The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

After the eleventh.  Before the thirteenth.

Reminder: the Jacobins did away with the traditional calendar by creating the French Republican Calendar.

It wouldn't be the least bit surprising if House Democrats created a new "Social Justice Calendar" that did away with the twelfth of each month, just to ensure the report never gets released.

• Haha (+1) 3

HARSH, BUT FAIR: 

Obama Successfully Hunted Trump Campaign Aides Instead of Terrorists.

In 2016, rather than successfully hunting down terrorists including Mueller’s captors, Obama and his top national security officials hunted down Trump campaign aides. Baghdadi’s death should be a reminder—an infuriating one at that—of how the Obama administration, particularly the CIA and FBI, squandered vital resources in service to a politically motivated investigation into Trump and his presidential campaign rather than focusing their efforts on the legitimate threats facing the country.

Trump alluded to that malfeasance in his press conference on Sunday. “When we use our intelligence correctly, what we can do is incredible,” Trump said while commending intelligence operatives who helped locate the ISIS madman. “When we waste our time with intelligence that hurts our country because we had poor leadership at the top, that’s not good.”

Trump, of course, was referring to former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and former FBI Director James Comey, the “Praetorian Guard” that laid the trap for Team Trump in 2016. As ISIS continued its murderous rampage in the Middle East and parts of Europe that year—including the Bastille Day truck attack in France that killed 86 people and wounded hundreds more—the most powerful intelligence professionals in the United States were surveilling Carter Page and George Papadopoulos.

Politics is just war by other means for these Democrats.

• Like (+1) 4

BRENNAN BRAYS

The Obama national security team including James Clapper, John Brennan, James Comey, Susan Rice, Samantha Power and others comes ever more sharply into view as an utterly repulsive crew. Clapper may be excused by his stupidity, but a special shame attaches to Comey and Brennan. I hope it’s not wishful thinking to detect sweaty desperation in Brennan’s tweet yesterday encouraging what Kim Strassel calls Resistance (At All Costs). I’m thinking William Barr and John Durham deserve this kind of support from us as they bid to face this crowd down.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/10/brennan-brays.php

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

BRENNAN BRAYS

The Obama national security team including James Clapper, John Brennan, James Comey, Susan Rice, Samantha Power and others comes ever more sharply into view as an utterly repulsive crew. Clapper may be excused by his stupidity, but a special shame attaches to Comey and Brennan. I hope it’s not wishful thinking to detect sweaty desperation in Brennan’s tweet yesterday encouraging what Kim Strassel calls Resistance (At All Costs). I’m thinking William Barr and John Durham deserve this kind of support from us as they bid to face this crowd down.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/10/brennan-brays.php

Am I the only one who remember that it was Susan Rice who established the policy of not calling the Rwandan Genocide a "genocide" because it would negatively impact mid-term elections?

?????

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Grassley is 86 and can hold the chair two more years.

Lindsey may have a few conflicts? Just a guess.

Lindsey Graham will give Judiciary chairmanship back to Chuck Grassley

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) plans to hand the chairmanship of the Senate Judiciary Committee back to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa.) in the next Congress.

Graham took over the panel this year from Grassley, who left to chair the Senate Finance Committee.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TPS said:

I know I've said it before, but I've grown to like some of these Reagan supply-siders in their old age...

https://original.antiwar.com/David_Stockman/2019/10/30/yes-virginia-there-is-a-deep-state-and-its-feeding-the-anti-potus-mob/

The flip side of his piece is that the West shouldn't at all be concerned about Russia having open access to the Mediterranean, because they've been such great stewards of peace. 

It's like extolling virtues of Sunni terrorists because they're not Shias

10 minutes ago, GG said:

The flip side of his piece is that the West shouldn't at all be concerned about Russia having open access to the Mediterranean, because they've been such great stewards of peace. 

It's like extolling virtues of Sunni terrorists because they're not Shias

Who is the greater threat to US hegemony, Russia or China? By vilifying Russia, we’ve pushed them closer to China. 

Edited by TPS

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

Who is the greater threat to US hegemony, Russia or China? By vilifying Russia, we’ve pushed them closer to China. 

Would you like to die of a heart attack or cancer?

The answer to the above question would be the first country to fully abandon its communist roots.  

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

What you are saying is gibberish.  There will be no close tie in terms of the Russians with the Chinese.  Has not been since the early 1950's.  Too much rivalry economically and militarily for them to get close even if US/Western Europe power was spiking.  As has been in the past there will be isolated cooperation in terms of military and limited trade.