IF Whaley Drafts a QB:Kizer vs Watson vs Trubisky vs Mahomes

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I was more offended by him quoting Walter Football.

Relax guy I was rushing.

Quick personal anecdote:

I worked for a local ARC which works with developmentally disabled adults. "The R Word" was worse than the f word or any other curse. I still cringe when I see it expecting people to come out of the woodwork to shout someone down.

:lol: I used to love Walter Football. Then I realized he has no idea what he is talking about. He is no better than a poster here. I cringe all the time when people parrot them. On top of it all he hates the Bills and every move they make.

Relax guy you know damn well I meant no harm. Ive done enough community service for Acorn to never consciously offend anyone who is mentally challenged. If I offended anyone, well that was not my intention.

Thanks for this. Very different from what I've seen. I've read that Trubisky is the clear cut favorite.

I feel like I never really hear Kizer's name this year.

It sucks having so many question marks at such a major position. There's no "answer"

Of the 4 QBs, yes. If Josh Allen comes out then it's probably him then Trubisky. In any event, all of these QBs are projects. One or two will probably go top10, but none probably should.

Which of them has been calling plays in the huddle, running a pro style offense, taking snaps under center? Those things come up every year. Of last years bunch, Goff didn't call plays or take snaps from center so he had a bigger learning curve and it showed. I'm not calling Goff a bust by any means, I think he's smart enough to continue to progress but it would help if a guy had that already to go with the physical skills.

Trubisky reminds me of Bortles. Which one will you get though, the 2015 version or 2016? Good athleticism, accurate, but only a one year starter. Pro Style offense is a plus.

Kizer can make every throw, cannon arm, is clutch, but he locks in on WR's at times. He will also miss(not see) wide open guys running down the field. Field vision scares me, but has all the talent in the world. Spread O under Kelly.

Watson reminds me of Vince Young, only a shade shorter and 30lbs lighter. Mostly Spread O.

Mahomes is Tyrod II, actually watch him play. A lot of things he got away with in college he WILL NOT get away with in the NFL. Spread offense in college. May be decent, like Tyrod, but nothing special.

Pat Mahomes in the 2nd.

4. Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech. Valuations on Mahomes vary from Top 50 pick to undrafted free agent. While his size (6' 3", 230 pounds) and arm strength are enticing, scouts wonder if he’s just a product of Tech’s system. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy doesn’t think so. Here’s Gundy, earlier this month: “I think [Mahomes] is a potential first-round pick. He reminds me a lot of Dak Prescott, when we played Dak and Mississippi State when he was younger. The style of play, body, strength, speed, ability to throw in different positions, it reminds me a lot of him.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/25/nfl-2017-draft-sleepers-fastest-risers-next-dak-prescott-mitch-trubisky-nathan-peterman

Bucky Brooks Verified account @BuckyBrooks

Nice back-shoulder throw by Watson.

Andre Reed @Andre_Reed83 4m4 minutes ago

@BuckyBrooks What do you see DeSaun Watsons pro potential upside is?

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 3m3 minutes ago

Bucky Brooks Retweeted Andre Reed

He's a really good player. I don't know if he can carry a pro team on his back, but he can win with a strong supporting cast..

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 3m3 minutes ago

Bucky Brooks Retweeted Andre Reed

He normally plays well in big games, so I don't think the NFL will be too big for him. He just needs to go to the right team/scheme

Sounds like TT no?

Pat Mahomes in the 2nd.

4. Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech. Valuations on Mahomes vary from Top 50 pick to undrafted free agent. While his size (6' 3", 230 pounds) and arm strength are enticing, scouts wonder if he’s just a product of Tech’s system. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy doesn’t think so. Here’s Gundy, earlier this month: “I think [Mahomes] is a potential first-round pick. He reminds me a lot of Dak Prescott, when we played Dak and Mississippi State when he was younger. The style of play, body, strength, speed, ability to throw in different positions, it reminds me a lot of him.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/25/nfl-2017-draft-sleepers-fastest-risers-next-dak-prescott-mitch-trubisky-nathan-peterman

Peterman is smart and tall - moves well. Would be worth a look.

If Whaley trades up to number 2 he should be fired. Well I guess it depends on what he gives up for it. But, it will probably cost too much.

Trade down instead of up.

If Mahomes is there, later in round one or two, then take him.

Who in their right mind would grade Kizer as a round one pick? Kizer is not NFL caliber. Skip on him. And I am a ND fan.

If Whaley trades up to number 2 he should be fired. Well I guess it depends on what he gives up for it. But, it will probably cost too much.

Trade down instead of up.

If Mahomes is there, later in round one or two, then take him.

Who in their right mind would grade Kizer as a round one pick? Kizer is not NFL caliber. Skip on him. And I am a ND fan.

Yeah, I don't want to spend a high 1st round pick on any of these QB's. Mahomes makes me feel good in the second as a good value where you have a decent chance to hit without spending a king's ransom.

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 1m1 minute ago

Credit Watson for using all of his weapons. He drives a "Cadillac" offense, but he uses all of the accessories.Something to be said for that

@BuckyBrooks Trubisky #1?

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 1m1 minute ago

Bucky Brooks Retweeted Heel Athletics

I don't know if it's a slam dunk, but there's plenty of buzz around him and his potential