Sully: Bills' bozos leave Lynn to twist on his own

Rico

Sully is a prick who knew full well beforehand that Lynn wasn't going to answer any questions about Ryan, that Whaley would next Monday, and that the weekly coach's presser should be confined to discussion about preparations for the upcoming game. Instead, he chose to disregard and sensationalize.

So, in your opinion, Jerry Sullivan should not have followed up on the biggest story in the NFL at the time it was happening, a story that every other NFL sports outlet was covering? It seems that you are implying that he'd be doing a "better job" if he ignored the elephant in the room or asked questions and wrote things that weren't "sensational" and left that to other pricks.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lynn is smart he'll coach up a storm on Sunday then run away from OBD as fast as he can. The organization threw him under the bus with that presser. No support whatsoever from the organization to deflect some of the questions that clearly dealt with organizational issues, were to be expected given the firing of Wrex, and were not within the purview of the interim head coach. If "they" left him swinging in the wind on day 1, what can he expect when the sledding gets really rough?

I cant agree with this notion that Terry Pegula is an owner you dont want to work for. As lousy as the Bills handled this the Pegulas have not lost their desire to do whatever it takes to field a winner. They continue to spend money like its water on both franchises. Just dropped a 42 million dollar contract on Kyle Okposo for the sabres and 30 plus million on Risto. Just ate 16.5 on Rexs deal when they realized the mistake they made on Rex. Yes they have made mistakes with both teams but the desire to win, willingness to spend, and unlimited resources that most of us loved when they bought both teams hasnt changed. If Im a coach I would certainly have some concerns but I think the pluses far outweigh the minuses. You coach here your going to get everything you ask for like Rex did. Saying this is a place people shouldnt want to come to is plain silly. The majority of sports franchise owners wont provide their coaches and gms with an open checkbook like the pegulas do. Lynn would be lucky to get this job. More changes are coming if they dont start winning more.

Whether you like or dislike Rex:

How is it possible to believe this new leak about Rex supposedly telling the team we had no chance a few weeks ago. As recently as last week (when hardly anyone said we had a chance), Rex said for all the world to hear that we had a "puncher's chance"???

This does not pass the smell test.

This seems like another leak to discredit Rex.

Pretty foolish if they are leaking things to discredit Rex. Dont hear many fans griping about the actual firing. Trying to discredit him at this point is a waste of time. Rex dug his own grave in the short time he was here.

I cant agree with this notion that Terry Pegula is an owner you dont want to work for. As lousy as the Bills handled this the Pegulas have not lost their desire to do whatever it takes to field a winner. They continue to spend money like its water on both franchises. Just dropped a 42 million dollar contract on Kyle Okposo for the sabres and 30 plus million on Risto. Just ate 16.5 on Rexs deal when they realized the mistake they made on Rex. Yes they have made mistakes with both teams but the desire to win, willingness to spend, and unlimited resources that most of us loved when they bought both teams hasnt changed. If Im a coach I would certainly have some concerns but I think the pluses far outweigh the minuses. You coach here your going to get everything you ask for like Rex did. Saying this is a place people shouldnt want to come to is plain silly. The majority of sports franchise owners wont provide their coaches and gms with an open checkbook like the pegulas do. Lynn would be lucky to get this job. More changes are coming if they dont start winning more.

Pretty foolish if they are leaking things to discredit Rex. Dont hear many fans griping about the actual firing. Trying to discredit him at this point is a waste of time. Rex dug his own grave in the short time he was here.

I don't question the Pegula's interest in both teams, nor their willingness to spend money on them. I do question the two layers of the administration that separate the Pegulas from the head coach in the every day workings of the business entity called The Buffalo Bills. The organization will not change, until Brandon and Whaley are out, nor will the head coach have the same authority and working conditions as most other NFL coaches. A fancy locker room and a wealthy owner don't seem to be key criteria for a successful franchise. Run, Anthony, run.

So, in your opinion, Jerry Sullivan should not have followed up on the biggest story in the NFL at the time it was happening, a story that every other NFL sports outlet was covering? It seems that you are implying that he'd be doing a "better job" if he ignored the elephant in the room or asked questions and wrote things that weren't "sensational" and left that to other pricks.

Sully woulkd be serve us all if he could acquire just ONE inside source into the Bills organization and comment on his findings - instead he just sits back and fires out opinions that any of us could get at a local bar - his opinions are no more informed than the bartender at the big tree

Other reporters didn't have a problem sticking to the pre-established parameters. Other reporters were intelligent enough to understand the weekly coach's presser wasn't the proper venue and that Lynn wasn't the right person for answers about events he wasn't privy to and conducted by people he has no authority over.

What we know so far...

Everyone wanted Rex fired now upset how he was fired.

Everyone wanted Taylor benched upset over how he was benched.

Carry on.

shove it up your flux capacitor Promo!

"Everyone" didn't want anything, and most criticisms of management are not only reasonable, but have mostly been proven correct over time.

What you always seem to want is to get on your high horse and make blanket statements implying that Bills fans who don't shut up and suck hind tit are just stupid ungrateful peasants. And for that you can piss off.

Edited by jester43

The only thing that we KNEW for sure is that you would find a way to bore us by putting the blame on the fans yet again.

Carry on.

Bill - what exactly are you upset about ? That Ryan was fired ? This team was clearly headed in the wrong direction and not making progress on the Defense. His style of coaching and his stubborn nature is not going to change and would not lead this team to the playoffs. The timing could be debatable but the reasons for this departure are etirely clear. I do understand that you dislike Whaley but news is filtering out that he was not on board with the Ryan hire and yet he brought in personnel who Ryan wanted. IMHO, we have not seen an uninfluenced Whaley team but are about to. Looks like he will make the major football decisions which is exactly what he should have been doing all along. Brandon is out of the main decision tree for a new coach. These are all positive outcomes which most of us fans have been clamoring for.

I have seen your posts in several threads but still cannot understand where you are coming from. Why so unhappy, man ?

Edited by Fan in Chicago

What we know so far...

Everyone wanted Rex fired now upset how he was fired.

Everyone wanted Taylor benched upset over how he was benched.

Carry on.

Whi wanted taylor benched but a small and vocal minority? Most informed fans think it's best to keep him.

Complete dysfunction? This strikes me as the opposite extreme from those fans that so desperately want to believe.

The Bills are nearly completely dysfunctional, yes. The fact that they are 7-8 isn't indicative of how messed up of an organization that they are.

Agree 100%. That's my concern with Kim Pegula. They claim she's at least co-owner if not the main owner of the Bills, yet she won't go in front of the media. That's a problem. This is the NFL. It's basically part of the entertainment industry and being out in front of the media is a big part of the job. That expectation doesn't go away, and won't go away if you pretend it's not there.

Not true. Many NFL owners avoid the spotlight. Maybe even most.

I want my owners to hire good people to run their team, not answer questions about which QB should start.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Whi wanted taylor benched but a small and vocal minority? Most informed fans think it's best to keep him.

The Bills are nearly completely dysfunctional, yes. The fact that they are 7-8 isn't indicative of how messed up of an organization that they are.

According to whom and by what metrics?

Dysfunction is a loaded term.

Dysfunction stares us in the face on a daily basis.

“To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle.”--George Orwell

You advocate for data and analysis when evaluating the Offense and yet have made up your mind regarding how this team is run by way of a couple of 'news' reports ? I highly encourage you to trust that the Pegulas may be learning the ways of the NFL. That the past may NOT be a pointer for the future.

Maybe I am wearing unusually rose-colored glasses but when posters like Bill in NYC and you are so negative about the future prospects, I do feel the reason to pause and think. I am back into optimistic mode which I had lost a few years back. I am hoping you are wrong.

Dysfunction stares us in the face on a daily basis.

“To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle.”--George Orwell

Well, if you're gonna quote one of my all time favorites, I have to concede. You win!

Seriously though, I understand the sentiment, but words like dysfunction can be over dramatic. There are aspects of the Bills organization, those not transparent to fans or directly related to football ops, that run very efficiently. And there are a ton of good people behind the scenes and in supporting roles that are damned good at what they do that don't deserve to be labeled so harshly.

You advocate for data and analysis when evaluating the Offense and yet have made up your mind regarding how this team is run by way of a couple of 'news' reports ? I highly encourage you to trust that the Pegulas may be learning the ways of the NFL. That the past may NOT be a pointer for the future.

Maybe I am wearing unusually rose-colored glasses but when posters like Bill in NYC and you are so negative about the future prospects, I do feel the reason to pause and think. I am back into optimistic mode which I had lost a few years back. I am hoping you are wrong.

No -- I am referring to the accomplishment of a near impossibility: 17 years with no playoffs. Also figuring in are the following: the constant backbiting and bickering among mid- and high-level managers, the constant firings of and/or abandonments by coaches, the numerous hirings and promotions of lackluster managers, and the constant startovers -- which is what will happen next year if Taylor is dumped (which most signs are pointing to). So far, the Pegula-run Bills look a lot like the late-Wilson years Bills. I hope that changes.

I do agree with K-9 that there are good people in the organization and some good talent on the team. Of course, the French military establishment in 1940 had some excellent staff in the officer corps and some fantastic weapons as well as weapons systems.

Having said all of this, I'm not entirely unoptimistic. Poorly run franchises can luck into great qbs who turn things around. That could definitely happen here and I don't discount the possibility.

Edited by dave mcbride

No -- I am referring to the accomplishment of a near impossibility: 17 years with no playoffs. Also figuring in are the following: the constant backbiting and bickering among mid- and high-level managers, the constant firings of and/or abandonments by coaches, the numerous hirings and promotions of lackluster managers, and the constant startovers -- which is what will happen next year if Taylor is dumped (which most signs are pointing to). So far, the Pegula-run Bills look a lot like the late-Wilson years Bills. I hope that changes.

I do agree with K-9 that there are good people in the organization and some good talent on the team. Of course, the French military establishment in 1940 had some excellent staff in the officer corps and some fantastic weapons as well as weapons systems.

Having said all of this, I'm not entirely unoptimistic. Poorly run franchises can luck into great qbs who turn things around. That could definitely happen here and I don't discount the possibility.

So is the run the Patriots have gone on in the same time frame. Coincidence?

The only thing that we KNEW for sure is that you would find a way to bore us by putting the blame on the fans yet again.

Carry on.

Overreact much?

Other reporters didn't have a problem sticking to the pre-established parameters. Other reporters were intelligent enough to understand the weekly coach's presser wasn't the proper venue and that Lynn wasn't the right person for answers about events he wasn't privy to and conducted by people he has no authority over.

I'm really referring more to the press than fans. The media sets a narrative and when the Bills stray from it they throw around the D-word.

I'm really referring more to the press than fans. The media sets a narrative and when the Bills stray from it they throw around the D-word.

Just win games. It's that simple (but not easy). Focus on winning !@#$ing football games. All the "body English" in the world toward the press isn't going to change a !@#$ing thing.

I don't question the Pegula's interest in both teams, nor their willingness to spend money on them. I do question the two layers of the administration that separate the Pegulas from the head coach in the every day workings of the business entity called The Buffalo Bills. The organization will not change, until Brandon and Whaley are out, nor will the head coach have the same authority and working conditions as most other NFL coaches. A fancy locker room and a wealthy owner don't seem to be key criteria for a successful franchise. Run, Anthony, run.

If they dont win Brandon and Whaley will be out. I have no doubt about that.