Russ Brandon Attends Monday Morning Football Meetings

Fadingpain

Do you see a connection between an organization that has neglected the QB position for 15 years and organization that involves a marketing guy in the HC hire?

This is inaccurate as well as they've spent high value assets in trying to address the position. There's a difference between neglect and not getting it right.

And it's fair to say that their scouting reports on lower drafted QBs who've panned out were faulty. But EVERY team in the league passed on some of those guys and several times over as well.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your particular brand of sophistry has grown tiresome. You don't get to insult us and if calling that a ton of crap is attacking you, so be it. Grow some thicker skin. And grow the phuck up for crissakes.

Your the one who suggested I was unhinged and speculated that I was ready to go stalk Russ with a gun presumably with the intention of killing him.

But I'm the one who can't insult and should grow up. Funny.

OK, so you work for the Bills or used to do so. Russ is your buddy or helped you out in your career and you don't like to see him disparaged on a public forum. Or something like that.

Why the hell don't you just say so. At least I could understand where you are coming from.

This is inaccurate as well as they've spent high value assets in trying to address the position. There's a difference between neglect and not getting it right.

And it's fair to say that their scouting reports on lower drafted QBs who've panned out were faulty. But EVERY team in the league passed on some of those guys and several times over as well.

"Spent high value assets??? You are Russ! Or at least the #4 in the marketing department. Come clean!

Count how many QBs we have drafted in the last 15 years. You can use your fingers to do so, and even have some left over!

Your the one who suggested I was unhinged and speculated that I was ready to go stalk Russ with a gun presumably with the intention of killing him.

OK, so you work for the Bills or used to do so. Russ is your buddy or helped you out in your career and you don't like to see him disparaged on a public forum. Or something like that.

Why the hell don't you just say so. At least I could understand where you are coming from.

"Spent high value assets??? You are Russ! Or at least the #4 in the marketing department. Come clean!

Count how many QBs we have drafted in the last 15 years. You can use your fingers to do so, and even have some left over!

$3.50

Imo

During Rex Ryan's weekly 5pm segment with Schopp and Bulldog, he mentioned that he always talks to Terry Pegula on Sundays after the game.

He then mentioned that he also has a Monday morning meeting with Doug, Terry, often Kim (in person or via phone) AND RUSS BRANDON.

The purpose of the meetings is to discuss the game in detail.

Fast forward to 5:50pm or so Buffalo time. Bulldog mentioned that in his opinion, Rex may well have mentioned Russ by name in reference to the meetings as a way of deflecting blame or letting the public know what he is up against on the inside.

Not sure this is correct, but it was one of the more interesting moments today.

So, Brandon is the one taking the game plan and handing it to the other team ......now i get it.

And that is why every team the Bills play knows the play before the Bills do. Makes sense, at least that is what it looks like out there most of the time....

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

There were two great QB drafts in a row the years before we drafted EJ. We needed a QB much worse than anybody and we didn't take a shot. Teams that did now have Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins. The Redskins took a shot at Cousins in the 4th in the same draft where they traded a boatload to draft Robert Griffin 2nd overall, but you can't do that right?

So we missed those drafts and announced to the world we need to draft a QB in what happened to be one of the worst QB drafts in history. It was piss poor management and to me that is the same thing as neglect.

The worst thing about drafting EJ is we totally dismissed drafting a QB in 2014. You know a year where a franchise QB was to be had in round two. We draft QB's high in widely agreed upon poor QB drafts and don't even consider drafting QB's in the good ones.

One last thing. The every team passed on them argument is completely bogus. Not every or even a single team needs a QB as badly as we do. We shouldn't have the luxury of that excuse. A lot of good teams with good QB's still draft QB's high when they think it is a value. The Pats are poised to reap the benefits with a Garoppolo trade in the off-season.

Sure but he's got an opinion and if your suggesting he's sitting at these meetings with his mouth shut I'd have a hard time believing that.

I think it's obvious Rex was who he wanted. Did he text Hugh Jackson or Schwartz "Mr. Pegula loves Red wine"?

How bout Whaleys comments after he was picked, "we are a national brand now." What GM says that and why would fans give a !@#$ if they are a national brand?

I think the Pegulas listen to him in all aspects of the organization and that includes the football side where he's out of his league.

Russ being in the meetings isn't the problem, it's more about what he puts into Pegs' ear outside of the meetings. That and of course all the damage he's already done.

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of the week's GAME.

Why in the hell is he in there?

Bulldog went on to mention he has known Russ a long time and Russ has told him a lot of things in confidence and he appreciates that.

He stressed that Russ has said many times in private and publicly that he is not involved in football matters.

Bulldog's point was that he is, in fact, involved in football matters.

The significance of this is that this organization has a marketing wonk being involved in the inner football hierarchy.

That's F-ed up.

Move along, nothing to see here...

A first round pick on Bledsoe, a first round pick on Losman, a first round pick on Manuel. I believe it was a third on Edwards. A practice squad pick up on a former 2nd rounder in Brian Brohm, a late round pick on Levi Brown, numerous free agents including two starters in the last three seasons. I'm sure there's a few I've missed but you get the point.

I was long gone before Russ Brandon got there, although I've maintained contact with many in the scouting department over the years. And you couldn't be more wrong with the rest of your post, too.

Edited by K-9

A first round pick on Bledsoe, a first round pick on Losman, a first round pick on Manuel. I believe it was a third on Edwards. A practice squad pick up on a former 2nd rounder in Brian Brohm, a late round pick on Levi Brown, numerous free agents including two starters in the last three seasons. I'm sure there's a few I've missed but you get the point.

You couldn't be more wrong with the rest of your post, too.

Ok whatever I'm bored exchanging posts with you and MNF is starting.

Have a good night!

Why, intolerable to who, you? Easy solution, write the Bills a sternly worded letter denouncing your fandom from the team. Then it's up to them to decide who goes you or Russ. Maybe you can get the rest of the Russ haterson this website to sign the letter so will show it's not just you acting alone.

No one said Russ is solely making the decision on draft picks.

Don't be silly.

The point is that he is influencing the decision and that is intolerable.

Do you see a connection between an organization that has neglected the QB position for 15 years and organization that involves a marketing guy in the HC hire?

As a matter of actual real fact they have not neglected the QB position. There are 3 QBs on the roster right now who they drafted or went after in FA. They drafted Losman, Tuel, Checkdown and a couple of others. Three or four years ago they had what seemed like every out of work QB in the country at some time or other. They seem to have failed regularly but they sure as hell haven't neglected the position. There is a difference.

Why, intolerable to who, you? Easy solution, write the Bills a sternly worded letter denouncing your fandom from the team. Then it's up to them to decide who goes you or Russ. Maybe you can get the rest of the Russ haterson this website to sign the letter so will show it's not just you acting alone.

Should be intolerable to you and Bills fans everywhere, but as noted earlier, a lot don't seem to mind the suckage.

This is the truth.

Stop watching, stop buying, stop going if it bothers you.

Are you addressing Ed or Me?