Deshaun Watson

Wagon Circler

I feel like this guy is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

All this talk of tanking. For what? We're not doing it to get a better offensive tackle.

It has to be to address the QB situation. To me, Watson has to be a serious consideration. Trubiskey is unlikely to be there when we pick.

I have liked Watson for a year. To me, he has many of the same qualities I liked about Prescott, only he's better!

The calmness in the pocket while he surveys the field, coupled with Tyrod athleticism, but bigger.

Is he a finished product? Not by any means. But there just aren't that many Andrew Luck's around.

I would like to draft him in the first and even play him.

Let us just say, like the Emperor to Annakin, "I will be watching his post-season with great interest"!

Serious comments are invited. Not the "No Thanks" Mr. Negativity posts.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh. Why do I bother? Thanks Yolo. I see the same thing.

Just messing with you. We could do worse. I don't think he's a good enough passer to make it in this league with just his arm. If you want a guy that's going to help the ground game like why Tyrod does then this would work but is he going to lead you down the field with his arm when there's 1 min left and you have to throw it?

It seems like every year the experts say its a weak class for QBs yet by the time the draft comes around theres 2-4 prospects who emerge to become possible 1st round picks etc. Why is that? Is it a reflection of team needs at the top of the draft or the actual talent level of the prospects in question?

Sigh. Why do I bother? Thanks Yolo. I see the same thing.

Totally get your frustration, but let me disagree respectfully.

Wagon, as I see it we are very close to playoff caliber as I type this. All we need is a big improvement on D,and some WR help. I think your suggestion is solid, but not the timing. If we take him now and play him the O (which was pretty good this year) needs more of a rebuild to fit his strengths. If he were to be available in a later round...by all means grab him but it is my opinion the ship is pretty steady. Just need a defensive mind to fix that side of the football.

Edited by jaybee

big time arm, has thrown for a lot more yards in college than tyrod ever did. plus did you see him against alabama last year? his performance was unreal so he gets better in the big games. If we get a nice defensive coach it could be the perfect situation for him to come into. big run game and big defense so he doesn't have to do much. just throw a big deep ball a couple times a game.

Totally get your frustration, but let me disagree respectfully.

Wagon, as I see it we are very close to playoff caliber as I type this. All we need is a big improvement on D,and some WR help. I think your suggestion is solid, but not the timing. If we take him now and play him the O (which was pretty good this year) needs more of a rebuild to fit his strengths. If he were to be available in a later round...by all means grab him but it is my opinion the ship is pretty steady. Just need a defensive mind to fix that side of the football.

why does the offense need a rebuild to fit his strengths?

I find interesting the mock drafts that have us passing on Kizer - interesting.

Go Bills!!!!!

Kizer should return to ND but he's probably running away from Brian Kelly. He's not ready IMO.

It's not because I have anything personal against D. Watson.... This team doesn't develop young QB's... In fact it's where QB's go to die... I wouldn't wish Dave Lee's ineptitiude on anyone but Bill Bellichick...

how do you know "this team" doesn't develop young QBs when that is the job of the coaching staff and you don't know who the coaching staff will be yet?

Just Say NO. He is a turnover machine that will not serve us well at the NFL level, PARTICULARLY since our defense was left in a shambles thanks to the Ryan bozos. This team needs positional help in other places. Signing a veteran QB to pair up with Cardale is by far the bast option, or a Tyrod deal paired up with Cardale.

We have the building blocks for a stellar offense already... don't blow it on this guy. Enough Clemson players...

P.S.... WE ARE NOT THE BROWNS.

Edited by BmoreBills

how do you know "this team" doesn't develop young QBs when that is the job of the coaching staff and you don't know who the coaching staff will be yet?

Name one young QB we've developed in last 20 years?.... Plus I don't see the point in drafting another young QB when we already have a NC winner on the bench... Jones has all the physical tools anyone would ever need to become an elite QB... Right now, he just needs snaps, and the absence of Dave Lee to take that big step forward..

Name one young QB we've developed in last 20 years?.... Plus I don't see the point in drafting another young QB when we already have a NC winner on the bench... Jones has all the physical tools anyone would ever need to become an elite QB... Right now, he just needs snaps, and the absence of Dave Lee to take that big step forward..

didnt read my post I see...