The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The_Dude said:

Does anybody know the specifics of what we gained/lost by this? And can anybody with a thorough understanding of macro economics break it down for those of us not in finance and economics?

Reading is hard. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

DC Tom & DR: you should both be ashamed of yourselves. Do you steal candy from a baby and snatch the purses of little old ladies? Hit a man when he's down and jump movie theatre lines? You're asking a man barely able to remember his multiplication tables to do algebra 101. Think of what you guys have done with his psyche.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

DC Tom & DR: you should both be ashamed of yourselves. Do you steal candy from a baby and snatch the purses of little old ladies? Hit a man when he's down and jump movie theatre lines?

I'm sure they also park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces!

• Haha (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Does anybody know the specifics of what we gained/lost by this? And can anybody with a thorough understanding of macro economics break it down for those of us not in finance and economics?

First of all, there's no such thing as "a thorough understanding of macro economics".  Economics, especially macro, is a field of study and theory which is constantly evolving, and widely disputed.

Secondly, even if it were explained to you, there's a strong chance you'd deny it was economics anyhow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm sure they also park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces!

My senior year of high school, we were given an assignment to find a song that best represents us and play it for the class. That was my choice.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

My senior year of high school, we were given an assignment to find a song that best represents us and play it for the class. That was my choice.

Greatest song of all time.

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

First of all, there's no such thing as "a thorough understanding of macro economics".  Economics, especially macro, is a field of study and theory which is constantly evolving, and widely disputed.

Secondly, even if it were explained to you, there's a strong chance you'd deny it was economics anyhow.

Based on a lot of things, if I had to guess your age I'd peg you at around 30-40.

What is it that you do for a living that allows you so much time for message boarding?

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

For you it sure seems to be, since you asked for something that had already been provided. 

Excellent point. Tell me, did you find that we won the Textiles battle? I read it -- it was a little hard for me to make heads-n-tails of. What's your expert take? Did we come out better on textiles than we were with the original NAFTA deal? I mean, clearly you read it. 

Just now, DC Tom said:

My favorite line from my favorite song.  

Tom Petty?

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Based on a lot of things, if I had to guess your age I'd peg you at around 30-40.

Is one of those things the fact that I listed my approximate age on the board?

What is it that you do for a living that allows you so much time for message boarding?

I work with money.

Just now, The_Dude said:

Uh huh. If you call how you spend your work day "working."

Some people, given their track records of success, acquire positions which allow them a good deal of flexibility throughout their day, so long as they deliver on their work.

I can't imagine you understand what that looks like.

• Like (+1) 1