Kyle Posey: Debunking the Tyrod Taylor Myth

YoloinOhio

That's a strawman argument. When people say "let's keep TT", I don't really think it means "We have found our franchise QB in TT. Look no more." You see the difference? There's nothing wrong with keeping TT and drafting a QBs within the next 2 drafts (or however long it takes). Then let there be a QB competition until one firmly shows us the goods.

Yeah- it's like you're starving, all you have is chicken... but you really want steak. So instead of eating the chicken while you keep looking for steak so you don't starve to death in the meantime, you just toss it away to keep looking for steak.

Except it's a really exclotic steak that 31 other affluent businesses are also spending a lot of time and effort trying to find, some with as much or even more urgency than you.

We want this steak, but let's eat what we can in the interim.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you answered your own question, to win more games. They didn't win enough to make the playoffs, maybe they could have with more passing when needed? And some !@#$in defense!

Maybe if we didn't fool around with concepts that don't fit our personnel in weeks 1 and 2 we'd be 9-7 instead of 7-9?

Best option:

1. Keep TT, and continue to groom Cardale since everyone has acknowledged he's a major project.

2. Keep TT, continue to groom Cardale, and draft a QB with the comfort level of knowing you don't "have to" draft a QB. Best time to get something in my opinion, is when you don't absolutely need it.

3. Let go of TT, sign/trade for a veteran FA QB, and go into the draft knowing you have to draft a QB.

In an ideal world, we go with #1 for now. We continue to see what we have in Cardale during the summer and into pre season, and by year 2 we should start to get an idea if Cardale will ever even be an option at QB. 2017 cap hit for TT would put him at #20 in the NFL for QB's, so the $$$ at the QB spot isn't hurting the team's cap.

If Cardale shows very little progress at QB this year during the summer and preseason, we focus on drafting TT's replacement next season (which appears to have a better QB class), and we do so knowing that we don't "have to" draft a QB b/c TT is still under contract and probably performing as expected.

In 2018 we go with TT, new rookie QB to groom, and continue to see if Cardale can improve. I believe TT's cap hit in 2018 would still only be 17th in the NFL, so we're not spending a lot of cap space at the QB position.

By 2019, either TT is setting the world on fire and we're content, or we can start to transition to the rookie QB we drafted in 2018.

Hopefully by 2019 we managed to make the playoffs in either 2017 or 2018 with TT at QB and an improved defense under McDermott.

IMO, that's a very reasonable and realistic scenario.

I don't think he's going to develop at all. It is possible that a different playbook could make a difference and give him better route trees to work with.

The problem with hitting receivers in stride appears to be a rock solid flaw in his game though, and I don't think that's something you just pickup in your sixth offseason or whatever it is.

Yep. Didn't work for tebow. Won't work for him.

Maybe if we didn't fool around with concepts that don't fit our personnel in weeks 1 and 2 we'd be 9-7 instead of 7-9?

And maybe if our QB threw it into the endzone once in four consecutive attempts in Seattle or didn't go three-and-out the whole fourth quarter in Oakland and Miami we would be 10-6?

Tom Brady isn't a runner. The Patriots don't run read option plays or QB rollouts very often. Russ Wilson is short and athletic, he gets rolled out very often so that he has open passing lanes and the option to run if needed. Both the Pats* and Seahawks are perennial superbowl contenders. You always design to your players strengths, not for future imaginary players.

Wilson actually plays ALOT out of the pocket but thats really not what I am talking about.

Big Boy route concepts

Rubs - need Timing

Combo routes - need timing

seams - timing and accuracy

Digs - timing and accuracy

Routes that are not in our playbook. But routes that are a stable of EVERY OC. Designed out why?

Question for those that think we can keep TT and still draft a QB.

The argument i see is we can Win with Tyrod we need to fix defense and weapons and RT.

So where are all those players coming from when you are cap strapped (after picking up the option)?

The draft, ok well where is this QB then again?

So see just settled on a flawed QB

We can win enough games to get a wilcard berth with Tyrod.

Fixing the defense and adding weapons/RT will help any potential QB, not just Tyrod.

A deal making Tyrod the 20th highest paid QB in the NFL is not the reason we'd be 'cap strapped'.

Is this Jeopardy? Did you just give the answer and then ask the question?

How is it settling if you're still actively pursuing upgrades?

The argument i see is we can Win with Tyrod we need to fix defense and weapons and RT.

So where are all those players coming from when you are cap strapped (after picking up the option)?

Nobody is settling. The options and how they will be prioritized are being decided right now by people not us in a place not here. Thats why its important to get a staff in place quickly so those evals and conversatioms can take place.

The money owed the QB position would still be bottom 3rd in the NFL unless they keep TT and still trade for a vet which then would be flawed thinking IMO

Keeping TT and drafting a QB, not saying at 10, would be the best option IMO

Serious answer: Development begins when you commence practicing what you have learned and not before. Would you want a surgeon operating on you with no practical experience.

Well since your analogy compares apples with apples, I guess I have to agree.

As opposed to?

We can win enough games to get a wilcard berth with Tyrod.

Fixing the defense and adding weapons/RT will help any potential QB, not just Tyrod.

A deal making Tyrod the 20th highest paid QB in the NFL is not the reason we'd be 'cap strapped'.

Is this Jeopardy? Did you just give the answer and then ask the question?

How is it settling if you're still actively pursuing upgrades?

So not one answer I see.

Let me ask this.

You just picked up Taylors option. Then you good if Bills take a QB at 10 or trade up for one?

Wilson actually plays ALOT out of the pocket but thats really not what I am talking about.

Big Boy route concepts

Rubs - need Timing

Combo routes - need timing

seams - timing and accuracy

Digs - timing and accuracy

Routes that are not in our playbook. But routes that are a stable of EVERY OC. Designed out why?

And...

Rubs - Need chemistry (same receiver week in week out)

Combo Routes - need to get to the line early enough to evaluate the coverage

seams - Again need to get to the line early enough to evaluate coverage

As opposed to?

Just trying to prove a point that history shows that the Bills will NOT draft QBs after option is picked up.

Guess i am failing at showing that.

Again i have said I think TT is flawed and should be moved on from but i will be with Bills picking his iption up if they draft a QB in round 1 or Two.

Best option:

1. Keep TT, and continue to groom Cardale since everyone has acknowledged he's a major project.

2. Keep TT, continue to groom Cardale, and draft a QB with the comfort level of knowing you don't "have to" draft a QB. Best time to get something in my opinion, is when you don't absolutely need it.

3. Let go of TT, sign/trade for a veteran FA QB, and go into the draft knowing you have to draft a QB.

In an ideal world, we go with #1 for now. We continue to see what we have in Cardale during the summer and into pre season, and by year 2 we should start to get an idea if Cardale will ever even be an option at QB. 2017 cap hit for TT would put him at #20 in the NFL for QB's, so the $$$ at the QB spot isn't hurting the team's cap.

If Cardale shows very little progress at QB this year during the summer and preseason, we focus on drafting TT's replacement next season (which appears to have a better QB class), and we do so knowing that we don't "have to" draft a QB b/c TT is still under contract and probably performing as expected.

In 2018 we go with TT, new rookie QB to groom, and continue to see if Cardale can improve. I believe TT's cap hit in 2018 would still only be 17th in the NFL, so we're not spending a lot of cap space at the QB position.

By 2019, either TT is setting the world on fire and we're content, or we can start to transition to the rookie QB we drafted in 2018.

Hopefully by 2019 we managed to make the playoffs in either 2017 or 2018 with TT at QB and an improved defense under McDermott.

IMO, that's a very reasonable and realistic scenario.

nah, too reasonable bub

And...

Rubs - Need chemistry (same receiver week in week out)

Combo Routes - need to get to the line early enough to evaluate the coverage

seams - Again need to get to the line early enough to evaluate coverage

And so Why did Lynn take them out?

Also rubs do not need "chemistry" get the ball out on time and it doesnt matter who your WR is.

Yes may lead to INT, may lead to INC, but thats not on the QB all the time if he is on time and WR is on time it is complete (as long as accurate and WR doesnt drop)

At 10 yes, if the FO is sold on the prospect. Trade up, no.

Why no, if they ifentified a franchise QB then why no trade up? Edited by MAJBobby

Just trying to prove a point that history shows that the Bills will NOT draft QBs after option is picked up.

Guess i am failing at showing that.

Again i have said I think TT is flawed and should be moved on from but i will be with Bills picking his iption up if they draft a QB in round 1 or Two.

wtf does history have to do with it. This year is all that matters! Now, the future. !@#$ history!

Lol. No seriously. I want to hear why the scenario i proposed is NOT reasonable.

i like it all actually