Price you would pay for Romo

GoBills!

To cut him or trade him they get a 19.6 mil cap hit. I assume they try and trade him to a team he wants to go to so they get something in return. He'd be under team control with market price cap hits.

Their best course would be retirement. They don't have to eat the whole hit I don't think

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably one of the most pro-Romo posters haunting this place and I wouldn't take him for market value. I think he's probably unable to take much more punishment and that's not a risk worth taking (quite frankly for the Bills or Tony).

What's market value for him though? I genuinely am not sure

What's market value for him though? I genuinely am not sure

If you're signing him to be your starter, it would be pretty insulting to offer less than what Brock Osweiler got for a player of Romo's calibre. So, you're looking at $18m/year minimum. You're assuming that he's healthy and durable if you're signing him so there's no "but...." about his value.

If you trade for him, his salary is $14m for 2017 and $19.5m for 2018. Even that figure is tough to justify, given the injury history.

@NFLSpinZone

Jerry Jones says he intends for Tony Romo to return to the #DallasCowboysNFL_Season_2016_DAL.png for the 2017 #NFL season http://nflspinzone.com/2016/12/09/dallas-cowboys-tony-romos-return-2017-intention-jerry-jones/

CzPdlZuUQAILIQ_.jpg

If Romo returns to the Cowboys it shows everything that prevented him from living up to his potential. Even at the back end of their careers Elite QBs aren't willing to take a seat for their young replacement to take over. If he doesn't go elsewhere it shows his lack of competive fire. There is no way that after all these years a competitive guy is willing to sit on the bench. I guess we will see, but I know that Marino,Elway,Montana,Favre, and Brady would never sit on the bench while a young guy starts for the team they devoted their career to.