So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

so without TT this offense only scores 19-21 ppg. Hmmmm maybe your right TT is responsible for that many points but i seem to remember much much smaller in the advanced stats

Typical Bills fan judging everything off on performance

Actually that was the last in a long line of poor games by Hoyer that led to his benching for Manziel...Hoyer is good in spot duty until teams start catching up to his limitations and then he gets completely shut down

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps in theory , Hoyer could plug and play in the offense, with zero changes to the running game effectiveness. In reality, I'm not so sure. Teams do employ a spy on Taylor, can't see that happening with a QB like Hoyer. Hard to define what the difference might be. Do the Bills think that is an option is the bigger question. My guess now is that save for acquiring the likes of Romo or possibly Cutler, the Bills will pick up the option on Taylor and try to keep continuity on that side of the ball. It seems Ryan will be let go and that means a new defensive system at the very least. I think the owners may strive for some continuity over a total tear down .

Actually that was the last in a long line of poor games by Hoyer that led to his benching for Manziel...Hoyer is good in spot duty until teams start catching up to his limitations and then he gets completely shut down

He was benched for Manziel because if ownership.

He was 7-4 as a starter in CLE tgat year dont let facts get in the way though its ok b

Perhaps in theory , Hoyer could plug and play in the offense, with zero changes to the running game effectiveness. In reality, I'm not so sure. Teams do employ a spy on Taylor, can't see that happening with a QB like Hoyer. Hard to define what the difference might be. Do the Bills think that is an option is the bigger question. My guess now is that save for acquiring the likes of Romo or possibly Cutler, the Bills will pick up the option on Taylor and try to keep continuity on that side of the ball. It seems Ryan will be let go and that means a new defensive system at the very least. I think the owners may strive for some continuity over a total tear down .

But in theory what i lose in the running game because i dont have the TT factor i gain in the passing game with a much more effextuve passing offense

The adage if its not broke dont fix it needs to apply here. TT is 27 and in his prime physically.

And proving he is not injury prone as some people wanted to make him out to be

He was 7-4 as a starter in CLE tgat year dont let facts get in the way though its ok b

But in theory what i lose in the running game because i dont have the TT factor i gain in the passing game with a much more effextuve passing offense

No he was benched because he was sucking at QB even in wins...

He completed 55% of his passes with 12 TDs and 13 INTs for a 76.5 QB Rating that season...

That is terrible, like bottom of the NFL terrible.

Edited by matter2003

And proving he is not injury prone as some people wanted to make him out to be

No he was benched because he was sucking at QB even in wins...

He completed 55% of his passes with 12 TDs and 13 INTs for a 76.5 QB Rating...

That is terrible, like bottom of the NFL terrible.

Wait wait the COT tells me that doesnt matter. Or they did when TT was winning (my turn)

Wait wait the COT tells me that doesnt matter. Or they did when TT was winning (my turn)

When did Tyrod have more INTs than TDs and when was his rating a 76? In your Madden carrer league?

Edited by matter2003

7-4 hmmm when did Tyrod have that stat

Hoyer was 1-5 this year as Bears starter and 6-12 in the past 2 seasons. He lost to Taylor here last year with the Texans...yeah, great option. Replace a QB with some limitations that is dynamic in the run game and scores lots of points with a QB who sucks overall, has a lower completion percentage, throws more INTs, doesn't run well and doesn't score points anywhere near the level Taylor has produced since he's been here...

That makes tons of sense...

Edited by matter2003

When did Tyrod have more INTs than TDs and when was his rating a 76? In your Madden carrer league?

AZ, Balt, Cincy, NE, Raiders this year

NE and Phi. With 3 more close last year

Hoyer was 1-5 this year as Bears starter and 6-12 in the past 2 seasons. He lost to Taylor here last year with the Texans...yeah, great option. Replace a QB with some limitations that is dynamic in the run game and scores lots of points with a QB who sucks overall, has a lower completion percentage, throws more INTs, doesn't run well and doesn't score points anywhere near the level Taylor has produced since he's been here...

That makes tons of sense...

Yeah he has the bottom of the NFL passing attacks

AZ, Balt, Cincy, NE, Raiders this year

NE and Phi. With 3 more close last year

Yeah he has the bottom of the NFL passing attacks

I'm talking for the season, not a single game...and Hoyer had 5 QB ratings below 62 that year... one of them a 29 which is ridiculous...again, we don't need to replace a QB with limitations that can score points and be effective with a QB who can't score points, turns the ball over more, has even more limitations and has no running ability...what's the point in that?

So you can sit here at this time next year and say "Damn..we should have kept Tyrod"?

Edited by matter2003

I'm talking for the season, not a single game...and Hoyer had 5 QB ratings below 62 that year... one of them a 29 which is ridiculous...again, we don't need to replace a QB with limitations that can score points and be effective with a QB who can't score points, turns the ball over more, has even more limitations and has no running ability...what's the point in that?

32 ranked passing team. Cool back to the point thing. Awesome how many points is TT responsible for so me that advanced stat

So you can sit here at this time next year and say "Damn..we should have kept Tyrod"?

Dont worry i will never say Damn we should have kept Tyrod

Edited by MAJBobby

32 ranked passing team. Cool back to the point thing. Awesome how many points is TT responsible for so me that advanced stat

Dont worry i will never say Damn we should have kept Tyrod

If we chose to primarily be a running team, how is that Tyrod's fault? Once again, you want to discount what he does on the field as if him scrambling around and picking up yards with his legs is irrelevant to them scoring points...lol... #1 rushing team...by a mile. Top 10 in scoring, nearing top 5. One of the highest scoring teams in franchise history. Historically low turnover rate in the past 2 seasons. That doesn't matter either huh? I guess him throwing another 10 INTs or getting hit and sack/fumbling 5-6 more times like so many of the other QBs do would somehow help the defense give up fewer points. Because that is what you are also going to gain with another QB...more turnovers---both INTs and sack/fumbles.

I'm done talking about this with you...obviously you see things the way you want to see them and I se things the way I want to see them and we disagree on how that is.

Edited by matter2003

If we chose to primarily be a running team, how is that Tyrod's fault? Once again, you want to discount what he does on the field as if him scrambling around and picking up yards with his legs is irrelevant to them scoring points...lol...

I'm done talking about this with you...obviously you see things the way you want to see them and I se things the way I want to see them and we disagree on how that is.

There is and advanced stat that says how many points his play adds or takes away. Post it not hard

I do think he adds points but i question the 5-7 number your gave

Edited by MAJBobby

FYI Dallas throws the ball the lowest percentage of the time in the NFL this year at 50.50% and they have home field throughout the NFC Playoffs locked up. Bills are 30th ahead of Dallas and Tennessee at 51.74% pass/run ratio....

Ever hear people clamoring to replace Dak Prescott and Marcus Mariota because they don't throw the ball enough?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct

Last year the Bills ran the ball the most in the NFL with a pass/run percentage of 49.9% barely below the Panthers 50.12%...they went 15-1 and went to the super bowl...

Seattle won the Super Bowl the year they had more rushes than passes attempted...

See a trend here? You don't NEED to throw the ball 60% of the time to win games...you need a DEFENSE to compliment the offense that doesn't allow you to set franchise record/NFL season leading 6 losses when you score 24+ points in a game.

Edited by matter2003

There is a difference between having a so-so situation and having a problem. The O is so-so, the D is a problem. The team can live and even flourish to a degree with a so-so O but it can not win with a problematic D. The sole focus this off season has to be on the D, either improving the personnel or, more likely, improving the coaching. An improved D that comes close to matching the O's league standing makes for a much more successful team overall.

So what do you lose without having TT? You lose that so-so offense. The only possible replacement in-house is a kd with 11(!) collegiate starts, one who was benched. From the outside there are a bunch of bums, mediocrities and washed up vets. There are no candidates in the draft who rise to TT's level. Because of his elusiveness combined with his ability to go long, defenses are schizophrenic and tentative. This opens up the run game in general, making it more lethal than with a more traditional QB. It also makes the line appear to be better than it possibly is otherwise. And getting rid of TT means there will be more turnovers which are among the most significant factors in losing games. But you already know these things as they have been brought to your attention in thread after thread after thread. You either refuse to accept these truths or you are just an old crank who needs to fill his life with endless trolling.

Massive assumption that replacing TT with the bum-of-the-month automatically somehow magically vastly improves the passing game. God lord, you even beleve Brian Hoyer can be the one to somehow pull off this miracle! I sincerely hope no one allows you near firearms, volitile liquids or car keys. Edited by yungmack

There is a difference between having a so-so situation and having a problem. The O is so-so, the D is a problem. The team can live and even flourish to a degree with a so-so O but it can not win with a problematic D. The sole focus this off season has to be on the D, either improving the personnel or, more likely, improving the coaching. An improved D that comes close to matching the O's league standing makes for a much more successful team overall.

So what do you lose without having TT? You lose that so-so offense. The only possible replacement in-house is a kd with 11(!) collegiate starts, one who was benched. From the outside there are a bunch of bums, mediocrities and washed up vets. There are no candidates in the draft who rise to TT's level. Because of his elusiveness combined with his ability to go long, defenses are schizophrenic and tentative. This opens up the run game in general, making it more lethal than with a more traditional QB. It also makes the line appear to be better than it possibly is otherwise. And getting rid of TT means there will be more turnovers which are among the most significant factors in losing games. But you already know these things as they have been brought to your attention in thread after thread after thread. You either refuse to accept these truths or you are just an old crank who needs to fill his life with endless trolling.Massive assumption that replacing TT with the bum-of-the-month automatically somehow magically vastly improves the passing game. God lord, you even beleve Brian Hoyer can be the one to somehow pull off this miracle! I sincerely hope no one allows you near firearms, volitile liquids or car keys.

This is a great post.

I don't love TT but I love TT vs. 2017 QB options. I'm willing to be married to him for the next 2 years (which is basically what you are doing). The offense is working at the moment. They score points.

Not to change the subject but the defense is a much bigger concern. Brown, Gilmore and Alexander are free agents. Aaron Williams may never play again. Kyle Williams and Corey Graham may have to take pay cuts. On top of all that the defense is regressing. I'm much more concerned with "how do we solve that peoblem" than anything else. I don't even have suggestions.

That's a good way to put it. There's no option I've heard that makes me want to move on from TT. All the others are worse... Romo, Cutler, Glennon, Cardale, mid 1st round pick,... even Garafalao (could be the next Osweiler).... #KeepTyrod #GetANewCoach

There is and advanced stat that says how many points his play adds or takes away. Post it not hard

I do think he adds points but i question the 5-7 number your gave

Sorry for not reading everything but are you saying you want Hoyer over Taylor? If so , I disagree....Hoyer is an awful QB