Matt Moore?

LA Grant

I'm not necessarily convinced the team should move on from Rex & Tyrod, BUT if they do... I'm remembering that after Marrone & Orton left, my original hopes were for Darren Bevell and Matt Moore.

Considering how Moore has looked starting in place of Tanny the last two games — how would you feel about pursuing him in the offseason?

He's under contract so you'd need to trade for him but assuming he could be had for a 3rd round pick, I think he would be a good investment.

He's 32 but that isn't as old as it used to be, especially for QBs, and especially for someone who's been a career back-up. If he works out, I think you have 5 good years with him while you find the next franchise guy. Not to mention 5 good years would be more than the Bills have had from the QB position since 1996.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is no difgerent than Tyrod needs other players to carry the game.

Now would be cheaper than TT

Not really sure what Moore did to win that game. He was barely pressured and they ran the ball at will. A few of the big plays were short throws with the WR making the play helped by horrible defensive tackling. I wasn't at all impressed with him

So very similar to out current QB at 1/3rd the cost

So what is your solution? Rather than spewing out your dislike of Taylor on every single thread - give us an intelligent option. Draft? Free Agent? Trade?

Right now (IMHO) Tyrod is our best short term option, unless C. Jones has an amazing camp next year.

So what is your solution? Rather than spewing out your dislike of Taylor on every single thread - give us an intelligent option. Draft? Free Agent? Trade?

Right now (IMHO) Tyrod is our best short term option, unless C. Jones has an amazing camp next year.

I'm pretty sure we're watching a mental breakdown unfold. To be fair it's the Bills fault.

I have many times. But this was about Matt Moore and how similar he is to our current QB

But draft me Mahomes in the 2nd and start him.

I dont lose to many points (if he plays like Wentz) i lose a total of 14EPA over the course of the year.

I know i improve passing and now have a more balanced Offense.

I also have the QB on a Rookie deal not a 16M cap his so i can improve team as well.

And i have a QB with growth room not one at ceiling.

Renegotiate Tyrod. Fire everyone that negotiated the first one. Draft a QB every year. Guys like Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Orton are not the answer. You get someone like EJ and you see they suck then get someone the next year.

Tyrod would be a fool to renegotiate. Despite the opinion of a certain core group here, Taylor would be the most in-demand free agent a would would easily get a deal north of $20MM/yr. Easily!

Yawn.... You really expect all of us to believe that you truly don't understand what Taylor actually brings to the QB position that guys like Moore just don't have? Come on man, you're TT **** is tired. Moore and Taylor aren't even in the same stratosphere and you damn well know that. Taylor helps make our offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend due to his athleticism. He forces defenses to keep a hat on him every single snap. When they fail to do that, he usually burns them bad. Is he the traditional pocket passer that every team in the NFL strives for? Hell no. Is he a better option than Moore or anyone else available to us at the moment? A resounding yes!

I've been beating the Matt Moore drum for years, but it might be too late. He'd be an upgrade over Tyrod, but so will most QBs and if we're going to go old, I'd rather go with someone better than Moore.

Yawn.... You really expect all of us to believe that you truly don't understand what Taylor actually brings to the QB position that guys like Moore just don't have? Come on man, you're TT **** is tired. Moore and Taylor aren't even in the same stratosphere and you damn well know that. Taylor helps make our offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend due to his athleticism. He forces defenses to keep a hat on him every single snap. When they fail to do that, he usually burns them bad. Is he the traditional pocket passer that every team in the NFL strives for? Hell no. Is he a better option than Moore or anyone else available to us at the moment? A resounding yes!

Explain how TT is any different than Moore

Here i will help you Legs (thats it).

Guess what Moore is a better passer so its a wash.

Now try again

I have many times. But this was about Matt Moore and how similar he is to our current QB

But draft me Mahomes in the 2nd and start him.

I dont lose to many points (if he plays like Wentz) i lose a total of 14EPA over the course of the year.

I know i improve passing and now have a more balanced Offense.

I also have the QB on a Rookie deal not a 16M cap his so i can improve team as well.

And i have a QB with growth room not one at ceiling.

Mahomes hasn't declared yet. No guarantee they can draft him if he does. Though he would be a good QB to take a chance on if they could get him.

Edited by purple haze

Tyrod would be a fool to renegotiate. Despite the opinion of a certain core group here, Taylor would be the most in-demand free agent a would would easily get a deal north of $20MM/yr. Easily!

Are you saying 20 million/year? I don't know about that. He will get a deal similar to what the Bills would be opting out of most likely. Which is just average starter money. But he would get it from some team. Jets/Browns/49ers/Bears come immediately to mind. Could be others depending on organizational philosophies on existing QB's, such as the Texans and Rams.