The Patriots Can Win With Anyone

No, you compared Hogan getting a ring with NE to RJ getting a ring In Tampa.

For obvious reasons this is a really dumb comparison, so that's why I asked.

The point was that a SB ring didn't have **** to do with the point I was making so I threw out anyone who has one. Pay attention!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the Bills would have kept Hogan and continued not to use him effectively, and paid him a lot more for the privilege. I suppose that would have hurt the Pats who would have had to go to another option. But it also would have cost the Bills who would have had to pay big money to someone they thought was a #3 WR.

Yes , the Bills could have kept Hogan ( possibly , if no exam gave draft pick compensation) for a tender that was around 300k higher . That would not have made Hogans skill set any more useful to Tyrod or the bills rudimentary route concepts. Conversely , it wouldn't have made any difference to the Patriots at all. They would simply have " insert name of decent NFL WR here" catching passes from Tom Brady . Whoever that option would have been. The Bills wouldn't have been paying " big " money, only about 300k. With the contract negotiations going on for Cordy Glenn et al at the time, they had little cap room to play with and gambled. I don't think the Bills or Pats would be much different record wise if at all with or without Hogan.

Yes , the Bills could have kept Hogan ( possibly , if no exam gave draft pick compensation) for a tender that was around 300k higher . That would not have made Hogans skill set any more useful to Tyrod or the bills rudimentary route concepts. Conversely , it wouldn't have made any difference to the Patriots at all. They would simply have " insert name of decent NFL WR here" catching passes from Tom Brady . Whoever that option would have been. The Bills wouldn't have been paying " big " money, only about 300k. With the contract negotiations going on for Cordy Glenn et al at the time, they had little cap room to play with and gambled. I don't think the Bills or Pats would be much different record wise if at all with or without Hogan.

That's no " team" not exam. Lol

A lot of talk about Hogan, he is an important piece for the Pats O and shows good awareness (the last TD last night was him and Brady seeing the same thing.)

But for the Pats IMO Mitchell is the future star WR.

Mitchell looks very good. Hogan was always a better player than he got credit for here.

Ernie Adams. I'm telling you, this is the guy you pay $10 mil. Get him uncle T!

I'm fairly confident this article was posted here last year or earlier this year:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/29/mysterious-ernie-adams-patriots-man-behind-curtain/IrNCfgrysUphGpkcIjEaBL/story.html

Just makes you wonder...

Because they have the two most important pieces figured out: Head Coach and QB. The two things the BILLS have failed to do since Levy left and Kelly retired. Yes, Flutie was a brief carry-over for decent QB play, but that didn't really bring us wins.

Mitchell looks very good. Hogan was always a better player than he got credit for here.

Oh no, he was not very good, just ask the multiple posters on this board. The Bills had to upgrade, he was never more than a situational receiver, it wouldn't take much to get better ... let him walk ... yada, yada, yada, ... certainly the Bills were better at that position this year, right?

Because they have the two most important pieces figured out: Head Coach and QB. The two things the BILLS have failed to do since Levy left and Kelly retired. Yes, Flutie was a brief carry-over for decent QB play, but that didn't really bring us wins.

It did get us to playoffs (the last time we were there, I might add) ... and look what happened when they decided to bench him for that game. The curse began, and it continue to this day.

Every day I see postings on this board rationalizing, excusing, hoping, blaming, thinking we are one or two players away from playoff nirvana. Despite 17 years of average play and really poor drafting, that includes Doug Whaley. I would love to hear Bill B. open and talk about the Bills; he would burn this organization down in twenty - four hours.

Yoda would be done in 24 seconds. Locking the doors is a fairly simple task

Oh no, he was not very good, just ask the multiple posters on this board. The Bills had to upgrade, he was never more than a situational receiver, it wouldn't take much to get better ... let him walk ... yada, yada, yada, ... certainly the Bills were better at that position this year, right?

It did get us to playoffs (the last time we were there, I might add) ... and look what happened when they decided to bench him for that game. The curse began, and it continue to this day.

I should have been more specific to say that Flutie was a bandaid to the problem in regards to a long-term solution. He was a bridge to nowhere...