Can we re-negotiate Tyrod's contract?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I've gotten an answer on this yet: can Whaley re-negotiate Tyrod's contract if the contract already guarantees him $27 million next year? I mean, it's a contract.

You can.

Hey Tyrod we want you back but have to relook this contract if you dont want to redo it we are not picking option.

Then up to player to decide to do it

You can.

Hey Tyrod we want you back but have to relook this contract if you dont want to redo it we are not picking option.

Then up to player to decide to do it

Last time I checked, a contract is an agreement which includes offer, acceptance, consideration and performance. Although some question Tyrod's performance, he played all year. Consideration was demonstrated between payment of salary and playing QB. I don't think they can change the terms of the contract now. Tyrod could sue for breach of contract I bet.

Last time I checked, a contract is an agreement which includes offer, acceptance, consideration and performance. Although some question Tyrod's performance, he played all year. Consideration was demonstrated between payment of salary and playing QB. I don't think they can change the terms of the contract now. Tyrod could sue for breach of contract I bet.

Umm nope

But nice attempt not getting into an IR return vs PUP discussion again

With the 2014 Shwartz D, Bills have 2 playoff appearances and most likely an AFC CG appearance with this TT led O.

For sure, the drought would be over.

And in my little fantasy scenario, Bills should still be drafting a QB every draft - 3/4 rd.

What about pinky swear oaths?

Now thats is a different story.

Please tell me we didnt pinky swear with Tyrod

Yes we could've also not given him a $6M raise this year and a ludicrous $27.5M option next year if we want to keep him. Unfortunately, the guy who gave him that assinine deal is out looking for our new HC.

Might want to reas the OverTheCap article i posted

Yes we could've also not given him a $6M raise this year and a ludicrous $27.5M option next year if we want to keep him. Unfortunately, the guy who gave him that assinine deal is out looking for our new HC.

Why is it so crazy to think the quarterback who had the 8th highest passer rating in 2015 and currently the 17th highest and has led the Bills to the 8th rated offense in the league this season would deserve a salary with a cap hit that is only 20th in the league among quarterbacks?

I hope you're joking?? I mean someone with over 11,000 posts can't be this ignorant about basic NFL football contracts can you??

You are however 100% correct, contracts can't be broken and TT could sue for breach of contract. Except for one little tiny problem. All the bills have to do is say, we're now cutting you prior to I believe it's 3 days after the start of the new calendar year and there is no contract that was broken. It no longer exists and everyone goes their merry way. Well TT goes his merry way with slightly lighter pockets.

I hope you're joking?? I mean someone with over 11,000 posts can't be this ignorant about basic NFL football contracts can you??

You are however 100% correct, contracts can't be broken and TT could sue for breach of contract. Except for one little tiny problem. All the bills have to do is say, we're now cutting you prior to I believe it's 3 days after the start of the new calendar year and there is no contract that was broken. It no longer exists and everyone goes their merry way. Well TT goes his merry way with slightly lighter pockets.

:lol: :lol:

OK you are technically correct, but prior to the date they need to exercise the option they can talk informally with TT, "we need to redo the contact to this amount, will you agree?" If yes then the Bills void the contract so for about five minutes he's a FA, then they sign the new one already agreed to.

Now it would be possible, during that five minutes, TT could say Ha Ha fooled you, I'm not signing it, but that doesn't happen at this level as an agent isn't going to lose all credibility

NO....

you either exercise the team option or you don't.

if you choose NOT to , then TT becomes an UFA....at which time you can then make a new offer.

Most of my 11000 posts are just a bunch of "this" and "I agree". I didn't see this question raised (about whether our GM thought about paying Tyrod less money) so thanks for clarifying what I originally thought - that we could be in trouble if we don't pay the man. I'm sure Pegula has good attorneys but they shouldn't have been put in this situation.