Do the Bills go after Cousins if the Skins can't afford him?

I live in Northern VA and just finished watching the sports portion of the news. It seems there are a lot of concerns with Redskins fans and in the DC news that Cousins has played his last game as a Redskin as Cousins is looking for a big payday. If the Redskins don't resign Cousins and don't franchise tag him, do the Bills go after him knowing he'll want a hefty contract?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I'm from NVA, too. My thoughts about Cousins are much like my thoughts about Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's good until the pressure is turned up in a game that means something, then he throws a couple of interceptions and breaks your heart. I wouldn't want to toss a gazillion bucks at the guy, unless the team has a QB whisperer and an O-line that crushes everything in its path.

The biggest gain with Cousins would be that with our Running game, he would be perfectly set for play-action. Cousins is more accurate than Tyrod, but does not have the same ball security. But do remember he had really good to great WRs and TEs on that Redskins team.

I live in Northern VA and just finished watching the sports portion of the news. It seems there are a lot of concerns with Redskins fans and in the DC news that Cousins has played his last game as a Redskin as Cousins is looking for a big payday. If the Redskins don't resign Cousins and don't franchise tag him, do the Bills go after him knowing he'll want a hefty contract?

I'm not a fan, but if Washington wanted to trade him straight up for Tyrod I would think about it. I know that Cousins is a much more mature passer than Tyrod, and I know what a comparison of their stat lines reveals. But I'm not a fan of Cousins's arm, and I believe that Tyrod brings a lot to our run game. I suspect that Cousins will be a lot cheaper than will Tyrod over the next two years, so maybe Washington applies the franchise tag to Cousins and considers the idea.

Hell no. If you put Cousins on a team without the Skins WRs and TEs hes gonna falter. He couldnt do **** wit our roster. Skins top 4 Wrs are better then our whole roster minus Watkins. Same with TEs.

Word on the street they will work out a team friendly deal with Cousins or apply the franchise tag. They have no choice.

Edited by Marty McFly

That team almost made the playoffs with him. He threw for nearly 5000 yards. They don't have any particularly effective running backs,

They also have a fairly mediocre to poor defense.

They roll over a decent amount of cap - have doctson to replace garcon, and still keep crowder. I could see them adding another receiver since they're losing a few. I just don't see them walking away from him with absolutely no backup plan. Especially since you kept him and let RG3 walk.

Cousins would be the best QB we've had since Bledsoe. He does miss on a lot of deep throws though. He also has the tendency for untimely turnovers. I'd take him over McCarron or Tryrod

I'll pass on Cousins...played horribly in a game at home needed to get in to playoffs