Sully: Bills' bozos leave Lynn to twist on his own

Rico

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait. So Whaley had enough time to fire the HC, but the reason he can't spend 10 minutes answering questions is that he's "too busy"? Wow. That's one lame ass cop-out.

:lol: Berchtold sucks. Yeah, after watching Lynn stumble through his first presser, hard to argue otherwise.

Whaley didn't fire Ryan; Pegula was his direct superior in the org. chain. That doesn't mean he didn't suggest it, I'm sure he did, especially after hearing from some folks who sat with Whaley and Pegula in their booth on Sunday. We weren't the only ones pissed about the punt with 4 minutes remaining, apparently.

Whaley didn't fire Ryan; Pegula was his direct superior in the org. chain. That doesn't mean he didn't suggest it, I'm sure he did, especially after hearing from some folks who sat with Whaley and Pegula in their booth on Sunday. We weren't the only ones pissed about the punt with 4 minutes remaining, apparently.

What did Whaley think about the winning coach punting in our end of the field?

What did Whaley think about the winning coach punting in our end of the field?

You'd have to ask him. I'd wonder more about what the Miami owner and GM felt about it though. Anyway, it was perceived as a concession by Ryan. This after Rex tells his team they had no chance after losing to the Steelers? And then Rex refuses to accept the directive to sit TT on Monday? After a season full of epic defensive collapses? Whaley and Pegula had a lot of grist for the firing mill, that's for sure.

You'd have to ask him. I'd wonder more about what the Miami owner and GM felt about it though. Anyway, it was perceived as a concession by Ryan. This after Rex tells his team they had no chance after losing to the Steelers? And then Rex refuses to accept the directive to sit TT on Monday? After a season full of epic defensive collapses? Whaley and Pegula had a lot of grist for the firing mill, that's for sure.

Whether you like or dislike Rex:

How is it possible to believe this new leak about Rex supposedly telling the team we had no chance a few weeks ago. As recently as last week (when hardly anyone said we had a chance), Rex said for all the world to hear that we had a "puncher's chance"???

This does not pass the smell test.

This seems like another leak to discredit Rex.

As for the punting bit, so many people here and in the media trashed Rex for punting. I could defend either decision. It is ironic that the team that won the game and who gave up more yards than the Bills did on defense actually punted in OUR end of the field.

Yes, yes. He's too busy and he had zero input.

Slow clap.

Do you HONESTLY think sports reporters are jealous of Russ Brandon?? I guarantee you that they are not. Sheesh!

I don't know if they are, but i am.

World Series ring.

President of my two favorite sports teams.

He gets paid for doing what we like to talk about in our spare time.

Yes, I am jealous of Russ.

Yes, yes. He's too busy and he had zero input.

Slow clap.

What didn't you understand about "I'm sure he suggested it?"

Whaley wasn't in a position to fire Rex Ryan because Ryan didn't report to him. Pretty simple concept. Not sure why it's a point of contention for some.

Look out, Sully, the Peggulibles have their pitchforks out!

It's adorable that some folks seem to gravitate toward name-calling as though it brings some type of insight to the discussion.

That's why Sullivan is a hack...if he can't call people names and sling insults he doesn't have content.

When I took journalism classes in college, we always said there's a term for folks that can make a compelling argument without insults and name-calling: "journalists".

As for the punting bit, so many people here and in the media trashed Rex for punting. I could defend either decision. It is ironic that the team that won the game and who gave up more yards than the Bills did on defense actually punted in OUR end of the field.

Did they punt with 4 minutes left in overtime when a tie eliminated them?

And for the record, I was relieved when the Dolphins decided to punt. That should tell you something.

It's adorable that some folks seem to gravitate toward name-calling as though it brings some type of insight to the discussion.

That's why Sullivan is a hack...if he can't call people names and sling insults he doesn't have content.

When I took journalism classes in college, we always said there's a term for folks that can make a compelling argument without insults and name-calling: "journalists".

Uh, Sullivan has worked at The Buffalo News for many years, so I can safely call him a journalist. You, apparently, took journalism courses but failed to get a job.

Uh, Sullivan has worked at The Buffalo News for many years, so I can safely call him a journalist. You, apparently, took journalism courses but failed to get a job.

Oh look, name-calling...shocking.

And a great argument to boot!

No, I took journalism as a series of electives because I liked writing. My major was civil engineering (and since I appreciate your concern about my job status, you can rest assured that I not only got a job before I graduated and remain gainfully employed with that firm, but I also run a health and wellness company).

If you have an issue with my opinion, feel free to show me why the columnist you so ardently defend compares favorably to his peers.

Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.

With regard to outside perception, here is Tom Curran from NE . Like it or not, perception actually does matter, and pretending it doesn't is the equivalent of whistling past the graveyard.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-mcdaniels-should-be-choosy-about-his-next-job

"Meanwhile, Whaley’s been a phantom when it comes to facing the music as to what’s gone wrong in Buffalo which is an awful look for any prospective head coach. It’s a tacit announcement that the team is operating behind a veil and the guy who’ll take the arrows from the media is the one who’s coaching the team not the one assembling it."