McCoy: Bills have talent to win, Rex blew it with discipline

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lesean-mccoy-bills-had-talent-to-win-rex-ryan-blew-it-with-lack-of-discipline/

This sounds like Camp Jauron ver 2.0

I hate the phrase "player's coach." Want to be a player's coach? Win! Herb Brooks was not a player's coach.

Tom Landry wasn't.

Lombardi wasn't

Madden definitely wasn't

Stop being these primma donna's friend and be their boss!

I don't know if I agree with these players coming out and saying it, but I believe that discipline is a big problem with this team.

There are coaches that could have gotten to the playoffs with this roster (Belichick, and Andy Reid come to mind).

Edited by HoF Watkins

Rex has always been a players coach which translates into real life as

1) he plays favorites always

2) he makes excuses for some and punishes others who don't follow him like a disciple

3)he keeps his favs way to long ( such as Spikes) who do not earn their keep, and gives his special friends more chances (Harvin types)

4) he uses his favs to spy on the team and pass messages to the team and thus splits the team. You can have players who lead and teach on the field but the message cannot be created by the head coach so they become just a pipeline.

5) cuts players who he should keep likely because he gets info from his spys (Hogan comes quicklt to mind)

Rex had the same issues at the Jets, his father had the same issues and split the team eventually

I have no direct proof of this but we have all seen it and if it smells like a dead fish it likely is a dead fish.

Good Bye Rex, you may know football but you aren't a leader and never will be.

Greg Williams was a disciplinarian ... how did that work out?

But, I am happy Rex is gone ... I recall that he brought Jets players to Dave & Busters or some place like that to relieve stress/have fun. Pretty sure Belichick or Parcells didn't do sh*t like that. Also, interested to know how many other teams this year had 10 players on the field at a crucial time on the field? Likely the teams in the playoffs didn't allow for those circumstances ... or have 27 coaches on their sidelines. What a mess.

Greg Williams was a disciplinarian ... how did that work out?

But, I am happy Rex is gone ... I recall that he brought Jets players to Dave & Busters or some place like that to relieve stress/have fun. Pretty sure Belichick or Parcells didn't do sh*t like that. Also, interested to know how many other teams this year had 10 players on the field at a crucial time on the field? Likely the teams in the playoffs didn't allow for those circumstances ... or have 27 coaches on their sidelines. What a mess.

the talent on his team wasn't all that great...Good skill players on offense with a terrible offensive line Edited by BILLriant