't. 

Because that's not something I do... 

But you do. Because you'd rather see the country fail than Trump succeed. 

That's a bad way to approach life, Transplant. And it's why the election is going to go differently than you're being programmed to expect.

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

A shitton were originated by mortgage finance companies many of which were bought by Wall Street banks to supply their CDO/mBS business. 

My view is there were many, many factors that contributed. You can’t pin it on one area, other than greed...

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See? You can't. 

That's a bad way to approach life, Transplant. And it's why the election is going to go differently than you're being programmed to expect.

Please direct my attention to the posts where I want the country to fail.

I can compartmentalize pretty easily.  Wanting a new President because I think Trump is terrible as a President isn't me wishing for the country to fail.  It's not even me wanting Trump to fail. 

So if you're going to point to my above post as me wishing for the country to fail.  Guess what, it's not.  It's just me pointing out the fact that Trump is failing at one of his biggest promises.

You really like to paint crap in black and white, don't you?  Man, this failing Trump Presidency must be getting to you.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See? You can't. 

The reason at this point the election might go differently than I expect is if Gabbard actually runs as a 3rd Party Candidate, which would bode very well for Trump considering he won the last election because of 3rd Party Candidates for people to vote for rather than Clinton.

Even though she claimed she wouldn't run as anything other than the Democratic nominee, she just gave up her congressional reelection in order to focus on her Presidential run as she's sitting in the back of the field, so something is up there.

So I'll give you that.  If we get Gabbard as a 3rd Party Candidate, the bet's still on, but I concede I'm much more likely to have a Trump avatar next year.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, TPS said:

A shitton were originated by mortgage finance companies many of which were bought by Wall Street banks to supply their CDO/mBS business. 

My view is there were many, many factors that contributed. You can’t pin it on one area, other than greed...

Now hold on, I've been told that:

greedisgood.jpg

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The reason at this point the election might go differently than I expect is if Gabbard actually runs as a 3rd Party Candidate, which would bode very well for Trump

Whether Tulsi goes the 3rd Party route or not, I fully expect that there will be *at least* one 3rd Party Candidate from somewhere on the Right side of the spectrum. I think that is the only way President Trump can lose. Siphon off the some of the Right with an extremist, or with a moderate Never-Trumper who promises not to use Twitter, and it comes down to the new votes he picks up with #WalkAway, #Blexit, and voters who stayed away from the polls last time. And these same groups could also end up going for someone like Tulsi instead.

I think this will be a presidential election unlike anything ever seen here before (and I think Team Trump does as well, which is why they started fortifying their monetary war chest so early). This may be the final chance for the Leftists to try and stuff the genie back into the bottle and get someone in who will kill DOJ investigations/drop charges. And if the upcoming FISA/Durham (and hopefully Huber) disclosures are rock solid, then a Leftist winds up in the White House in 2020 and tries to make it all go away, that's when this country may slide right into our 2nd revolutionary war.

Edited by Hedge

6 hours ago, TPS said:

Greed, stupidity and/or failure to scrutinize what they were buying.  The buyers set the market willingly buying high LTV deals from many mediocre credit borrowers often without scrutinizing the underlying credits.  Mortgage finance companies and banks filled that demand.  Without those loan buyers and insurers willing to write coverage at the same levels of risk, the market never gets stupid or gets a lot less stupid. 

Edited by keepthefaith

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

Whether Tulsi goes the 3rd Party route or not, I fully expect that there will be *at least* one 3rd Party Candidate from somewhere on the Right side of the spectrum. I think that is the only way President Trump can lose. Siphon off the some of the Right with an extremist, or with a moderate Never-Trumper who promises not to use Twitter, and it comes down to the new votes he picks up with #WalkAway, #Blexit, and voters who stayed away from the polls last time. And these same groups could also end up going for someone like Tulsi instead.

I think this will be a presidential election unlike anything ever seen here before (and I think Team Trump does as well, which is why they started fortifying their monetary war chest so early). This may be the final chance for the Leftists to try and stuff the genie back into the bottle and get someone in who will kill DOJ investigations/drop charges. And if the upcoming FISA/Durham (and hopefully Huber) disclosures are rock solid, then a Leftist winds up in the White House in 2020 and tries to make it all go away, that's when this country may slide right into our 2nd revolutionary war.

Billie-Joe-Armstrong-WTF.gif