Deshaun Watson

Wagon Circler

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Name one young QB we've developed in last 20 years?.... Plus I don't see the point in drafting another young QB when we already have a NC winner on the bench... Jones has all the physical tools anyone would ever need to become an elite QB... Right now, he just needs snaps, and the absence of Dave Lee to take that big step forward..

ya like jazz?

Just Say NO. He is a turnover machine that will not serve us well at the NFL level, PARTICULARLY since our defense was left in a shambles thanks to the Ryan bozos. This team needs positional help in other places. Signing a veteran QB to pair up with Cardale is by far the bast option, or a Tyrod deal paired up with Cardale.

We have the building blocks for a stellar offense already... don't blow it on this guy. Enough Clemson players...

P.S.... WE ARE NOT THE BROWNS.

And.... the mediocrity continues...

unless they are bringing back the same coaches you are referencing - how do you know the new coaching staff can't develop a QB?

What new coaching staff are you talking about?... Did they just can Dave Lee and Anthony Lynn?... So far, they've just replaced the Ryans with their stoolies...

Plus, with the same front office calling the shots, I don't see it happening... Wasting that kid's time would be very unfair, IMO.

And.... the mediocrity continues...

So, let's just say we draft DeShaun Watson and pass on a guy like Jabril Peppers or others who are impact defensive guys like we did with Mack... THEN what do you tell the fan base if you are GM? I am all ears. What's your plan for our defensive holes at DL, LB, S and CB????

Edited by BmoreBills

What new coaching staff are you talking about?... Did they just can Dave Lee and Anthony Lynn?... So far, they've just replaced the Ryans with their stoolies...

Plus, with the same front office calling the shots, I don't see it happening... Wasting that kid's time would be very unfair, IMO.

they have not hired a coaching staff yet, as you know. They haven't even started the search, as you know. A Lynn, should he be hired, has never been in position to hire a staff or develop a QB. There isn't anything to go on to assume that they shouldn't draft a QB because they won't be able to develop one. Makes no sense...

The same FO calling what shots? Draft picks? They need to show they can evaluate and draft a good potential pro QB. Developing the one that is drafted is the job of the coaching staff, not the FO.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So we are already writing off the guys coaching the QBs even though we don't know who those guys are? This is the "for the last 17 years" argument. If we hire McDaniels (as an example) are we to now assume that he can't develop QBs because Russ Brandon is the team president? Do you see where the logic doesn't work....

So, let's just say we draft DeShaun Watson and pass on a guy like Jabril Peppers or others who are impact defensive guys like we did with Mack... THEN what do you tell the fan base if you are GM? I am all ears. What's your plan for our defensive holes at DL, LB, S and CB????

If we pass on Jabrill Peppers, I buy my GM a beer. That right there is fools gold, especially that early.

Take a shot at a QB if you have the opportunity and you think he's got the talent. I'm not entirely sold on Watson but I'm not going to argue with taking him. As long as there's a better plan in place than the one for EJ.

QB is the most important. Tell the fans to shut up.

If we pass on Jabrill Peppers, I buy my GM a beer. That right there is fools gold, especially that early.

Take a shot at a QB if you have the opportunity and you think he's got the talent. I'm not entirely sold on Watson but I'm not going to argue with taking him. As long as there's a better plan in place than the one for EJ.

I agree on Peppers. He does nothing for me.

I think Watson is such a good player that people got bored praising him and just deicided to look for the flaws. He's become underrated at this point.

This has absolutely happened Yolo. I totally agree.

Look.... forget Trubisky, forget Kizer..... Deshaun Watson is the best Quarterback in this class (not even close) and he would have been the best Quarterback in last year's class too. If I line the last 3 QB classes up against each other I have Watson 3rd after Mariota and Winston. I make it 3 poor games he had this year - Auburn and Troy to open up the season and against FSU. That's three bad games in a college career..... I think if you look at the body of work everything you look for is there. The ONLY and I mean ONLY doubt I have is his consistency of decision making but he isn't Geno Smith who wouldn't know a right decision if it smacked him in the face (like IK did) he just occasionally makes a really head scratching decision with the ball - but hey.... Eli Manning does too.... he won two Superbowls. This kid is going to be an NFL starting quarterback and a successful one. I am not saying he is the next Peyton Manning but if this guys is till on the board when the Bills pick and they pass him up I am going to find the nearest wall and bang my head against if for however long the team after us is on the clock.

If I was Cleveland I'd pick him. I don't think he is by rights a top 10 player (I'd have him somewhere between 10 and 20 on my big board) but if you are desperate at Quarterback and this kid is there you pick him.

Edited by GunnerBill

I agree on Peppers. He does nothing for me.

The theory of Peppers is better than the practical application. Whatever you're drafting him to be, it's not what he's played this year. I think he's had about 6 coverage reps and he's !@#$ed most of them up :D

One of those players that I've become less enamoured with the more I've watched him. Fantastic athlete but not the slightest clue how the hell I use him.

they have not hired a coaching staff yet. A Lynn, should he be hired, has never been in position to hire a staff or develop a QB. There isn't anything to go on to assume that they shouldn't draft a QB because they won't be able to develop one. Makes no sense...

:lol: Except the last 20 years... Regardless of coaching regime, I might add.

... Crossing your fingers while arguing that we somehow will next season seems silly on your part.

... Crossing your fingers while arguing that we somehow will next season seems silly on your part.

What QB should we have developed in the last 20 years? Brad Smith? He was a dummy from Mizzou.

What role will Turk Schonert play in developing him? What about Nate Hackett? If the answer is "nothing" what they did is irrelevant. That's kind of the point. Now if David Lee is back next year, you have a point. The only people that matter are the ones coaching, not the guys that coaches in 2002.

this makes no sense to me. You propose never drafting another QB because the future coaches can't develop the QB? Live in the past much? I don't, so I just can't understand that frame of thought. Edited by YoloinOhio