In what order do these four need to go:

jester43

1A Whaley

1B Rex (will go even if #1 does not happen anyway)

Brandon can stay as long as he sticks to marketing and has no input on player, GM or coaching decisions. He has done a great job marketing a team that has played so poorly for so many years in a small market.

I would let the new GM and head coach decide about Taylor, but I don't see him coming back.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, of course qb is the issue. I am well aware of this. My main point is similar, but not exactly the same as yours.

I am just so sick of hearing how (fill in the blank) wasn't a bad pick because he is "good," or a "tremendous talent." I heard this about Whitner, Gilmore, Spiller, etc. This team is losing games with all of these "good" players, and giving away huge, questionable contracts and draft picks while doing so. This imo is not acceptable and if Whaley isn't responsible, who IS to blame?

The Whitner and Spiller picks were not Whaley's picks. The Gilmore pick is a pick that I consider to be a success while you are troubled by it.

I'm not absolving Whaley of any responsibility. But to be fair he was saddled with the hiring of an incompetent and loud mouth coach who was not of his choosing. (That is what I believe. )

As far as the contract situation I am not overly concerned with our cap situation. The juggling of finances is a constant for all teams. Some players are over paid and some are under paid. I'm more concerned with the overall talent level of the roster than the contract status of individual players.

You have a very scathing view of Whaley that I do not have of him. I don't consider him to be a top tier GM but I do consider him to be a solid GM. What I can say about him is unless he adequately addresses the qb situation in the not too distant future he will be fired by the owner as the frustration mounts.

The Whitner and Spiller picks were not Whaley's picks. The Gilmore pick is a pick that I consider to be a success while you are troubled by it.

I'm not absolving Whaley of any responsibility. But to be fair he was saddled with the hiring of an incompetent and loud mouth coach who was not of his choosing. (That is what I believe. )

As far as the contract situation I am not overly concerned with our cap situation. The juggling of finances is a constant for all teams. Some players are over paid and some are under paid. I'm more concerned with the overall talent level of the roster than the contract status of individual players.

You have a very scathing view of Whaley that I do not have of him. I don't consider him to be a top tier GM but I do consider him to be a solid GM. What I can say about him is unless he adequately addresses the qb situation in the not too distant future he will be fired by the owner as the frustration mounts.

This is exactly how I feel about Whaley. I seriously hope he stays for many years to come.

it's the guy buying the groceries...that'd be Whaley.missed on EJmortgaged the future by using 2 first round picks on Sammy. Could have had Mack at #5 or sat at #9 and taken Odell Beckham or DT Aaron Donald and kept the second first rounder.overpaid on long term deals for underperforming Dareus, Clay, A. Williams, Hughes. re-did shady's deal.NOT in good cap shape for 2017Whaley hasn't done anything special at all.

How come do you don't mention a single good thing he has done? Hughes? incognito? Z. Brown? Lorax? You can't just list everything bad that he has done without considering the good.

How come do you don't mention a single good thing he has done? Hughes? incognito? Z. Brown? Lorax? You can't just list everything bad that he has done without considering the good.

Probably because the trade for Hughes was made by the idiot GM of the Colts who wanted the last first round pick of Bil Polian out of Indy. Whaley only answered the phone and offered a scrub LBer.

Richie Incognito was all Rex Ryan who vouched for him to be brought in and Whaley had his chance the year previous (2014) with Erik Pears at RG who was the worst player in the league at RG. Incognito sat out that entire year because no team wanted him.

Lorenzo Alexander again was all Rex Ryan who had wanted him from previous years with the Jets just like he had wanted Tyrod Taylor. It also wouldn't surprise me to hear that Rex Ryan or his brother Rob were the ones who identified Zack Brown as a player they wanted to be signed by Buffalo.

How about the signing of LG Chris Williams for 5.5 mill guaranteed who only played a few games before being released or OG Colin Brown who replaced him then being released after 6 games. How about a fourth round pick for RB Bryce Brown who never amounted to anything in Buffalo. The Trade for WR Mike Williams who turned out to be useless or the dumping of WR Stevie Johnson because he didn't run precise routes for EJ.

Allowing his rookie QB EJ to start behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league and go into the season with no QB coach or veteran QB on the roster to help guide his rookie QB through a rough first year. Not to mention that his OC was also a rookie in the NFL.

How about lucking out that CJ Spiller didn't take that lucrative offer from Buffalo and opted to leave for New Orleans instead? How about Chip Kelly calling the Bills and offering RB LeSean McCoy to Buffalo in a trade? So far how is that big money for TE Charles Clay doing?

Doug Whaley has made his share of mistakes so far and many fans give the guy far too much credit when in fact he is 29-32 over four years. It took Bill Polian only three years to go from 2-14 to 12-4.

name a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round draft pick that has outperformed it's draft position.

Jerry Hughes is the 7th highest paid OLB in league...laughable.

incognito is a home run....lucky for us he had no other options.

traded away Kiko $1 mil/yr (14th in league for tackles)for a $8 mil/yr RB (9th in league for rushing)

lorax...nice start....hasn't had a sack in last 4 games.

Zach brown...solid