Just a crazy thought about a rebuilt

1st&ten

With all this negative press lately, I got thinking today if the Bills did clean house, how long would it be before the local press turned on them ? Would they be patient ? Who would be the new whipping boys---the owners maybe ???

for the most part the press is their own worst enemy. this has shown true in all sorts of events the media has had not just in the sports world but nationally (internationally too)

journalism is mostly dead. op-eds are the only thing to do because its a click bait world. timmay and sully make more money for the buffalo news than you can imagine because we know their every word and B word about their takes. but tim graham doesn't care because he gets paid so damn well. and sully is just pathetic. its worse outside of sports and it goes back much further than the recent elections. fake news and hysteria drive the media industry and sheeple who live in this country soak it up so fast that it is pathetic. it's a real shame that people forget what theodore roosevelt once said "the press is..." oh wiat, kim kardashian just posted a selfie with a cool quote from whiz khalifia.

when you can make money being a dick make money being a dick. make your hay while the sun shines.

You'll see nothing but love from the media the day Pegs finally starts throwing Ralph's trash to the curb.

After that, media reaction will depend on what the team does on the field, but the team will be given more slack than what they are getting today.

With all this negative press lately, I got thinking today if the Bills did clean house, how long would it be before the local press turned on them ? Would they be patient ? Who would be the new whipping boys---the owners maybe ???

the way people talk around here it's as if the buffalo news is william randolph hearst and the bills are orson welles.

OBD wouldn't give two ***** what the press thinks or how patient they are whether they build or not.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

OBD wouldn't give two ***** what the press thinks or how patient they are whether they build or not.

did you see peg's introductory meeting with the buffalo news editorial staff when he bought the sabres? he clearly cares what the press thinks.

did you see peg's introductory meeting with the buffalo news editorial staff when he bought the sabres? he clearly cares what the press thinks.

The people he empowers to run his two major league franchises clearly don't give a **** and they shouldn't.

The people he empowers to run his two major league franchises clearly don't give a **** and they shouldn't.

i have no idea whether or not that's true. maybe you have insight into those people, but i don't.

i only know that pegs feels the media contributed to the sabre's woes because he was videotaped saying it. i can't be sure, but i assume this led to his reluctance in making moves (firing darcy) that were obvious to everyone else. he felt it was some sort of media witch hunt against his boy (again, my assumption), rather than an accurate assessment of darcy's performance.

so, i'm not buying that the owner doesn't care about the media because he clearly does. i think he's antagonistic towards them and views them as a negative influence on his teams. as such, it wouldn't surprise me if this feeling has filtered down to others in the organization.

The "media" wouldn't change their tune. They have zero interest in the success of the Bills. Their business is centered around saying ridiculous stuff that energizes some dims and makes a bunch of other people readlisten/watch them going "These guys are idiots!"

Their job is to get attention. It's much easier to throw a bunch of BS out there to get attention then do informed critiques.

This. I wish i could work at OBD to give a !@#$ less what the media says and troll them hard with comebacks on twitrer when they take potshots at us. Kinda like the Wendys twitter. Give me a chance OBD!! Im a battle rapper I am great at snarky yet professional comebacks packed with logic!

Don't hate the playaz b!itches! Hate the game!

:lol: :lol: still laughin at your spikey cooter :lol:

Edited by Marty McFly

I wish they wouldn't. Let them call press conferences and not show up, instruct security staff to require them thru extra measures like Gregg did in New Orleans and treat the the opposition press. If I owned Bills I'd put pressure on your big partners to not put adds in Sports Section.

i have no idea whether or not that's true. maybe you have insight into those people, but i don't.

i only know that pegs feels the media contributed to the sabre's woes because he was videotaped saying it. i can't be sure, but i assume this led to his reluctance in making moves (firing darcy) that were obvious to everyone else. he felt it was some sort of media witch hunt against his boy (again, my assumption), rather than an accurate assessment of darcy's performance.

so, i'm not buying that the owner doesn't care about the media because he clearly does. i think he's antagonistic towards them and views them as a negative influence on his teams. as such, it wouldn't surprise me if this feeling has filtered down to others in the organization.

The only reason an owner would begin to care about the media is if they diminish earnings. No one is spending less on the Bills because of TBN. There's zero chance the Pegulas care if Graham and Sullivan like the GM.

Yeah but I think alot has changed since them. I'd be very shocked if Peg's doesn't feel he's been criticized unfairly by the media and isn't going to go out of his way at all to help them or conversely make any decisions to appease them. Look at the DW press conference. He basically told them nothing, yeah he and the Bills were ripped for it, but they don't care. Sully kept pounding Pegs "At least Ralph would face the media and not hide like Pegula did" Well kind of hard to make that point when 4 hours later Pegula does a 1 on 1 interview with AP.

The only reason an owner would begin to care about the media is if they diminish earnings. No one is spending less on the Bills because of TBN. There's zero chance the Pegulas care if Graham and Sullivan like the GM.

i've already provided evidence that he does care about the media. if you need more evidence, refer to that ridiculous media policy the bills implemented this year. i think it's pretty clear that they really dislike the press and spend considerable time thinking about way to limit access. i wouldn't be surprised if pegs hate-reads timmy and sully on the reg.

i've already provided evidence that he does care about the media. if you need more evidence, refer to that ridiculous media policy the bills implemented this year. i think it's pretty clear that they really dislike the press and spend considerable time thinking about way to limit access. i wouldn't be surprised if pegs hate-reads timmy and sully on the reg.

That policy had nothing to do with any potential influence of the local media.