uses the middle- FINALLY!

throws with touch- average

accuracy- improves as season continues

throws pics- rarely

fumbles when hit- never

panics and throws ball over head on fourth down- never

uses legs well- best in the league

throws 3 yard passes on third and long- way too often

vocal leader- doesnt need to be, you see how this guy dresses?

Taylor is good, not great, but a weapon at least as good as michael vick was ever imagined to be here and now that he is using the middle of the field and his tight-end we see what a tightwad can do when he spends a little cash. I see him actually as a younger more potent version of Flutie. Flutie had a stellar D to work with and got us into the playoffs, Taylor had the "Ryan wrecks" defense.

Flutie left the bills after throwing 3tds and no pics having a 158.3 qbr against the seahawks on dec 23 of 2000 leaving the bills with an 8-8 record in a year where johnson wasted half the season. similarly, Taylor threw 3 tds, and no pics a 115 qbr in possibly his last game in buffalo. I was sad that xmas when Flutie left, I would be sad if Taylor left on the same note.

why wait to start over or get an aging vet when we have a guy in house for decent money whos worse attributes are his reads on third down? that can be fixed by coaching and experience. Andrew Luck he'll never be but Luck will never run like Tightwad and I dont see us drafting 1st overall anytime soon either.

Edited by re enlightener

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post, that analysis would make me consider keeping Taylor around.

I would add:

consistency: inconsistent

intangibles: lacks (failed to finish many games, failed to bring the team back from a deficit, doesn't/can't audible)

IMO don't pick up option on Taylor but resign him to an incentive based contract then draft a QB (or 2) to sit for a year or two, and consider a free agent QB

Let's just say that TT and the offense has been good enough to get this team to the playoffs, something we haven't been able to say for a Bills QB for a long time. It's unreal to me that a defensive minded coach with Ryan's resume can come in and totally destroy our defense.

Let's just say that TT and the offense has been good enough to get this team to the playoffs, something we haven't been able to say for a Bills QB for a long time. It's unreal to me that a defensive minded coach with Ryan's resume can come in and totally destroy our defense.

Good enough battle cry. If they were good enough they would be in the playoffs.

I think after his performance Saturday Tyrod Taylor gets another year with the Bills. I know we are going to owe him some money, but if the Pagulas don't have a problem axing Rex with 3 years worth of contract to go, why not give Taylor some more money?

I started going over the losses this season and cannot find anything that stands out to say Tyrod single-handed loss the game for us! Our Defense is guilty for 90 percent of the losses, not Taylor! If the blame is on Taylor, then it's the poor plays being sent in! (Example: Reggie Bush Reverse)

Maybe if Clay is more part or the game-plan, some new receivers show up and Watkins stays off of IR, then the Offense can be a little more consistent. Hell, we've got the Number 1 Rushing Attack!!!!!

I know TT makes some horrible throws, but at least they sail over the receiver's hands and not into the hands of defenders. He needs to improve a lot, no argument there!

Go Bills!!!!!

Nope get a score when it matters.

Buh bye.

4 losses

Sea - get a Score QB many top 15 do to close the game

Raiders - complete a pass QB stop giving 3 and outs and short fields when game on line

Ravens - Do something QB like really look like you belong

MIA - get a score when it matters QB you know the two cracks in OT you had

Have a better record than 1 or 2 wins QB when trailing by 4 points or more at any point in the game.

See can ask alot more from a QB

Buh bye.

4 losses

Raiders - complete a pass QB stop giving 3 and outs and short fields when game on line

Have a better record than 1 or 2 wins QB when trailing by 4 points or more at any point in the game.

Dude your crusade is boring and getting tiresome to say the least. It's nonstop. Do you have any life at all?

Buh bye.

4 losses

Can say the same thing about the defense though. Get a stop when it matters. To dismantle the #4 ranked defense which was clearly the strength of the team and morph it into one of the bottom feeders is on Rex. For a defensive guru the offense this year should have been good enough to win with. With a full complement of players for the entire year it probably would have been better.

However, if the defense was at least average we wouldn't having this conversation and the Bills would be in the playoffs. Tyrod may not be the answer but until we have someone who is needs to be kept. His is a game manager who limits turnovers and in addition to his legs is his biggest strength. He may not be able to put a team on his back and carry them but he also won't be the reason they lose. He is average in a league full of average qbs.

Buh bye.

4 losses

He could have done more in 15 games this season, that wasn't my point. I also don't think he won any games for us, McCoy, Gilleslee and Felton did that. Did he LOSE games for us?

Buh bye.

4 losses

I'm sorry, your position on Tyrod is unclear. Do you think he deserves to stay on the roster, or is he a flaming pile of dog poop?

Can say the same thing about the defense though. Get a stop when it matters. To dismantle the #4 ranked defense which was clearly the strength of the team and morph it into one of the bottom feeders is on Rex. For a defensive guru the offense this year should have been good enough to win with. With a full complement of players for the entire year it probably would have been better.

However, if the defense was at least average we wouldn't having this conversation and the Bills would be in the playoffs. Tyrod may not be the answer but until we have someone who is needs to be kept. His is a game manager who limits turnovers and in addition to his legs is his biggest strength. He may not be able to put a team on his back and carry them but he also won't be the reason they lose. He is average in a league full of average qbs.

But this isnt about the defense

I want the coach fired and schemed changed.

I also want to move on from a not good enough QB.

4 games he could have proven he was good enough and failed.

2 games he had the Ball in his hand at the end of the game to do it.

Again down 4 points at any point in a football game an Tyrods record is 1 maybe 2 (might have added one recently) wins in his career.

That is all you can ask your QB to do?

He could have done more in 15 games this season, that wasn't my point. I also don't think he won any games for us, McCoy, Gilleslee and Felton did that. Did he LOSE games for us?

So could hage done alot more but extend him. Not good enough but pay him. Why because he is the best of all the trash that has been put out there.

Easier to find a middle of the row passer and elevate this passing game just a bit than it is to build a denver Defense

Easier to keep a team as a contender once you get said QB than keep a denver defense together.

But you dont do that by settling on not good enough

Boy you've been taking a pretty good beating on the board the past few days. Lighten up Francis!

Nah I enjoy it. Just giving a legit and accurate statement is all that you can ask more from a QB.

No response to it so attack me instead

EJ Manuel

Matt Cassel

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel

Kyle Orton

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Trent Edwards

JP Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Brian Brohm

Yes, you could do worse than Tyrod Taylor.

Dak

Carr

Romo

Brady

Rodgers

Wilson

Luck

Mariotta

Winston

Palmer

Brees

Flacco

Ryan

Ben

Manning

Manning

Yes you can do alot better than Taylor

Nut nah best of trash that Fans have seen on Bills so keep said trash and settle for not good enough

Edited by MAJBobby