Your the GM

PatsFanNH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanna truly fix this....you need to back that up one pg and say "If you are the OWNER"

If you are the owner.....you either fire your GM or empower him.....then tell other "certain" staff that think they are football people to go get you and WHales some coffee

Then....you either spend some quality time with your wife while Whales is doing his job or you sit (silently) in the interviews whille he is conducting HIS search for YOUR Head Coach

Then when he has his final list you offer any input you might have (which should not be much because you are a new football owner)

And then you let your GM pick his guy...which his reputation and job will be riding on because it was HIS decision.

Now we slide down to the GM.....

If you are the GM and you have your HC now.....his HC reports to you but he has HIS guys at OC and DC....and trickle down effect and trickle down effect

THEN you start looking at players......

If I'm the owner, I fire the GM and make my own calls.

I tag Gilmore, package him with a pick to trade for Romo. Take a QB at 10. BPA the draft after that. Bring in Leo if he's cut.

Make Wade the highest paid DC in NFL history. Promote Lynn. And we're going.

Edited by FireChan

Why do I only have $23 million in cap? we have close to $34 million with Tyrod back.

Is it 34 mill with him back? Whaley said 10-30 mill when that issue came up at his glorious press conference. I would assume that 10 if they keep tyrod, 30 if they dont. Not being argumentative just not sure your numbers are right.

If I'm the owner, I fire the GM and make my own calls.

I tag Gilmore, package him with a pick to trade for Romo. Take a QB at 10. BPA the draft after that. Bring in Leo if he's cut.

Make Wade the highest paid DC in NFL history. Promote Lynn. And we're going.

Your the owner and your making your own calls. Your also tagging Gilmore and trading him. And the cap ramifcations are? And is it Gilmore straight up for Romo which I dont see Dallas doing? Is the owner picking the next coach cause he failed miserably with Rex? Just wondering? Edited by TANK2

Is it 34 mill with him back? Whaley said 10-30 mill when that issue came up at his glorious press conference. I would assume that 10 if they keep tyrod, 30 if they dont. Not being argumentative just not sure your numbers are right.

I think the $10m mark is accounting for re-signing Gilmore, Z Brown etc. The figure if they strike deals with in-house FAs.

I've seen anywhere between $26-32m as it stands, all accounting for Tyrod staying.

I think I am on the Goodwin train

Cut Taylor

let Gilmore walk

let woods walk

Resign zack brown if I am moving to a 4/3

Sign

Tony Jefferson ss

Chris Conte fs I know he his play has been up and down during his career but I would take a shot

sign Kenny Britt.

Sign Mike Glennon , Goodwin likes to throw it downfield .

Draft

1 Best corner on the board (Humphrey )

2 I like Vita here but if he is gone give me Charlton

3 Mahomes qb my qb draft throw for the year

I think I can find a useful receiver and running back in the 5th

I think the $10m mark is accounting for re-signing Gilmore, Z Brown etc. The figure if they strike deals with in-house FAs.

I've seen anywhere between $26-32m as it stands, all accounting for Tyrod staying.

Ok. Well Im keeping Tyrod. Picking Defense in rd 1 and 2. Also try to find some reasonably priced defensive free agents. Maybe guys who are a little older who arent quite as expensive as a marQuee FA. Really hard question to answer. If Bills dont keep Tyrod unload everyone you can and shoot for #1 overall in 2018. Tank 2 baby.

Your the owner and your making your own calls. Your also tagging Gilmore and trading him. And the cap ramifcations are? And is it Gilmore straight up for Romo which I dont see Dallas doing? Is the owner picking the next coach cause he failed miserably with Rex? Just wondering?

It fits under the cap. Gilmore is packaged with a pick, maybe a 2018 second or first, for Romo, like I said. I'm the owner, not Pegula who blew it with Rex along with Doug "the sycophant" Whaley. I would never do something so stupid like hire Rex.

TT is gone or kept and traded.

Edited by FireChan

It fits under the cap. Gilmore is packaged with a pick, maybe a 2018 second or first, for Romo, like I said. I'm the owner, not Pegula who blew it with Rex along with Doug "the sycophant" Whaley. I would never do something so stupid like hire Rex.

TT is gone or kept and traded.

although I am not 100 percent sure I don't think trading Romo is realistic for the Cowboy do the effect it has on their cap

You have 23 million cap space, who do you go after in FA and who do you resign of your own FA?

Also who is your #10 overall pick.

If I was GM I would try keep Woods as I believe the O is in good shape with weapons and I don't want have to use a draft pick on another WR. I would let Gilmore walk and I would try sign Prince Amukamara to a 2 year deal. He has potential and probably be cheaper than Gilmore. I would also target Claiborne from Dallas.

In the draft I would grab Jonathan Allen if he fell to the Bills or if he wasn't available try trade down to the mid teens and get Malik McDowell from Michigan State. In the second I get a QB like Pat Mahoney from Texas tech.

I'm with you on Patrick Mahomes late 1st/early 2nd. This is who the Bills should be targeting at QB. We might need to trade up in the second to make sure we grab him.

Looks like he could be this year's Carr or Prescott.

#1- find a DC who runs a 4-3, otherwise Dareus is a complete waste of money.

#2 - renegotiate or bite the bullet and exercise TT's option.

#3 - trade down, then draft an OT in first round. mills is a trainwreck.

#4- let Gilmore walk. he is an unwilling tackler.

#5 - let EJ, percy, bush, mills, spikes walk.

#6 - try to sign woods, lorax, Bryant, Zach brown

#7 - add a CB, FS, SS, WR, run stuffing DT through F/A or draft

You have 23 million cap space, who do you go after in FA and who do you resign of your own FA?

Also who is your #10 overall pick.

If I was GM I would try keep Woods as I believe the O is in good shape with weapons and I don't want have to use a draft pick on another WR. I would let Gilmore walk and I would try sign Prince Amukamara to a 2 year deal. He has potential and probably be cheaper than Gilmore. I would also target Claiborne from Dallas.

In the draft I would grab Jonathan Allen if he fell to the Bills or if he wasn't available try trade down to the mid teens and get Malik McDowell from Michigan State. In the second I get a QB like Pat Mahoney from Texas tech.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2017/

The Bills should have approximately $44.6M in cap space if Taylor is not retained and $31.6M if he is. That might seem like a lot, but there's much work to be done. There's only 37 players under contract and there are a lot of major holes. Here's the FA list:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/buffalo-bills/

Here are some important positions that need addressed: QB (assuming no Taylor), QB2, CB1, S1, S2, RT, WR2, WR3, RB2, ILB, OLB & FB. That's pretty stunning.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2017/

The Bills should have approximately $44.6M in cap space if Taylor is not retained and $31.6M if he is. That might seem like a lot, but there's much work to be done. There's only 37 players under contract and there are a lot of major holes. Here's the FA list:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/buffalo-bills/

Here are some important positions that need addressed: QB (assuming no Taylor), QB2, CB1, S1, S2, RT, WR2, WR3, RB2, ILB, OLB & FB. That's pretty stunning.

Who can we blame for allowing all these free agents to hit the market concurrently? I have my torch and pitchfork ready.....