So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

I think you and I may have discussed this matter at another time. And i partially agree that sometimes TT can be too conservative though I feel the last couple of weeks something has changed: either the coaching staff told him to forget about turnovers and start slinging it more, or maybe the gameplan has chanded now that sammy, woods, clay are all healthy (relatively speaking), or TT turned a bit of a corner by himself. I dont know.

That being said, TT has a combined 23 TD which is top 15 in the NFL in scoring. And he has a league low for INT (i think). So of course hes no drew brees with respect to pure scoring, but being paid what hes going to be paid, he's worth every penny at that rate.

Yes we have discussed TO before. I agree the with high certainty that if TT leaves the likely we will get worse there and will be hard to offset ue get to where TT is now,

So there is a Con of him walking with no easy solution to offset

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your depth of football knowledge is astounding thanks for the contribution

That contribution was also astounding! (Exactly zero) I just asked for a few reasonable names? You want to send me on a scavenger hunt? With your astounding knowledge, you should be proud to spout off at least a half dozen excellent options. Let's hear from the oracle. I don't claim to have all the answers. People who do......are often full of .......

Edited by Augie

That contribution was also astounding! (Exactly zero) I just asked for a few reasonable names? You want to send me on a scavenger hunt? With your astounding knowledge, you should be proud to spout off at least a half dozen excellent options. Let's hear from the oracle. I don't claim to have all the answers. People who do......are often full of .......

Maybe if they had anything to do with what this discussion is about i would post em. But i wont i would rather take the time wrting these responses its more entertainment

This crusade is getting tougher week by week as the season peters out.

Not the way the OP figured this would shake out for him....

The OP has blinders on that make him ignore the almost 600 yards of offense the Bills put on the Dolphins and even as bad as the defense played it was the kicker that really let down the team with two missed FG's.

Taylor making some beautiful called runs and Miami had no answer for them and even with Sammy Watkins, Charles Clay playing injured Taylor showed he can sling it around some. Taylor 26 of 39 for 329 yards, 3 TDs. A QBR 83.6.

Of all the problems with this team the QB position and offense is near the least of them and yet this won't dissuade the OP from his crusade.

Maybe if they had anything to do with what this discussion is about i would post em. But i wont i would rather take the time wrting these responses its more entertainment

How very..... middle school. (And yes, how is it NOT related to a thread stared by YOU titled Offense and Taylor?)

I'm backing off now, Merry Christmas. Go Bills!

Edited by Augie

Another i think we lose with no real way to offset and as much as i hate it is the options.

They are so effective in the redzone. Obviously a different dimension when the QB runs just straight options as opposed to the Wildcat.

As much as i hate it it is very effective for this team and can be expanded on. That gets lost though if TT leaves

I don't love TT but I love TT vs. 2017 QB options. I'm willing to be married to him for the next 2 years (which is basically what you are doing). The offense is working at the moment. They score points.

Not to change the subject but the defense is a much bigger concern. Brown, Gilmore and Alexander are free agents. Aaron Williams may never play again. Kyle Williams and Corey Graham may have to take pay cuts. On top of all that the defense is regressing. I'm much more concerned with "how do we solve that peoblem" than anything else. I don't even have suggestions.

Hard to argue with this. I see many flaws in TTs game, but the offense does put points on the board. They are somewhat unconventional in their approach for the modern NFL . Perhaps the modern measurables aren't as important when assessing the offenses effectivenes? If the goal is to score x number of ppg, does it matter how the offense looks as they score them? Maybe not. A better passing attack would undoubtedly take away from the running attack (there are only so many offensive plays run in a game) so the improvement nay not lead to more points being scored. If one looks at the point total this season and where it stands in team history, this appears likely. Is it realistic to think that more passing yards would lead to the best offensive output the Bills have ever sustained in their existence? Probably not. If getting an obvious upgrade at QB such as Romo is not an option, then TT at the 20th slot in term of QB pay is not crazy. The defense seems more antiquated than the offense, and all efforts at improvement should likely be focused there. Start by showing Rex and his system the door. Keep the Offense with some minor tweaks so players don't need to learn an entirely new system . One side of the ball is enough to start over. Reinvent the D in a more personnel friendly scheme and the Bills may get a two or three game improvement. Easier to make the D a top ten unit than to find a top 5 or 10 QB.

The OP has blinders on that make him ignore the almost 600 yards of offense the Bills put on the Dolphins and even as bad as the defense played it was the kicker that really let down the team with two missed FG's.

Taylor making some beautiful called runs and Miami had no answer for them and even with Sammy Watkins, Charles Clay playing injured Taylor showed he can sling it around some. Taylor 26 of 39 for 329 yards, 3 TDs. A QBR 83.6.

Of all the problems with this team the QB position and offense is near the least of them and yet this won't dissuade the OP from his crusade.

Glad Bills fans can ignore an entire season and think it is about the Mia game. Newsflash seasons over.

Option decision looming. So what changes to the offense happens if TT leaves

How very..... middle school. (And yes, how is it NOT related to a thread stared by YOU titled Offense and Taylor?)

Reading comprehension is awesome. Did in my post say give me solutions on how to fix things.

Or did i say what changes to the offense happen as a result of him leaving

Glad Bills fans can ignore an entire season and think it is about the Mia game. Newsflash seasons over.

Option decision looming. So what changes to the offense happens if TT leaves

Reading comprehension is awesome. Did in my post say give me solutions on how to fix things.

Or did i say what changes to the offense happen as a result of him leaving

I apologize as I thought I was done, but the reading comprehension made me go back to the first post. Writing skills seem to be lacking. I get that we may have a few beverages on game day, but don't lash out at others for your errors.

For all those that says you absolutely have to pick of the option. Hypothetically they dont.

What changes on the Offense? What do you lose? What is it that this offense cannot be without?

Now is that worth a 16M cap hit and essentially being married to TT at min til the end of 2018?

Edited by Augie

I apologize as I thought I was done, but the reading comprehension made me go back to the first post. Writing skills seem to be lacking. I get that we may have a few beverages on game day, but don't lash out at others for your errors.

What changes

What cant live without

Is it worth 16m in cap space and married to TT?

Better. Still nothing about solutions to Taylor huh?

What changes

What cant live without

Is it worth 16m in cap space and married to TT?

Better. Still nothing about solutions to Taylor huh?

The question remains: what is your solution?

It's so easy to be a know it all.....

The question remains: what is your solution?

It's so easy to be a know it all.....

Ok Solution

Brian Hoyer cand give the Bills the dead last passing attack at a 12M cap savings.

Lost nothing

Now enlighten me with your vast knowledge how that is not accurate

Edited by MAJBobby

For all those that says you absolutely have to pick of the option. Hypothetically they dont.

What changes on the Offense? What do you lose? What is it that this offense cannot be without?

Now is that worth a 16M cap hit and essentially being married to TT at min til the end of 2018?

We are going to lose about 5-7 points per game...unlikely whoever we bring in is going to match the 26 PPG we put up this year, which means the defense is going to have to go from abyssmal to brilliant if we want to finish even 8-8 next season

Ok Solution

Brian Hoyer cand give the Bills the dead last passing attack at a 12M cap savings.

Lost nothing

Now enlighten me with your vast knowledge how that is not accurate

The last time I watched Hoyer QB a game against us I thought that might have been one of the worst QB performances I've ever seen...worse than any of Tyrod's...and his team got blown out, scored 3 points while he was playing, he went 18 for 30, 192 yards and 2 INT's and got pulled for Manziel...that should be all you need to know to know that isn't a smart idea.

Edited by matter2003

We are going to lose about 5-7 points per game...unlikely whoever we bring in is going to match the 26 PPG we put up this year, which means the defense is going to have to go from abyssmal to brilliant if we want to finish even 8-8 next season

The last time I watchd Hoyer QB a game against us I thought that might have been one of the worst QB performances I've ever seen...worse than any of Tyrod's

so without TT this offense only scores 19-21 ppg. Hmmmm maybe your right TT is responsible for that many points but i seem to remember much much smaller in the advanced stats

The last time I watched Hoyer QB a game against us I thought that might have been one of the worst QB performances I've ever seen...worse than any of Tyrod's...and his team got blown out and scored like 13 points

Typical Bills fan judging everything off on performance