I'll be thinking about Aaron Williams all game.

Tipster19

A real cheap shot by that piece of **** Landry. AW is a true Bill, he bleeds blue and we can't afford to lose a guy like that. If the opportunity presents itself I hope someone lays that !@#$er out. Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19

I really hope Aaron Williams just retires. I said it before the Miami game, and I'll say it again, every time he was involved in an aggressive play, whether giving or receiving it, I would cringe. Yes, this hit was cheap, but if it wasn't this one, another would have eventually happened.

Edited by CSBill

You're probably right, and I like the player, and from I see in interviews seems to be a very nice guy, but it's his decision. I'm sure he's been made aware of the risks.

As far as today, I hope the secondary listens to what Lorax was saying the other day, in not getting over hyped over him or the game, as they will make mistakes. He did say, there should be more than enough opportunities for clean hits on him. I hope they stick to that plan, and not just media talk.

I'd rather win than lose over cheap shots or over pursuing and missing on him.

They should have responded with something (attitude, stepped up play, etc.) after the cheap shot happened. Why they didn't is concerning.

I was at the game. I had no idea what had happened until I saw the replay after the game . . . and my view of the play was better than the players who were facing the other way. The players on the bench's view also would have been obstructed given the angle.

Having said that, Landry was a piece of sh*t for doing it and I will not feel sorry for him if the Bills "give him the business" - to quote the ref from that Jim Kelly play.

I was at the game. I had no idea what had happened until I saw the replay after the game . . . and my view of the play was better than the players who were facing the other way. The players on the bench's view also would have been obstructed given the angle.

Having said that, Landry was a piece of sh*t for doing it and I will not feel sorry for him if the Bills "give him the business" - to quote the ref from that Jim Kelly play.

they didn't show the replay?

I don't think we'll retaliate. We should, but we don't have the awareness for something like that.

Unless you're going Josh Norman on OBJ, which few players are willing to do ethically or financially, you need to have an opportunity to hit a guy (like Landry did with AW), and those opportunities aren't that frequent.

they didn't show the replay?

I may be mistaken, but I do not think it was shown during the game (or at least the devastating angle). I did not know what had happened until after the game. I remember watching him on the ground and wondering what had happened.

Unless you're going Josh Norman on OBJ, which few players are willing to do ethically or financially, you need to have an opportunity to hit a guy (like Landry did with AW), and those opportunities aren't that frequent.

That's true. The DB's would need to be pushing and shoving him all game to get him to start something. That's the only thing I can envision.

Marcus Foligno fought an Islander last night just minutes into the game because he had a cheap shot on Eichel almost a month ago. It's possible for athletes to take pride in their team. Also, I apologize for using the Sabres as an example of a team...last night they were anything but.

That's true. The DB's would need to be pushing and shoving him all game to get him to start something. That's the only thing I can envision.

Marcus Foligno fought an Islander last night just minutes into the game because he had a cheap shot on Eichel almost a month ago. It's possible for athletes to take pride in their team. Also, I apologize for using the Sabres as an example of a team...last night they were anything but.

And even then, at best you provoke a guy into committing a penalty.

Hockey's a different animal. You can't just drop the gloves in football.

p.s. I love Foligno.