The Trump Economy

GG

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Business owners are people. Anyway, lots of arbitrary lawsuits could come about by gold diggers if it’s not addressed. Reasonable precautions can be taken and some will still get virus. Nothing is foolproof. No one has an innate right not to get a virus. It’s a risk anytime one is in a communal setting. 

You really want to take away the right of people to seek redress through the courts?? 

But dont pass pass gun laws, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You really want to take away the right of people to seek redress through the courts?? 

But dont pass pass gun laws, right? 

Some kind of limitation will be needed. Even though proving where someone got a virus would be difficult, too many liberal judges. That’s why New York State is such a cesspool and we pay so much for car insurance etc. maybe you sign a waiver to get a job. Anyway, if I work at your business and I get Covid 19 , was your business negligent ? Or did I not wish my hands etc. lots of people are slobs, as evidenced by the spread of this stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Some kind of limitation will be needed. Even though proving where someone got a virus would be difficult, too many liberal judges. That’s why New York State is such a cesspool and we pay so much for car insurance etc. maybe you sign a waiver to get a job. Anyway, if I work at your business and I get Covid 19 , was your business negligent ? Or did I not wish my hands etc. lots of people are slobs, as evidenced by the spread of this stuff. 

On citizens seeking redress through the courts? Seriously? On what constitutional grounds? 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

On citizens seeking redress through the courts? Seriously? On what constitutional grounds? 

We already have some limits, even in NYS. Such as the workers comp law. I think some reasonable limits are in order here. Also, no one is forced to go back to work, ever. You work on a voluntary basis. You can stay home forever if you want. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

We already have some limits, even in NYS. Such as the workers comp law. I think some reasonable limits are in order here. Also, no one is forced to go back to work, ever. You work on a voluntary basis. You can stay home forever if you want. 

But a worker can be lied to, told its safe but it's not. That's exactly the employer the GOP wants to protect 

Just now, Tiberius said:

But a worker can be lied to, told its safe but it's not. That's exactly the employer the GOP wants to protect 

Safe is the most overused term in this and it’s a lie. No one is safe from a virus. 

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

How did Trump ruin the economy? 

He personally ruined the economy by closing the economy, but not soon enough, and now has blood on his hands - being personally responsible for all the Flu Manchu Deaths - because of his slow response in shutting down the economy.

TSMC’s announcement comes at a critical juncture, when China is competing to dominate cutting-edge technology and control critical industries. The TSMC facility in Arizona will increase U.S. economic independence, bolster our safety and competitiveness, and strengthen our leadership in high-tech manufacturing. This historic deal also strengthens our relationship with Taiwan, a vibrant democracy and force for good in the world.

With TSMC’s commitment, high-tech chips will be Made in America once again—the nation where the semiconductor industry was invented. These chips will power everything from artificial intelligence to 5G base stations to F-35s.

TSMC’s investment will create thousands of highly-skilled American jobs and tens of thousands more jobs across the entire supply chain for years to come.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Neel Kashkari, the Minneapolis Fed president, said on CBS News on Thursday, “If this is a slow recovery, the way I think it is — I think we’re in this for months, a year, 18 months — there are going to be a lot of families that are going to need direct financial assistance.” He added, “I think a V–shaped recovery is off the table.”

And Republicans are sitting on their hands in the Senate as the economy burns 

• Like (+1) 1

Then we offer financial assistance to those that need it not to every pet project under the sun. Politicians on both sides are very good a burying pork in those bills.  And some of it not so buried. We need to get assistance to people who need it NOW. How do things like this help people NOW?  It doesn’t. It just delays the passing of the bill?

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/12/marijuana-banking-heroes-act-coronavirus/amp/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Then we offer financial assistance to those that need it not to every pet project under the sun. Politicians on both sides are very good a burying pork in those bills.  And some of it not so buried. We need to get assistance to people who need it NOW. How do things like this help people NOW?  It doesn’t. It just delays the passing of the bill?

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/12/marijuana-banking-heroes-act-coronavirus/amp/

Don't you know that things are going to get so bad financially for people that we need to give cash payments to illegal aliens and fundamentally change our voting procedures? Not to mention how the federal government needs to support sanctuary cities/states. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Don't you know that things are going to get so bad financially for people that we need to give cash payments to illegal aliens and fundamentally change our voting procedures? Not to mention how the federal government needs to support sanctuary cities/states. 

Not sure what your comment has to do with allowing the Cannabis industry to utilize the banking system.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Exactly and his was to do with illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities.  @3rdnlng seems to be confused.  

Who me, confused? Honest, officer I'm dyslexic and I read the speed limit sign wrong. I thought it was 05 instead of 50 like you claim.