Bills are a joke of an organization

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No was just talking his draft picks reason i used shady because thats why Kiko isnt on team.

EJ

Woods - S

Kiko - Shady

Goodwin - Slot

Gragg - IR

Meeks - S

Dustin Hopkins - Cut Kicker in Washington

Duke Williams - Cut

Watkins - S

CK - BU LT

Brown - S

Cokrell - Cut Starts on Steelers

Richardson - Cut

Johnson - Cut

Henderson - suspended

Darby - S

Miller - S

K Williams - got fat

Stewart - Cut

O'Leary - S

Dez Lewis

Shaq - Heavy playing time

Ragland - IR

Washington - S

Jones

WIlliams

Listenbee - NFi

Seymour- heavy playing time

So thats 9 starters, 1 starter flipped for Shady, 2 play in rotation, 5 BU, 3 hurt or suspended, 1 Got Fat, 6 cuts (2 start for other teams)

So 28 picks and 17 that contributed this year with 3 hurt or susoended

Bet that is pretty close to most GMs

Bobby,

Thanks for making the list.....

What I find interesting is he has some real gems in this group and that doesnt even count Lawson and Ragland

For instance

Kujo.....found a way to stay with the team and now actually is making a case that maybe you could start him at LT and move Cordy to RT to get the best 5 on the field.....that is a real conversation

Henderson....his desease and his maui wowi consumption should not really be held against Whaley....his job is to find talent and he found a starting caliber OL in the later rounds

Bobby,

Thanks for making the list.....

What I find interesting is he has some real gems in this group and that doesnt even count Lawson and Ragland

For instance

Kujo.....found a way to stay with the team and now actually is making a case that maybe you could start him at LT and move Cordy to RT to get the best 5 on the field.....that is a real conversation

Henderson....his desease and his maui wowi consumption should not really be held against Whaley....his job is to find talent and he found a starting caliber OL in the later rounds

Good Draft 3 years later 3 starters that is an excepted measure so he has 2 drafts 3 years removed both have 3 starters Edited by MAJBobby

Well its awesome because everyone wants to put all past GM failures in draft on Whaley too

Yeah, that was something I totes didn't understand. As I understood it, Graham's critique rested on the Bills having 41 draft choices on the roster (counting IR I think), which is the lowest in the league or something.

Therefore Whaley is terrible as a GM.

There have been 3 drafts with Whaley as GM (2014,2015,2016). In those 3 drafts, there have been 20 picks. Maybe tab Whaley for 3 or 4 picks that he traded, 24. It doesn't take a math genius to see you can't get a roster of 53 players with 24 picks.

So why is Whaley responsible for how many of the draft picks of previous GMs? It gets so complicated. Apparently Whaley doesn't get credit for trading Sheppard for Hughes, but he does get blame for drafting EJ Manuel, but it's not clear he gets credit for Kiko Alonso who turned into McCoy, or for McCoy. I can't keep it straight.

Let's just blame Whaley for everything. Concussion protocols, I'ma gonna blame Whaley for that.

Yeah, and again, the Bills traded Kelvin Sheppard, who they drafted, for Jerry Hughes.

Again I only looked at Doug Whaleys Drafts. EJ draft on.

Shepard wasnt HIS pick so didnt use it in my breakdown of Whaley Drafts.

Yeah, that was something I totes didn't understand. As I understood it, Graham's critique rested on the Bills having 41 draft choices on the roster (counting IR I think), which is the lowest in the league or something.

Therefore Whaley is terrible as a GM.

There have been 3 drafts with Whaley as GM (2014,2015,2016). In those 3 drafts, there have been 20 picks. Maybe tab Whaley for 3 or 4 picks that he traded, 24. It doesn't take a math genius to see you can't get a roster of 53 players with 24 picks.

So why is Whaley responsible for how many of the draft picks of previous GMs? It gets so complicated. Apparently Whaley doesn't get credit for trading Sheppard for Hughes, but he does get blame for drafting EJ Manuel, but it's not clear he gets credit for Kiko Alonso who turned into McCoy, or for McCoy. I can't keep it straight.

Let's just blame Whaley for everything. Concussion protocols, I'ma gonna blame Whaley for that.

He has made 28 picks. And 17 of those picks contributed this year (Starter, BU, Rotational) for the Bills (used Kiko being flipped for shady in that list).

2 others were starting for other teams (Cockrell and Hopkins no Kiko because that pick was counted above with Shady), 3 hurt or Suspended.

6 cut - One being Karlos Williams because he thought he was a NT not a RB this offseason.

Edited by MAJBobby

You know Bobby, when you're not crapping on Tyrod, and posting jibberish you can bring it . Good post!

Thanks i actually do know what I think i know at times. Appreciate it. Not always the bad guy.

I wonder if the season ticket holders are laughing? No joke!

Well this one is at the Bills Media not the Bills Edited by MAJBobby

No was just talking his draft picks reason i used shady because thats why Kiko isnt on team.

EJ

Woods - Starter

Kiko - Shady

Goodwin - Slot

Gragg - IR

Meeks - Starter

Dustin Hopkins - Cut Kicker in Washington

Duke Williams - Cut

Watkins - Starter

CK - BU LT

Brown - Starter

Cokrell - Cut Starts on Steelers

Richardson - Cut. on the Bears practice squad.

Johnson - Cut, now on NYJ roster

Henderson - suspended

Darby - Starter

Miller - Starter

K Williams - got fat, Cut. signed by Steelers, now suspended 10 games

Stewart - Cut IR, released from IR, now IR from Saints.

O'Leary - Starter

Dez Lewis PS, now on roster

Shaq - Heavy playing time

Ragland - IR

Washington - Starter

Jones

WIlliams

Listenbee - NFi

Seymour- heavy playing time

So thats 9 starters, 1 starter flipped for Shady, 2 play in rotation, 5 BU, 3 hurt or suspended, 1 Got Fat, 6 cuts (2 start for other teams)

So 28 picks and 17 that contributed this year with 3 hurt or suspended

Bet that is pretty close to most GMs

Thats just the Picks

Is UFAs are just as good if not better

Good post. I will tender you a public apology because with all the TT hatin' I thought you were just a troll, and this proves you're not. So...apology.

Typically the success rate for a 1st round pick, just becoming a solid is about 50%, falls off to 20-30% in the later rounds. Whaley is doing OK so far.

Not figured into the mix - whether or not it's admitted, GMs do most definitely draft players with the coaches' scheme in mind. I think the Bills liked LB Stewart and Johnson, and Whaley would have liked to do the "linebacker U" Pittsburg development thing where you draft LB late, stash them on PS and ST a couple years to develop, and get a constant stream of good LB fairly cheap. But they simply didn't work for Rex so Turkturk. Cyril Richardson was a pick in the Doug Marrone mould of guard (big hulking behemoths at 6'5", 330) - change OL scheme and coach, no longer a fit, out.

Coaching and scheme change is IMO a major reason why the Bills don't have more draft picks on their roster. Change the coach, and the player personnel guys have no choice but to cut ties with the draftees who no longer fit and try to fill the gaps with FA.

I'm not saying Whaley is all that and a bag of chips, but he's not the poor performer some people like to make him out to be. The overall talent level on the Bills roster rose under Nix and is still IMO rising under Whaley.

Good post. I will tender you a public apology because with all the TT hatin' I thought you were just a troll, and this proves you're not. So...apology.

Typically the success rate for a 1st round pick, just becoming a solid is about 50%, falls off to 20-30% in the later rounds. Whaley is doing OK so far.

Not figured into the mix - whether or not it's admitted, GMs do most definitely draft players with the coaches' scheme in mind. I think the Bills liked LB Stewart and Johnson, and Whaley would have liked to do the "linebacker U" Pittsburg development thing where you draft LB late, stash them on PS and ST a couple years to develop, and get a constant stream of good LB fairly cheap. But they simply didn't work for Rex so Turkturk. Cyril Richardson was a pick in the Doug Marrone mould of guard (big hulking behemoths at 6'5", 330) - change OL scheme and coach, no longer a fit, out.

Coaching and scheme change is IMO a major reason why the Bills don't have more draft picks on their roster. Change the coach, and the player personnel guys have no choice but to cut ties with the draftees who no longer fit and try to fill the gaps with FA.

I'm not saying Whaley is all that and a bag of chips, but he's not the poor performer some people like to make him out to be. The overall talent level on the Bills roster rose under Nix and is still IMO rising under Whaley.

Completely Agree. Look at the skill sets on defense drafted you can see the move between 3-4, 4-3, 3-4

Good thing this last draft really doesnt hurt a transition back to a 4-3 (well question mark on Ragland)

Shaq 4-3 DE in college

Washington 3 Tech DT in college.

Appreciate the kudos and edits (i knew they were not starting so just tracked em as cuts). Really only cared about the players we Cut that are starting elswhere.

Man why did Hopkins have to be hurt his Rookie year.

Agree if i really took the time and look at every signing he made with the draft picks i am guessing he his hitting at 50% or higher.

He is clearly better at gettinf players already in the league (makes sense being director or pro personnel for So long.)

And to be honest all you all are really the only reason I softened my stance on the option made alot of good arguments

Edited by MAJBobby

Appreciate the kudos and edits (i knew they were not starting so just tracked em as cuts). Really only cared about the players we Cut that are starting elswhere.

Understood. I thought the point worth making was that even our cut players who aren't starting are mostly still in the game.

Time was, the Bills cut a player and he was home on the couch watching TV, no other team had a use for him.

Now other teams poke through our scrap bin and take pieces home on a regular basis.

Understood. I thought the point worth making was that even our cut players who aren't starting are mostly still in the game.

Time was, the Bills cut a player and he was home on the couch watching TV, no other team had a use for him.

Now other teams poke through our scrap bin and take pieces home on a regular basis.

True organization was talent starved for years. That really hasnt been the case anymore.

Bills players leave via Cut or UFA they are starting elsewhere. Our RFAs are getting offersheeted. This team has talent. Yes they have holes but doesnt every team really

One thing is for sure, the Bills are a joke of an organization. The fed Anthony Lynn to the wolves today and he stumbled over the question about EJ playing, which he had to back track as he tried not to throw his employers under the bus. The way they leaked info to the media weeks ago about Rex getting fired is embarrassing. What respectable coach would want to work for an organization that does things like that to their employees? The only thing different between the Bills and Browns are their win/loss record, otherwise both organizations are poorly managed and do the most asinine things.

I have zero confidence that whoever the Bills hire as HC will be able to make it to the playoffs. How long do you give the Pegula's to finally blow everything up like they did with the Sabres and clean house (meaning Whaley & his HC get canned)?

I'm going with less than two full seasons.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You think the BIlls leaked that they were going to be firing Rex...before the team was eliminated from playoff contention? So if the Bills had made the playoffs, they'd still have fired him?

Look, I get you're frustrated, but use some common sense.

Did you see what happened with the players during that Steeler game? It's like the gave up once they heard the news that Ryan was going to be fired. Someone in the FO didn't want to see Ryan succeed and basically submarined Ryan by letting that info slip to the media.

It kinda tells me it was Doug Whaley as it was stated that he wanted to see what Cardale Jones could do as the starter. Probably thinking that he had another Dak Prescott.

"According to NFL sources, coach Rex Ryan and General Manager Doug Whaley are at odds over the future of quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Ryan wants Taylor to remain the Bills' starter for the balance of this season and beyond, the sources said, while Whaley would like to see rookie Cardale Jones start the final three games after Sunday's clash with the Pittsburgh Steelers."

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that the Bills could fire Ryan as early as Monday, depending on the outcome of the Pittsburgh game."

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/11/power-struggle-behind-bills-potential-coaching-change/

There must be some smooth talking going on in the FO to the owners for Doug Whaley to keep his job. JMO

Thanks i actually do know what I think i know at times. Appreciate it. Not always the bad guy.

Well this one is at the Bills Media not the Bills

You and Whaley seem to have the same vision in Tyrod and now you are defending Whaley with almost the same fervor you bashed Tyrod. Are you Doug Whaley or do you work for a PR firm handling Social Media for the Bills?

If I thought the Bills were as big of a joke as you did, I won't waste my time here and find other things to do.

No one is happy with how the last couple years have gone but they have won 9,8, & 7 games. Let's not pretend like it's the Browns we are rooting for. If anything, firing a coach after 8 & 7 wins shows how high expectations are for the first time in forever.

Yep. Totally agree.

And it shows the Pegulas want to build a winner NOW. They are willing to eat millions of dollars, money coming directly out of their pocket and thrown away - in order to build a winner. That is hardcore commitment. They will get there. The owners are the epitome of success and they are going to make this football team one too. Just watch.