Blame Runs Deep - Excellent Article By Tim Graham

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one that thought that article was revisionist garbage? Marrone left because he was sick of the dysfunction after two years, after three days of new ownership? Orton retired just to get away from the Bills? The Bills were done with Manuel after two years, but he's still on the team?

Graham's going to have to deal with the DC-Tom-bot.

Am I the only one that thought that article was revisionist garbage? Marrone left because he was sick of the dysfunction after two years, after three days of new ownership? Orton retired just to get away from the Bills? The Bills were done with Manuel after two years, but he's still on the team?

Graham's going to have to deal with the DC-Tom-bot.

I think the marrone story deserves a revisit. There's more to it than most of us believe, I suspect.

I think the marrone story deserves a revisit. There's more to it than most of us believe, I suspect.

I don't doubt it. At the same time, Saint Doug was in line for several HC positions before he ended up OL coach of the Jags, so I don't doubt he's a grade-A !@#$up no matter the story.

None of which makes the conjecture that "Marrone left because he was sick of two years of dysfunction after three days of new ownership" make any sense whatsoever. And Graham's article is full of nonsense like that.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. There are too many big shots in the organization.

They are all ambitious, they all have their own agendas and motivations, and I'm sure they are not unified by a common vision for how to structure the organization, the team, and personnel.

You can't run a reasonably complex operation like that.

I don't doubt it. At the same time, Saint Doug was in line for several HC positions before he ended up OL coach of the Jags, so I don't doubt he's a grade-A !@#$up no matter the story.

None of which makes the conjecture that "Marrone left because he was sick of two years of dysfunction after three days of new ownership" make any sense whatsoever. And Graham's article is full of nonsense like that.

I think he was referring to 2 years of Whaley.

It's called persuasive writing.

He is persuading the reader to buy into his thesis, which is that the Bills organization is dysfunctional and needs to be re-structured in total.

Have a read through the posts in this thread.

The persuasion is working.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. There are too many big shots in the organization.

They are all ambitious, they all have their own agendas and motivations, and I'm sure they are not unified by a common vision for how to structure the organization, the team, and personnel.

You can't run a reasonably complex operation like that.

Good point. Jeff Littman Ralph's right hand man

While Brandon deserves the criticism he is getting in this thread and others, Pegula needs to also be criticized. A coaching candidate is tipped off that Pegula likes red wine, and uses it to his advantage to gain favor with gullible ownership? You've got to be freakin' kidding me!!!

Pegula(s) need to stay the hell out of the coaching interviews next time around...and stay away from anything in football operations.

The Sabres aren't anywhere near the playoffs 6 years into the Pegula era, and the Bills continue to be mired in mediocrity closing in on 20 years.

It's called persuasive writing.

He is persuading the reader to buy into his thesis, which is that the Bills organization is dysfunctional and needs to be re-structured in total.

Have a read through the posts in this thread.

The persuasion is working.

Ya, come to think of it, you're right. That rascal Tim Graham tried to play all of us.

All is well at OBD. Move along people. Nothing to see here.