With E.J getting the nod this week?

fansince88

Now that the season is over and EJ is starting what do you need to see from him to say "hey, perhaps he his starter material"? I realize it is a garbage game. I realize the Jets will be trying to tank more than us for that draft pick. I need to see 300+ yards and clean play. 30 points or more on the board. If not, keep TT for a serviceable QB. Lets see what people say. Yes DC Tom....I know...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is a serviceable and perhaps a decent QB. He survived the dreaded 2nd season and came out better than last year in my opinion.

The issue is does his skill match the money his agent believes he deserves. IMHO, everyone would support him as a keeper if he was paid $10M per. until we found the young QB who may be better. Maybe Jones, unlikely EJ but Sunday will show us something of EJ. EJ has a real issue with the short pass, not sure he can be fixed.

EJ would need to play the game of his life, like 20-24 with 300 yards a couple TD's and no picks. More importantly, he'd need to stand tall in the pocket, not look skittish at all, no balls in the dirt, use all parts of the field, not miss wide open guys, look off safeties, etc etc.

Basically, look like Tom Brady. Otherwise, bye.

EJ would need to play the game of his life, like 20-24 with 300 yards a couple TD's and no picks. More importantly, he'd need to stand tall in the pocket, not look skittish at all, no balls in the dirt, use all parts of the field, not miss wide open guys, look off safeties, etc etc.

Basically, look like Tom Brady. Otherwise, bye.

And since we are looking at one game the above still would not beat what Tyrod put up last week vs a better team.

And since we are looking at one game the above still would not beat what Tyrod put up last week vs a better team.

Taylor is done. The jig is up on the qb who can't qb.

Sell your Taylor jerseys now before he leaves town.

It's OVER THE MIDDLE time. SIMPLE SLANT passes are back !!

Adios Taylor. Enjoy the cash.

Taylor is done. The jig is up on the qb who can't qb.

Sell your Taylor jerseys now before he leaves town.

It's OVER THE MIDDLE time. SIMPLE SLANT passes are back !!

Adios Taylor. Enjoy the cash.

I don't believe it's been determined that he won't be back next season. It's very possible they decline to exercise the option to extend him and attempt to negotiate with his agent based upon what the next HC thinks of Tyrod.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't believe it's been determined that he won't be back next season. It's very possible they decline to exercise the option to extend him and attempt to negotiate with his agent based upon what the next HC thinks of Tyrod.

I'm not so sure, if he is slated to be 20th highest paid qb and he was coming back for sure he would be playing.

He's way too small in important spots, I see no reason to stick around.

I'm not so sure, if he is slated to be 20th highest paid qb and he was coming back for sure he would be playing.

You mean like the three drives in the 4th quarter to essentially win the game last week? You mean his absurdly good td to turnover ratio? Fans' expectations for QB are insane, but then again, there were people pulling for Reich to start back in the 90s.

EJ is playing because they want to see what they have in him as to whether he's worth bringing back as a cheap back-up. It's probably as simple as that.

They are smartly hedging against injury that would force their hand to pay the guaranteed money, but it certainly doesn't preclude him from coming back.

You mean like the three drives in the 4th quarter to essentially win the game last week? You mean his absurdly good td to turnover ratio? Fans' expectations for QB are insane, but then again, there were people pulling for Reich to start back in the 90s.

EJ is playing because they want to see what they have in him as to whether he's worth bringing back as a cheap back-up. It's probably as simple as that.

Just to clarify, the game you're talking about is the one they needed to win, but lost. Sorry, no bonus points for "essentially" winning anything. No way does a team undermine their starting QB by sitting him unless he's injured or they're resting him in week 17 to protect him for the playoffs. Neither is the case here. His benching is to protect the team from the injury guarantee in his contract. There is no other logical reason.

Just to clarify, the game you're talking about is the one they needed to win, but lost. Sorry, no bonus points for "essentially" winning anything. No way does a team undermine their starting QB by sitting him unless he's injured or they're resting him in week 17 to protect him for the playoffs. Neither is the case here. His benching is to protect the team from the injury guarantee in his contract. There is no other logical reason.

And with the new Head Coach up in the air sitting him and not taking the risk is really the only sane option. Tyrod will almost certainly not be QB next year if Lynn gets the job. He fits Lynns offense