The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

We are not in Iraq as we needed to be because of domestic politics and a hostile media, and had we seen our efforts through, not only would Iraq be grinding it's way along towards being a quasi-western Muslim democracy, but more importantly it would have been the foundation upon which a reformation of Islam could have been built. The primary reason it is not, is because we did not stay the course.

Our presence there is diminished to the point of ISIS emerging as a freaking nation state.

Hey, I'm with you as I said. I was fully in support of going into Iraq and expected (hoped for) that outcome.

My point in saying we're still in Iraq was in response to GG trying to hold Iraq up as an example today of a country that's possibly on it's way to being a success story despite our moving forces out. It's a poor example.

Hey, I'm with you as I said. I was fully in support of going into Iraq and expected (hoped for) that outcome.

My point in saying we're still in Iraq was in response to GG trying to hold Iraq up as an example today of a country that's possibly on it's way to being a success story despite our moving forces out. It's a poor example.

How in the world is it a poor example? TYTT ate in total agreement on this one. The US presence is a token one, so you win on technicality but not on substance.

Of course it hasn't been the same. That's the whole point.

The reason it hasn't been the same is because we saw the end through in regards to Germany and Japan, and did not with Iraq.

That's absolutely fascinating.

Oh sure, now give Meathead proof that you are a DC Tom disciple. That's all he needs to write more novels here opining that he is not only right, but all the rest of us (other than Tiberius) march lock-step with Tom because he is our leader. And, we are all mean because Tom is a prick and has taught us to be so.

Is it bad that I tend to agree with DC Tom on most things?? I know I am new here but it seems like most see this is a bad thing or maybe just how I have perceived it

If you discount Meathead's and Tiberius's rantings you'll see that most here actually agree with Tom. That doesn't mean he isn't our resident prick though.

Oh sure, now give Meathead proof that you are a DC Tom disciple. That's all he needs to write more novels here opining that he is not only right, but all the rest of us (other than Tiberius) march lock-step with Tom because he is our leader. And, we are all mean because Tom is a prick and has taught us to be so.

What's that dope saying now? I have him on ignore, and only occasionally manually open his posts when people quote parts of an argument he's making often enough in a thread, and I want to participate in a conversation with them.

When he staked out the hill he wanted to die on when he first began posting here I took him aside in PMs to tell him that his posting style was going to get him first crucified, and then disregarded; but since he looked like he genuinely wanted to participate, he should consider conversing rather than demagoging, and offering evidence rather than fiat declarations.

He declined, so I have no use for him.

If you discount Meathead's and Tiberius's rantings you'll see that most here actually agree with Tom. That doesn't mean he isn't our resident prick though.

Ok I am not crazy then, or maybe I am a prick too? :lol:

What's that dope saying now? I have him on ignore, and only occasionally manually open his posts when people quote parts of an argument he's making often enough in a thread, and I want to participate in a conversation with them.

When he staked out the hill he wanted to die on when he first began posting here I took him aside in PMs to tell him that his posting style was going to get him first crucified, and then disregarded; but since he looked like he genuinely wanted to participate, he should consider conversing rather than demagoging, and offering evidence rather than fiat declarations.

Here's a couple of his recent posts:

lmao. thanks for reinforcing my point, tom

change. you can do it. even at your age. if you want to

and stop being threatened by me. being king of this hill here is a pathetic position to want to hold onto. i dont want your spot, i just want you to stop training these sheep to be dicks

Edited by Meathead, Yesterday, 11:18 PM.

yeah right. its as plain as the bulbous foam nose on your face. and my wager is always on the table any time youre ready to give a thousand bucks to charity

just to demonstrate how flimsy your objection here is, lets talk about how many documents ive written. i ran a four million dollar consulting division and to keep my sr mgrs billing as much as possible i did all of the proposals. do you have any idea how many proposals you have to do to support a four million dollar consulting business? granted, a lot of that was boiler plate, but who do you think wrote the boiler plate? who do you think customized the boiler plate for each proposal? and thats just proposals, it doesnt take into account all the other documents i had to crank out all the freaking time

do we really have to sit here and quibble over an exact number? it was a freaking ton. who here has the problem to begin with anyway? and if youre not threatened by me why do you have to question me on stupid stuff like this? if im nothing and youre the better man than you could just let me tell whatever lies i wanted to. after all that would make me pretty pathetic. why would you have to call me out at all?

its bc you have an obvious self esteem problem. you see yourself as king of this hill and when someone comes in who is obviously capable your self-confidence is so low that have to try to knock them down. i can tell youve been doing this a while here since the underlings are so much like you now that there has been a pattern established. you unilaterally declare someone unworthy and they are parroting your words exactly. its not just me its how you all treat tiberius and whats that other guys name i cant remember, but you all speak in one stupid voice about it. that doesnt happen by accident, i happens bc someone like you becomes the standard bearer and influences the weaker minds to form the mob behind you singing in unison

its pathetic dude

go buy a book on reinventing yourself and throw yourself into it. youre not all bad but youre kind of a dick right now. you can change that if you apply yourself. it sucks that you waste your intellect training these guys to be dicks when you could be putting that mind to good productive use. and youd be a better person for it

and for gods sake, stop calling me a liar if you have nothing to back it up. im not a liar and i would love the chance to take your money from you. in fact, if you dont have the money i will prove you wrong for free just to show you how fkg pathetic youre being about this and how you are negatively affecting others who look up to you. try to be a force for good instead of a force for asshollery. theres nothing stopping you but you, well the dickish you. it doesnt have to be that way

Edited by Meathead, Yesterday, 11:50 PM.

As far as Japan and Germany post WW II, did the Germans or Japanese resist? Did they plant IEDs for our troop's to run over, or stage insurgent attacks against our troops?

I'm asking because I don't know.

As far as Germany goes, we only had to occupy 1/4th if the country while Russia, Great Britain and France occupied the rest.

The situation of one country attacking another country unprovoked and takes over with 100,000+ occupying troops is quite a bit different than when 2 countries try take over the world (pre curssors to Pinky and the Brain) and are stopped and surender IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

Here's a couple of his recent posts:

lmao. thanks for reinforcing my point, tom

change. you can do it. even at your age. if you want to

and stop being threatened by me. being king of this hill here is a pathetic position to want to hold onto. i dont want your spot, i just want you to stop training these sheep to be dicks

Edited by Meathead, Yesterday, 11:18 PM.

yeah right. its as plain as the bulbous foam nose on your face. and my wager is always on the table any time youre ready to give a thousand bucks to charity

just to demonstrate how flimsy your objection here is, lets talk about how many documents ive written. i ran a four million dollar consulting division and to keep my sr mgrs billing as much as possible i did all of the proposals. do you have any idea how many proposals you have to do to support a four million dollar consulting business? granted, a lot of that was boiler plate, but who do you think wrote the boiler plate? who do you think customized the boiler plate for each proposal? and thats just proposals, it doesnt take into account all the other documents i had to crank out all the freaking time

do we really have to sit here and quibble over an exact number? it was a freaking ton. who here has the problem to begin with anyway? and if youre not threatened by me why do you have to question me on stupid stuff like this? if im nothing and youre the better man than you could just let me tell whatever lies i wanted to. after all that would make me pretty pathetic. why would you have to call me out at all?

its bc you have an obvious self esteem problem. you see yourself as king of this hill and when someone comes in who is obviously capable your self-confidence is so low that have to try to knock them down. i can tell youve been doing this a while here since the underlings are so much like you now that there has been a pattern established. you unilaterally declare someone unworthy and they are parroting your words exactly. its not just me its how you all treat tiberius and whats that other guys name i cant remember, but you all speak in one stupid voice about it. that doesnt happen by accident, i happens bc someone like you becomes the standard bearer and influences the weaker minds to form the mob behind you singing in unison

its pathetic dude

go buy a book on reinventing yourself and throw yourself into it. youre not all bad but youre kind of a dick right now. you can change that if you apply yourself. it sucks that you waste your intellect training these guys to be dicks when you could be putting that mind to good productive use. and youd be a better person for it

and for gods sake, stop calling me a liar if you have nothing to back it up. im not a liar and i would love the chance to take your money from you. in fact, if you dont have the money i will prove you wrong for free just to show you how fkg pathetic youre being about this and how you are negatively affecting others who look up to you. try to be a force for good instead of a force for asshollery. theres nothing stopping you but you, well the dickish you. it doesnt have to be that way

Edited by Meathead, Yesterday, 11:50 PM.

Wow, just wow

So if someone agrees with Tom its because we are weak minded? And being a dick to the other side of an argument is not unique to Tom, go read the comments section on any political article. This board is actually fairly civil and allows good debate imo from what I have read

Is it bad that I tend to agree with DC Tom on most things?? I know I am new here but it seems like most see this is a bad thing or maybe just how I have perceived it

Probably.

If only because 80% of my posts are abusing people. But if you agree with the other 20%, you're probably okay - not in horrible shape at least.

He's being a !@#$ing idiot, is all. Claims to have written "hundreds if not thousands" of "highly complex" documents and at least "a million" pages of emails in a 20+ year career. When I pointed out he's clearly full of ****, as that's one "complex" document and a thousand emails a week, he doubled down on the stupid, with a side order of "I know you are but what am I!" I expect pretty soon he'll be telling me I should shut up because he drives a BMW.

How in the world is it a poor example? TYTT ate in total agreement on this one. The US presence is a token one, so you win on technicality but not on substance.

It's a poor example for numerous reasons, leaving aside the fact that what was left behind after the war wasn't an occupying force, the similarities in culture, religion, and race -- the United States and the world were far different places in 1945 than in 2017.

In Japan, where it was an occupying force and there was stark differences in culture, race, and religion -- it took a nuclear holocaust to make it work.

Unless you're suggesting that we should blanket the ME with nuclear tipped warheads, using WW2 as an example of anything relating to the conversation of regime change wars and occupation in the ME is a poor example.

The US presence is a token one, so you win on technicality but not on substance.

No, that's a win on substance. If that token presence were removed, Iraq would cease to exist.

The thing about you and me, which at least I find amusing, is we agree on much more than you acknowledge. I agree with you (and always have) that 44 pulling troops out was a disaster and the number one cause of much of the strife in the region currently. Where we disagree: I believe that it was (and is) an inevitability that the country, or its leaders, would lose the will to sustain an occupying force of appropriate strength long before the job was done properly - and you do not.

More food from thought from Robert Parry:

Did Al Qaeda Fool the White House Again?

Thomas L. Friedman, the Times’ star foreign policy columnist, did that and then extrapolated from his certainty to propose that the U.S. should ally itself with the jihadists fighting to overthrow Assad, a position long favored by U.S. “allies,” Saudi Arabia and Israel.

“Why should our goal right now be to defeat the Islamic State in Syria?” Friedman asked before proposing outright support for the jihadists: “We could dramatically increase our military aid to anti-Assad rebels, giving them sufficient anti-tank and antiaircraft missiles to threaten Russian, Iranian, Hezbollah and Syrian helicopters and fighter jets and make them bleed, maybe enough to want to open negotiations. Fine with me.”

So, not only have the mainstream U.S. media stars decided that they know what happen on April 4 in a remote Al Qaeda-controlled section of Idlib province (without seeing any real evidence) but they are now building off their groupthink to propose that the Trump administration hand out antiaircraft missiles to the “anti-Assad rebels” who, in reality, are under the command of Al Qaeda and/or the Islamic State.

In other words, Friedman and other deep thinkers are advocating material support for terrorists who would get sophisticated American ground-to-air missiles that could shoot down Russian planes thus exacerbating already dangerous U.S.-Russian tensions or take down some civilian airliner as Al Qaeda has done in the past. If someone named Abdul had made such a suggestion, he could expect a knock on his door from the FBI.

(snip)

With the U.S. intelligence community effectively silenced by the fact that the President has already acted, Theodore Postol, a technology and national security expert at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, undertook his own review of the supposed evidence cited by Trump’s White House in issuing a four-page “intelligence assessment” on April 11 asserting with “high confidence” that Assad’s military delivered a bomb filled with sarin on the town of Khan Sheikdoun on the morning of April 4.

Postol, whose analytical work helped debunk Official Washington’s groupthink regarding the 2013 sarin attack outside Damascus, expressed new shock at the shoddiness of the latest White House report (or WHR). Postol produced “a quick turnaround assessment” of the April 11 report that night and went into greater detail in an addendum on April 13, writing:

“This addendum provides data that unambiguously shows that the assumption in the WHR that there was no tampering with the alleged site of the sarin release is not correct. This egregious error raises questions about every other claim in the WHR. … The implication of this observation is clear – the WHR was not reviewed and released by any competent intelligence expert unless they were motivated by factors other than concerns about the accuracy of the report.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/14/did-al-qaeda-fool-the-white-house-again/

Edited by Deranged Rhino

"Moderate" Rebels blew up 100 civilians today. That's who we are partnered with on the ground...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/15/middleeast/syria-evacuations-bombing/index.html

I wish the news would start referring to the groups that do this by name, rather than just saying "rebel groups." Then maybe the public would start to have some understanding of how much of a cluster!@#$ this is.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish the news would start referring to the groups that do this by name, rather than just saying "rebel groups." Then maybe the public would start to have some understanding of how much of a cluster!@#$ this is.

Can't do that. Then people will start to figure out we're working with our sworn enemies who butchered 3000 Americans, burn babies, drown people in acid, and behead people for sport.

Edited by Deranged Rhino