Tyrod Taylor - pick up the option

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deshaun Watson
Will give you same play rookie year (with growth room)
Yep will come to Buffalo

Mitch Trubinksy
Will give tou same play rookie year (with growth room)
Yep will come to Buffalo

Patrick Mahomes
Will give you similar play as rookie (with growth room)
Yep will come to Buffalo

So, your answer is 3 rookie QBs including 2 likely high 1st rounders? WOW. News flash: This is not a great QB Draft Class.

Watson: Has good overall skills, but durability a huge question. ACL, broken collarbone, broken hand off the top of my head. Can he take an NFL hit? Trouble recognizing pressure. Subpar deep ball. Will likely be gone but the time our pick rolls around..

Trubitsky: Mechanics a question and tends to float balls to the sidelines. Accuracy suspect. Works in a fast-release offense where he does not have to go through his reads. Will be gone by the time our pick comes around, so NO, he will not come to Buffalo.

Mahomes. Has never played in an NFL style offense and is not required to read the whole field. Mechanics and footwork are in questions. Crappy touch and deep ball. A project. Deonstrably better? NO. Has potential, yes, but he is a project.

Try again, MAJBobby.

What part if History of Bills says that they are gonna guarantee 2017 and 2018 to a QB and bring in meaningful competition. Nah they will draft a late round long term project

I get the cut TT and save the $$ for the next man up, I just don't buy the idea that you know one of those guys is the next JK.Unless you can, you just keep falling into the trap of mediocrity. You either have to be dead sure, or keep looking while you slug it out on the ground.

Also, for goodness sakes, get an O line that can pass protect and then an offense that says I'm gonna pass it.

Deshaun Watson

Will give you same play rookie year (with growth room)

Yep will come to Buffalo

Mitch Trubinksy

Will give tou same play rookie year (with growth room)

Yep will come to Buffalo

Patrick Mahomes

Will give you similar play as rookie (with growth room)

Yep will come to Buffalo

So, your answer is 3 rookie QBs including 2 likely high 1st rounders? WOW. News flash: This is not a great QB Draft Class.

Watson: Has good overall skills, but durability a huge question. ACL, broken collarbone, broken hand off the top of my head. Can he take an NFL hit? Trouble recognizing pressure. Subpar deep ball. Will likely be gone but the time our pick rolls around..

Trubitsky: Mechanics a question and tends to float balls to the sidelines. Accuracy suspect. Works in a fast-release offense where he does not have to go through his reads. Will be gone by the time our pick comes around, so NO, he will not come to Buffalo.

Mahomes. Has never played in an NFL style offense and is not required to read the whole field. Mechanics and footwork are in questions. Crappy touch and deep ball. A project. Deonstrably better? NO. Has potential, yes, but he is a project.

Try again, MAJBobby.

Said same thing about Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, Mariotta and Winston.

Always the easy go to excuse when you dont want to explain trying ti get better

And Trubinky would come to Buffalo if the organization actually has stones to move for their QB

Watson would come to Buffalo as well if you move up a big to secure him instead of watch Big Ben go a couple picks before yiu.

And again not going to explain it again. Put a Rookie in this offense and they can give me at keast the same handoff capablity and likelt better passing immediately

I get the cut TT and save the $$ for the next man up, I just don't buy the idea that you know one of those guys is the next JK.Unless you can, you just keep falling into the trap of mediocrity. You either have to be dead sure, or keep looking while you slug it out on the ground.

Also, for goodness sakes, get an O line that can pass protect and then an offense that says I'm gonna pass it.

So instead of taking a chance and maybe missing and being AVG and have to donit again you want to Settle of AVG with TT.

Really thats what your saying?

Get a QB that can get it out on time and not run into pressure and a QB that is accurate and maybe the OC will throw it more

Edited by MAJBobby

Said same thing about Dak Prescott, Derek Carr, Mariotta and Winston.

Always the easy go to excuse when you dont want to explain trying ti get better

And Trubinky would come to Buffalo if the organization actually has stones to move for their QB

Watson would come to Buffalo as well if you move up a big to secure him instead of watch Big Ben go a couple picks before yiu.

And again not going to explain it again. Put a Rookie in this offense and they can give me at keast the same handoff capablity and likelt better passing immediately

So instead of taking a chance and maybe missing and being AVG and have to donit again you want to Settle of AVG with TT.

Really thats what your saying?

Get a QB that can get it out on time and not run into pressure and a QB that is accurate and maybe the OC will throw it more

No, I don't think that's what I am saying. So you cut TT and draft anyone of your guys. You have no backup (forget EJ). Your guy tanks, and we are much less than AVG. Maybe that's not such a bad thing IF the 2018 QB class is loaded. Average I can deal with for a few more years. it's the lack of effort on some players I can't stand.

Nice discussion with you...I see what you are saying..I don't have any good answers.

Later!

No, I don't think that's what I am saying. So you cut TT and draft anyone of your guys. You have no backup (forget EJ). Your guy tanks, and we are much less than AVG. Maybe that's not such a bad thing IF the 2018 QB class is loaded. Average I can deal with for a few more years. it's the lack of effort on some players I can't stand.

Nice discussion with you...I see what you are saying..I don't have any good answers.

Later!

I still feel like there is some middle ground here

- draft a qb

- reopen a legit qb compeititon in the offseason between TT, C. Jones, and a draft pick

- let the cream rise to the top

Later!

Well I am not sure what i have in Cardale (not expecting much) but could be my BU or i could go get that standard Vet clipboard holder.

Guess my point is the way this offense is Built RIGHT Now with a healthy Shady (under 30) this is the perfect situation for that rookie QB.

I am not asking Rookie anything different right away than is asked for Taylor (Just dont lose us the game). Will he have to win a game or two eventually with his Arm sure he will but not many.

I guess what i am trying to explain is Russel Wilsons rookie year in Seattle.

I still feel like there is some middle ground here

- draft a qb

- reopen a legit qb compeititon in the offseason between TT, C. Jones, and a draft pick

- let the cream rise to the top

I will only advocate picking up Taylors option with this restructure.

None of the 2018 Money is guaranteed, that way it is a 1 year option and not a 2 year. And willing to even increase 2017 pay a bit to get my freedom.

MAJBobby, in typical Buffalo Bills fan fashion, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. Tyrod has done enough to keep his job, and he will be the #1 QB going into Training Camp. Save yourself the personal trauma and begin to mentally and emotionally accept this.

Happy New Year to all, and may the odds be ever in our Bills favor- in this new year

Edited by CSBill

MAJBobby, in typical Buffalo Bills fan fashion, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. Tyrod has done enough to keep his job, and he will be the #1 QB going into Training Camp. Save yourself the personal trauma and begin to mentally and emotionally accept this.

Happy Nee Yeats to all, and may the odds be ever in our Bills favor- in this new year

Ooo i know this believe me. There is a reason i stopped spending money on this Organization. With the exception of my seasons so i can flip em early when there is still hope in this fan base for a profit. Edited by MAJBobby

So here's the thing,you can make a case to keep Tyrod,you can make a case to get rid of Tyrod. So basically you have to decide if you want to pay 17 million a year (or whatever it is) or invest your cap space elsewhere.

And play who at QB? Cardale? Because if you get rid of Taylor and let EJ walk, he's all that's left, unless you count TE Logan Thomas. If not Cardale then you have to draft or sign and pay someone.

And play who at QB? Cardale? Because if you get rid of Taylor and let EJ walk, he's all that's left, unless you count TE Logan Thomas. If not Cardale then you have to draft or sign and pay someone.

Didnt know we play games immediately on the 4th day of the league year.

I think after his performance Saturday Tyrod Taylor gets another year with the Bills. I know we are going to owe him some money, but if the Pagulas don't have a problem axing Rex with 3 years worth of contract to go, why not give Taylor some more money?

I started going over the losses this season and cannot find anything that stands out to say Tyrod single-handed loss the game for us! Our Defense is guilty for 90 percent of the losses, not Taylor! If the blame is on Taylor, then it's the poor plays being sent in! (Example: Reggie Bush Reverse)

Maybe if Clay is more part or the game-plan, some new receivers show up and Watkins stays off of IR, then the Offense can be a little more consistent. Hell, we've got the Number 1 Rushing Attack!!!!!

I know TT makes some horrible throws, but at least they sail over the receiver's hands and not into the hands of defenders. He needs to improve a lot, no argument there!

Go Bills!!!!!

We can not win with his style of play, a QB has to be a passer first then a runner not the other way around.

I think the point he is tryiing to make is your gonna have to pay somebody (and going into a season with nothing but rookies is a mistake)

can you find a guy for cheaper.....I guess?

Cardale not a Rookie

Was it a mistake in Washington with Two Rookies

And yes can hire your professional clipboard holder (EJ likely gonna be one too) for a couple mil a year