The Trump Economy

GG

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

The economy is going to be destroyed by the end of April. 

If this lasts more than a few months, which seems likely give the curve the US is tracking along, the economy will crash. 

First the hotel, airline and restaurant industries will fail. Then autos will begin to fail as no one will be buying cars anymore. Same for real estate construction.

This is going to be a colossal disaster. No other way to put it. 

As long as it doesn't delay the NFL draft.

It'll be interesting to see if it does get bad if we just lift the curfew and tell everyone at highest risk to self quarantine.  Everybody else just get back to work and life as usual.  Hopefully it won't come to that.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The government is going to have to start shipping people money every month. 

That is going to be the only option with unemployment upwards of 15%. 

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I own multiple firearms. I have no belief that I'll have to use them.

I didn't edit anything. 

You edited the first reply 49 minutes ago.  Trudeau will make you turn your liberal card having multiple firearms.  You hope that you will not have to use them but if times get real hard and people think that you have items of value then who knows.

12 hours ago, jrober38 said:

The economy is going to be destroyed by the end of April. 

If this lasts more than a few months, which seems likely give the curve the US is tracking along, the economy will crash. 

First the hotel, airline and restaurant industries will fail. Then autos will begin to fail as no one will be buying cars anymore. Same for real estate construction.

This is going to be a colossal disaster. No other way to put it. 

while we really don't know it yet, we have a much more pressing concern than the economy. that is, the just in time (JIT) supply system.

how prepared are people to shelter in place do you think? most have what, two weeks worth of food, maybe? what happens then, they need to restock. as i have said previously, we are already seeing signs of the JIT supply system being stressed, those signs being empty shelves in the grocery stores and an inability for people to get items such as toilet paper. what is going to happen two weeks from now is that that stress is going to back up into that supply chain even further causing breakdowns in quite possibly unsuspecting ways. 

as more and more states go into complete shutdown and limit people and businesses to 'essentials' only, the JIT problem compounds. from the cornfield to the dinner table, the entire economy is interlinked. what is deemed nonessential today is going to be found to have been the missing link tomorrow. 

when people's stomachs start growling, you can be sure that they are going to act in irrational ways and do the unthinkable.

do not be fooled chaos is right around that corner.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

while we really don't know it yet, we have a much more pressing concern than the economy. that is, the just in time (JIT) supply system.

how prepared are people to shelter in place do you think? most have what, two weeks worth of food, maybe? what happens then, they need to restock. as i have said previously, we are already seeing signs of the JIT supply system being stressed, those signs being empty shelves in the grocery stores and an inability for people to get items such as toilet paper. what is going to happen two weeks from now is that that stress is going to back up into that supply chain even further causing breakdowns in quite possibly unsuspecting ways. 

as more and more states go into complete shutdown and limit people and businesses to 'essentials' only, the JIT problem compounds. from the cornfield to the dinner table, the entire economy is interlinked. what is deemed nonessential today is going to be found to have been the missing link tomorrow. 

when people's stomachs start growling, you can be sure that they are going to act in irrational ways and do the unthinkable.

do not be fooled chaos is right around that corner.

If I had to guess most people do not have two weeks equivalent of food in their homes.  The trouble is quite a bit of our food is perishable.  It can not be readied for the shelf weeks in advance.  However, that should not be an excuse to not have an extra box of rice or pasta on your shelf.  An extra box of cereal.  A half dozen cans of vegetables and a half dozen cans of soup.  

My guess as of this morning states such as NY will be in "shut down" for a couple more weeks minimum.  If some predictions of being shutdown until May 1 come true then look out.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterRob said:

If I had to guess most people do not have two weeks equivalent of food in their homes.  The trouble is quite a bit of our food is perishable.  It can not be readied for the shelf weeks in advance.  However, that should not be an excuse to not have an extra box of rice or pasta on your shelf.  An extra box of cereal.  A half dozen cans of vegetables and a half dozen cans of soup.  

My guess as of this morning states such as NY will be in "shut down" for a couple more weeks minimum.  If some predictions of being shutdown until May 1 come true then look out.

NYS does not need a lock down!  Only NYC

• Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

the old proverb comes to mind... 'may you live in interesting times'.

With respect to the Stimulus Bill

Congress—and in particular, the House of Representatives—is invested with the “power of the purse,” the ability to tax and spend public money for the national government.

Not  McConnell

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ALF said:

With respect to the Stimulus Bill

Congress—and in particular, the House of Representatives—is invested with the “power of the purse,” the ability to tax and spend public money for the national government.

Not  McConnell

I see, the Senate has no say in the matter? At present Nancy Pelosi, all by herself controls the House. Is this the hill you want to die on?

The current health scare is real time proof that while the President is working with a team of doctors and professionals to get the country back on its collective feet, the Governors and the hacks in Congress are doing everything in their powers to shut things down and starve out the citizenry.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I see, the Senate has no say in the matter? At present Nancy Pelosi, all by herself controls the House. Is this the hill you want to die on?

That's the Constitution , amend it to go around Pelosi. Elections have consequences , the House has a Democratic majority. The Senate has to negotiate with the House to find common ground that's how our system was built.

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

That's the Constitution , amend it to go around Pelosi. Elections have consequences , the House has a Democratic majority. The Senate has to negotiate with the House to find common ground that's how our system was built.

That's the attitude. Cause a lot of economic pain for the country and get slammed in the elections coming up.