Your the GM

PatsFanNH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pick up Tyrods option, I instead tag him if I can, In the hopes cardale subplants him so I save gurenteed money.

Sign Gilmore if I can get him close to 10-12 per

Draft best WR safety OL in rds 1,2, 3

Best QB/rb avail 4,5

Also find if some underperformers can offer some cap...

Try to keep Tate, gilly & let coaching hire determine fit of Lorax

Or autoincorrected, as the case may be.

should there be a hyphen in the somewhere?

Haha. Yep. I'm appointing Bandit and Blokes as my co Directors of Player Personnel and then I'll leave them to it and take a holiday until draft day ;).

well, and oh my. someone has clouded your vision.

Both are just yes men. Although i do agree on Holiday. can always tidy up afterwards

Edited by 3rdand12

I don't pick up Tyrods option, I instead tag him if I can, In the hopes cardale subplants him so I save gurenteed money.

Sign Gilmore if I can get him close to 10-12 per

Draft best WR safety OL in rds 1,2, 3

Best QB/rb avail 4,5

Also find if some underperformers can offer some cap...

Try to keep Tate, gilly & let coaching hire determine fit of Lorax

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can cut a player (eg refuse to pick up option) and then tag him. Nor can you tag a player who is under contract because it saves you $$ over the contract terms.

Gilmore has made it clear he thinks he is worth top-5 money. He is not going to sign for $10-12 which puts him in the 8-11 range, unless he tests his worth on the open market first.

I must have either seen the wrong number or went down a line when reading lol. So make it $34 million.. and I was keeping TT

My bad I forgot put the ' in and it auto corrected..

Know needed two apalogize, we new wat yuu ment. Sum peepl hav ther un der wear in a bunsh.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can cut a player (eg refuse to pick up option) and then tag him. Nor can you tag a player who is under contract because it saves you $$ over the contract terms.

Gilmore has made it clear he thinks he is worth top-5 money. He is not going to sign for $10-12 which puts him in the 8-11 range, unless he tests his worth on the open market first.

Right. I'm placing my value on Gilmore. If someone pays top 5 money, hope you get top 5 play. It's possible but I'm not sure enough to pay at that next tier. Especially if I play a Zone scheme

If the contract option isn't picked up, can they teriminate the contract while they still maintain the rights to tag him?

I could see why that might be plausible, unless it's not. Just asking the question...

YOU'RE

YOU'RE

YOU'RE

Your wrung, he onlee maid thu miss taik wonce.yuu courekted hem tree tims. U kan putt thu redd krayon u uway mR. Teechur.

It's pretty easy to tell when auto correct takes over,jeez.

Edited by Dopey

Here are some important positions that need addressed: QB (assuming no Taylor), QB2, CB1, S1, S2, RT, WR2, WR3, RB2, ILB, OLB & FB. That's pretty stunning.

WR1b - no guarantee WR1 will be healthy enough to play + kickers.

Who can we blame for allowing all these free agents to hit the market concurrently? I have my torch and pitchfork ready.....

They are that way because many were signed on 1 year contract like Lorax and Zach because players who were supposed to play were injured. Some like Lorax may want to sign elsewhere since there is no guarantee new coaching staff will use them as well or as much. Yes some players WERE used well and may not want to sign again without Rex.

If I was the GM, I' be a little pr!ck with a Napoleonic Complex that runs a mile wide. I would leak dirt on my head coach to the media, and generally undermine those in the organization that I could not get along with. And I would snort a dimebag of coke before my end-of-season press conference, and just come across as an incompetent jackass.

Edited by RussellDopeland

Right. I'm placing my value on Gilmore. If someone pays top 5 money, hope you get top 5 play. It's possible but I'm not sure enough to pay at that next tier. Especially if I play a Zone scheme

If the contract option isn't picked up, can they teriminate the contract while they still maintain the rights to tag him?

I could see why that might be plausible, unless it's not. Just asking the question...

Fair to place a value on the guy, you just need to tag it as a hole to fill in FA or draft 'cuz he probably won't sign for that and someone will pay him

I think it is looked at, either a guy is under contract or he isn't. If he is, then you have a contract, thus tagging doesn't apply. We still have a contract with Tyrod if we don't pick up his option (it just becomes highly undesirable). If you have a contract but you release the player, you can't turn around and tag him.

If I was the GM, I' be a little pr!ck with a Napoleonic Complex that runs a mile wide. I would leak dirt on my head coach to the media, and generally undermine those in the organization that I could not get along with. And I would snort a dimebag of coke before my end-of-season press conference, and just come across as an incompetent jackass.

Oh, don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

My first move would be to bring back Tyrod and retain TD Mike. I would then re-sign or franchise Gilmore because I believe he will improve with a new coach and new scheme. I would let Zach Brown and Robert Woods walk. Bring back Lorenzo Alexander for cheap and then go after Alshon Jeffery in free agency, if he costs too much I would look at a cheaper option like Kendall Wright from Tennessee or maybe a guy like Terrance Williams from Dallas. With the rest of the cap space I would spend it on lower tier defensive depth players for our new 4-3 scheme.

With the number #10 pick in the draft I would draft a safety like Jamal Adams from LSU, Malik Hooker from OSU or Jabrill Pepper from Michigan. The rest of the draft I would build from the inside out by targeting offensive and defensive lineman. Take a late flier on Chad Kelly and continue to develop Cardale Jones. If the team was healthy next year I believe we would be in the playoffs..

Edited by End The Drought

But you are so you just do it before you post?

Both are using $168M. OTC isn't adding the carryover in their 2017 numbers yet. Spotrac is. The Bills are carrying over $5M. That's the difference.

This makes sense. Thanks! So that's how Whaley got to $30+M.

Now the question is how did he get to $10M

My first move would be to bring back Tyrod and retain TD Mike. I would then re-sign or franchise Gilmore because I believe he will improve with a new coach and new scheme. I would let Zach Brown and Robert Woods walk. Bring back Lorenzo Alexander for cheap and then go after Alshon Jeffery in free agency, if he costs too much I would look at a cheaper option like Kendall Wright from Tennessee or maybe a guy like Terrance Williams from Dallas. With the rest of the cap space I would spend it on lower tier defensive depth players for our new 4-3 scheme.

With the number #10 pick in the draft I would draft a safety like Jamal Adams from LSU, Malik Hooker from OSU or Jabrill Pepper from Michigan. The rest of the draft I would build from the inside out by targeting offensive and defensive lineman. Take a late flier on Chad Kelly and continue to develop Cardale Jones. If the team was healthy next year I believe we would be in the playoffs..

No to Chad Kelly.

Your right. Cant cut Tyrod then tag him. Against the CBA. Edited by TANK2