How Laughable In Hind Sight

OldTimer1960

Rex Ryan came into Buffalo vowing to "build a bully". Watching his defense for 2 years makes it clear that he built the proverbial 98 pound weakling.

If I were to come up with a nickname for this awful defense, it might be "The Speed Bump Defense", but that is probably being too generous.

Maybe "The Light Head Wind Defense"?

Rex has embarrassed himself with the last two years worth of coaching performances. Let the speculation begin regarding the next head coach...

Rex and Rob are heading to NFL TV roles as clowns.

I think you can attribute 4 losses to the defense: Miami (twice), Jets and Seahawks. Sure, there's games the offense hurt the defense with so many 3 and outs, but the only game I can truly say the offense cost us the game was Baltimore. If the defense showed up and at least found a way to make a few stops to win two of the losses we'd be in the playoffs.

Rex Ryan came into Buffalo vowing to "build a bully". Watching his defense for 2 years makes it clear that he built the proverbial 98 pound weakling.

If I were to come up with a nickname for this awful defense, it might be "The Speed Bump Defense", but that is probably being too generous.

Maybe "The Light Head Wind Defense"?

Rex has embarrassed himself with the last two years worth of coaching performances. Let the speculation begin regarding the next head coach...

Rex and Rob are heading to NFL TV roles as clowns.

In reality, Rex did build a bully. We always lose to strong good teams (Pats, Steelers), only to turn around to beat up on weak and inferior teams (like Cleveland).

If this isn't the textbook definition of bully, I don't know what is.

In reality, Rex did build a bully. We always lose to strong good teams (Pats, Steelers), only to turn around to beat up on weak and inferior teams (like Cleveland).

If this isn't the textbook definition of bully, I don't know what is.

Haha so true.

It doesn't take hindsight, but a little foresight to know this was a disaster from the beginning. We already had a good defense running a completely different scheme. They wrecked it when they brought in Wrecks Ryan. Anyone with half a brain knows you can't just switch schemes and proceed like nothing is different. You need the right players and you need to learn the system. It takes a couple of years. The Pats are successful because they have been running the same schemes since the turn of the millennium. They lose someone and they have a role player ready to step in. We still don't have the right players but Rex is out of time. It was doomed from the start