Tyrod Taylor - pick up the option

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I enjoy it. Just giving a legit and accurate statement is all that you can ask more from a QB.

No response to it so attack me instead

Dak

Carr

Romo

Brady

Rodgers

Wilson

Luck

Mariotta

Winston

Palmer

Brees

Flacco

Ryan

Ben

Manning

Manning

Yes you can do alot better than Taylor

Nut nah best of trash that Fans have seen on Bills so keep said trash and settle for not good enough

You do realize that half that list are QBs with more losses and worse stats that Taylor?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Nope get a score when it matters.

Buh bye.

4 losses

Sea - get a Score QB many top 15 do to close the game

Raiders - complete a pass QB stop giving 3 and outs and short fields when game on line

Ravens - Do something QB like really look like you belong

MIA - get a score when it matters QB you know the two cracks in OT you had

Have a better record than 1 or 2 wins QB when trailing by 4 points or more at any point in the game.

See can ask alot more from a QB

I don't think the Bills will see it this way. Ravens game was a product of Greg Romans curious play calling. He was dismissed after game 2, and the offense came alive. They will look at the offense in the last Miami game and see what is possible with Watkins, Clay, Woods ( or comparable WR) and McCoy on the field. Short of acquiring a proven QB a la Tony Romo, they will stick with the plan rather than go backwards. They probably feel they can quickly turn around the defense to 2014 level. That's easier and faster than finding an elite NFL QB. Can the Bills do better than Taylor at QB with someone actually available to them? There are one or two options, anyone else is an unknown. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't . I believe more and more that Tyrods option will be picked up.

You do realize that half that list are QBs with more losses and worse stats that Taylor?

Ooo we are talking a team stat again. All those QBs ever play with a Run Game like ours?

I don't think the Bills will see it this way. Ravens game was a product of Greg Romans curious play calling. He was dismissed after game 2, and the offense came alive. They will look at the offense in the last Miami game and see what is possible with Watkins, Clay, Woods ( or comparable WR) and McCoy on the field. Short of acquiring a proven QB a la Tony Romo, they will stick with the plan rather than go backwards. They probably feel they can quickly turn around the defense to 2014 level. That's easier and faster than finding an elite NFL QB. Can the Bills do better than Taylor at QB with someone actually available to them? There are one or two options, anyone else is an unknown. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't . I believe more and more that Tyrods option will be picked up.

And they will fail to make the playoffs again. Settleinf for not good enough doesnt end well

So we are going to let one game against Miami erase the 8 other games of total mediocrity? short memories.....

I don't think us fans will let the MIA game erase the others. But it has to be acknowledged that missing Sammy and Woods and Clay had a major impact . Taylor is not a top QB that can elevate the talent level around him. The Bills know that, and they know he was working literally with WRs off the scrap heap. They could swing a trade for a top QB , but there aren't many available . They will draft another QB but he won't start. So the effort will be to turn the defense around and find a reliable kicker.

Ooo we are talking a team stat again. All those QBs ever play with a Run Game like ours?

And they will fail to make the playoffs again. Settleinf for not good enough doesnt end well

As long as Tom Brady is in the East and playing well, this is likely to be the case. If Matt Ryan or Rodgers becomes available, I'm sure the Bills would listen.

I don't think us fans will let the MIA game erase the others. But it has to be acknowledged that missing Sammy and Woods and Clay had a major impact . Taylor is not a top QB that can elevate the talent level around him. The Bills know that, and they know he was working literally with WRs off the scrap heap. They could swing a trade for a top QB , but there aren't many available . They will draft another QB but he won't start. So the effort will be to turn the defense around and find a reliable kicker.

As long as Tom Brady is in the East and playing well, this is likely to be the case. If Matt Ryan or Rodgers becomes available, I'm sure the Bills would listen.

It also HAS to be acknowledged Clay only missed one game. Has been open all season.

Also has to be acknowledged other WRs not names Watkins or Woods have been open all season.

I think after his performance Saturday Tyrod Taylor gets another year with the Bills. I know we are going to owe him some money, but if the Pagulas don't have a problem axing Rex with 3 years worth of contract to go, why not give Taylor some more money?

I started going over the losses this season and cannot find anything that stands out to say Tyrod single-handed loss the game for us! Our Defense is guilty for 90 percent of the losses, not Taylor! If the blame is on Taylor, then it's the poor plays being sent in! (Example: Reggie Bush Reverse)

Maybe if Clay is more part or the game-plan, some new receivers show up and Watkins stays off of IR, then the Offense can be a little more consistent. Hell, we've got the Number 1 Rushing Attack!!!!!

I know TT makes some horrible throws, but at least they sail over the receiver's hands and not into the hands of defenders. He needs to improve a lot, no argument there!

Go Bills!!!!!

Reggie Bush reverse might have been the worse call of the entire season.

Reggie Bush being here was a bad move. TT has also had a lot of sacks due to line play. He doesn't make game changing plays with interceptions. He had poor receivers. I like the guy and he should stay. Going into his third year as a starter will be good for him and the team.

Reggie Bush being here was a bad move. TT has also had a lot of sacks due to line play. He doesn't make game changing plays with interceptions. He had poor receivers. I like the guy and he should stay. Going into his third year as a starter will be good for him and the team.

He also has alot of sacks because of himself.

Doesnt make game changing plays on positive side either

Cant find them WR when they are open anyway poor or elite

6 years in NFL same college player

First let me point out the ongoing irony on this board.

people here cant help but marry themselves to a guy after a good game or two and wont give up on him then suddenly turn on them as hes run out of buffalo or basically outed as a bust by local media. ie Trint, Mario, SJ, EJ etc

that being said ive been on the fence about taylor never completely blasting him, offering tempered hope at times but now will reveal my official stance on him...

QB attributes I see in Taylor...

arm strength- check

deep ball- check

uses the sideline-married to it but currently separated

uses the middle- FINALLY!

throws with touch- average

accuracy- improves as season continues

throws pics- rarely

fumbles when hit- never

panics and throws ball over head on fourth down- never

uses legs well- best in the league

throws 3 yard passes on third and long- way too often

vocal leader- doesnt need to be, you see how this guy dresses?

Taylor is good, not great, but a weapon at least as good as michael vick was ever imagined to be and now that he is using the middle of the field and his tight-end we see what a tightwad can do when he spends a little cash. I see him actually as a younger more potent version of Flutie. Flutie had a stellar D to work with and got us into the playoffs, Taylor has the "Ryan wrecks" defense.

Flutie left the bills after throwing 3tds and no pics having a 158.3 qbr against the seahawks on dec 23 of 2000 leaving the bills with an 8-8 record in a year where johnson wasted half the season. similarly, Taylor threw 3 tds, and no pics a 115 qbr in possibly his last game in buffalo. I was sad that xmas when Flutie left, I would be sad if Taylor left on the same note.

why wait to start over or get an aging vet when we have a guy in house for decent money whos worse attributes are his reads on third down? that can be fixed by coaching and experience. Andrew Luck he'll never be but Luck will never run like Tightwad and I dont see us drafting 1st overall anytime soon either.

Therefore Ive decided then to make a call to the FO directing them to pick up the option...

Merry xmas everybody.

Excellent post.

With a good defense, this team as it sits right now would be a dominant force in the NFL and would challenge the Patriots for this division as well as the conference.

But they're not because this defense is fundamentally pathetic. Every year it is something unfortunately. This year is defense. What will it be next year?

Yep mantra of Bills for 17 years

Fix defense QB good enough

Fix OL QB good enough

Fix WR can win with this QB

And yet 17 year later repeating the same stuff with a QB not good enough.

If only we had a top 10 passing QB that was good enough to overcome the issues rest of the team like the myriad of quarterbacks who did it in 2016.

You know, top 10 passing yard QBs who made the playoffs like Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins, Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, and Carson Palmer.

I feel bad for the teams starting QBs like Alex Smith, Tom Savage, Ryan Tannehill. Clearly these AFC teams won't have a chance until they find someone better.

If we can just go sign a guy like Hoyer, we'll finally have one of those top tier QBs that can lead us to the playoffs.

Yeah, that didn't sound crazy at all.

Curious, MAJBobby.

What QB's are:

1) Available.

2) Demonstrably Better.

3) Willing to come to Buffalo

By your logic dumping Taylor will improve the team. Sorry, but that is just half of the equation. Who would you REASONABLY expect the Bills to bring in that will provide an upgrade?

Example: Tony Romo

1)Available? Yeah. Will likely be a cap casualty in Dallas and command a HUGE salary on the FA market.

2)Better? If he can stay healthy, then yes. Huge IF though. Romo has played in just 4 of the last 32 games.

3)Willing to come to Buffalo. Honestly, I don't know. If the money is right, I suppose, and as in #1, bidding will be fierce.

So, MAJBobby, who do you have? Make a strong case that your guy will be better than Taylor.

I have been on the fence regarding TT this year. After looking at his stats over the last 2 years, a strong case can be made for retaining him by picking up his option.

TT QBR for 2016 to date is 89.6. That ranks him 17th. A solid mid level starting qb. He is rated ahead of Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, Brock Osweiler, and the over paid Fitzmagic plus others.

Other 2016 TT statistics

In AFC conference games, TT ranks 16th with a QBR of 90.2

If you look at home games, TT QBR is96.5 and ranks him 13th.

Division games TT QBR is 95.4 and is ranked 11th.

Over the last four games (Raiders, Steelers, Browns, Fins) TT has a QBR of 94.3

Over the last 2 games (Browns and Fins) TT has a QBR of 113.4 which ranks him 6th.

More recently, TT has been throwing over the middle and his ability to finding open receivers has shown improvement.

I do not believe you can look at TT's total passing yards Y-T-D as an accurate comparison to other qbs. The "Ground and Pound" has limited the potential for racking up big yards per game. Also, with a decimated WR corp, any qb can only do so much.

Comparing 2016 with 2015, yes his completion percentage and QBR is down, but is total passing yards 3,023 with one game remaining vs 3,035, Net passing yards 2,831 vs 2,823 and interceptions 4 vs 9, are improvements.

TT is showing improvements in many areas of his game. He has a long way to go, but considering that we have few better options for QB in 2017 I believe we should retain him going forward by either picking up his option or renegotiating his contract.

People on this board speak about continuity, Well having continuity at quarterback is a good start.

Philadelphia kept Sam Bradford aroud even though they knew they were going in another direction. They knew he had value and they got a 1st round pick from Minnesota. I think Denver would jump all over Tyrod if he were free on the market. Denver may be willing to part with a high round pick. Just a thought.

THis really does not have to be a black and white answer......

They should keep TT

AND

THey should draft a QB

Is there any doubt that Tyrod had some regression in his game this year? I am a card carrying member of the COT and I say he regressed this year......still the head of a snake that was 7th in scoring points in the NFL.....a league low in turning the ball over........his receivers barely played together......

but

Why not hedge your bet? Draft a kid with potential.

I have been on the fence regarding TT this year. After looking at his stats over the last 2 years, a strong case can be made for retaining him by picking up his option.

TT QBR for 2016 to date is 89.6. That ranks him 17th. A solid mid level starting qb. He is rated ahead of Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, Brock Osweiler, and the over paid Fitzmagic plus others.

Other 2016 TT statistics

In AFC conference games, TT ranks 16th with a QBR of 90.2

If you look at home games, TT QBR is96.5 and ranks him 13th.

Division games TT QBR is 95.4 and is ranked 11th.

Over the last four games (Raiders, Steelers, Browns, Fins) TT has a QBR of 94.3

Over the last 2 games (Browns and Fins) TT has a QBR of 113.4 which ranks him 6th.

More recently, TT has been throwing over the middle and his ability to finding open receivers has shown improvement.

I do not believe you can look at TT's total passing yards Y-T-D as an accurate comparison to other qbs. The "Ground and Pound" has limited the potential for racking up big yards per game. Also, with a decimated WR corp, any qb can only do so much.

Comparing 2016 with 2015, yes his completion percentage and QBR is down, but is total passing yards 3,023 with one game remaining vs 3,035, Net passing yards 2,831 vs 2,823 and interceptions 4 vs 9, are improvements.

TT is showing improvements in many areas of his game. He has a long way to go, but considering that we have few better options for QB in 2017 I believe we should retain him going forward by either picking up his option or renegotiating his contract.

People on this board speak about continuity, Well having continuity at quarterback is a good start.

Bills are crazy to not bring him back. I'm bringing him back and I'm also continually looking to improve at QB. That means drafting Deshaun Watson and edveloping him, and that means developing C.Jones further. When one shows enough to rerplace TT, so be it. But, not until, and the other options in FA are not excting to me.