Current NFL QB's the Bills Should take a Look At

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The list isn't long and they are guys that are probably long shots, but if we are going to let Tyrod walk I would like to get a veteran and draft at least 1 QB on day one or two this season. These are the guys I would take a look at:

1. Brett Hundley

I always like guys that started 3 or more years in college and at one point were projected to go in the first 3 rounds but may have dropped for some reason. Dak Prescott and Krik Cousins would fall into this category and Brett Hundley would as well. Hundley has some tools and was absolutely fabulous during the pre-season last year. I know pre-season means nothing about the overall team, but you can identify players to be better than expected during training camp and pre-season. Russell Wilson and Prescott showed the signs of being great in pre-season. I think we should definitely kick the tires on Hundley and he might be a guy to give a shot.

2. Chase Daniel

I don't think Daniel is going to light it up, but do sort of think we can somewhat of an Alex Smith. I don't need my QB to throw bombs and lead the league in rushing for a QB if he can't do a 3 step drop and hit a slant. Daniel can at least do that. I wouldn't expect Daniel to be great but I think he could be adequate to fill in for 2-3 years while we search for a QB in the draft.

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Did you just throw up? No, good! I know this seems unrealistic but if we let Tyrod walk, this would not be a bad option. We have a much better roster than we had with Fitz when he was here before. I think with the running game we have, Fitz can manage the game well enough to have a more balanced team. This would prevent the 3 straight 3 and out situations followed up by a turnover on the 1st down of the next drive. Taylor and make some beautiful plays and beautiful drives, but to win consistently you need to have a consistent offense throughout the game that doesn't frequently gone on stretches where they can't get a first down. Also he should be a total bargain. I could see him signing here for $8-9 million per over two seasons. Then we can try to identify 2 or 3 QB's to draft during that time frame while stacking the rest of the roster with the money you are saving. I think Fitz would give us a better chance than Tyrod would to end the streak.

There isn't a QB on this list better than Tyrod...not only that, none of them even have more upside. This is a terrible list. EJ is better than this list too.

And last I checked there has been no decision to let Tyrod walk. But if we do, it better not be because of this list or we will be in more trouble than we would be just keeping Taylor.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

There isn't a QB on this list better than Tyrod...not only that, none of them even have more upside. This is a terrible list. EJ is better than this list too.

And last I checked there has been no decision to let Tyrod walk. But if we do, it better not be because of this list or we will be in more trouble than we would be just keeping Taylor.

EJ is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?

With this running game, the Bills can win with an "adequate" QB. But said QB must be ACCURATE and not TURN THE BALL OVER. Derek Carr is those things with the Raiders. When he was pressured and didn't have anywhere to go with the football he threw it at the feet of WRs or out of bounds. When WRs got open, he hit them. This is what make the great ones great, accuracy!! Brady, Brees, Montana, Kelly, all were/are accurate as hell.

Bloke, you know your college football. Who is the most accurate passer coming out of college that has an NFL caliber arm?

Just making suggestions on guys I think could be players to look at if we move on from Tyrod. You think I would seriously be bringing up Fitzpatrick if I were looking to set myself up for a pat on the back? Wow. Thanks for the Conklin story but it was unnecessary, as I am sure everyone around here knows just how amazing you are.

I'm just a guy with an opinion. I just care about my opinion more than that of anyone else. I gave you my opinion and you didn't like it. I'm sorry you're so insecure that you feel the need to show your teeth when someone challenges your takes.

As for being amazing, maybe start a thread about it :)

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

With this running game, the Bills can win with an "adequate" QB. But said QB must be ACCURATE and not TURN THE BALL OVER. Derek Carr is those things with the Raiders. When he was pressured and didn't have anywhere to go with the football he threw it at the feet of WRs or out of bounds. When WRs got open, he hit them. This is what make the great ones great, accuracy!! Brady, Brees, Montana, Kelly, all were/are accurate as hell.

Bloke, you know your college football. Who is the most accurate passer coming out of college that has an NFL caliber arm?

I never said anything about knowing my college football. I assumed the guy probably knew more than I did because I don't watch a ton of college football. What I would say is I am a Notre Dame fan and I would be very weary of Kizer. He has all the tools no doubt, but I have seen him play a lot of games and he regressed this year. I think he might be a bust in the NFL.

I'm just a guy with an opinion. I just care about my opinion more than that of anyone else. I gave you my opinion and you didn't like it. I'm sorry you're so insecure that you feel the need to show your teeth when someone challenges your takes.

As for being amazing, maybe start a thread about it

You are a legend in your own mind. If your opinion is going to be no, they are bad at football, then why bother to get involved in the thread?

EJ is better than Ryan Fitzpatrick?

You mean the Ryan Fitzpatrick who has thrown the Jets out of playoff contention?

The same QB who has led the Jets to a 3 win season?

The same QB who they tried to replace with 2 other scrub QB's but got his job back after they got hurt?

The same QB who threw 9 interceptions in 2 games this year?

The same QB who has good, big WR's and Forte but still stinks with?

The same QB who single handedly threw the Jets out of the playoffs last year against a sub .500 team in the 4th quarter of the last game of the season?

The same QB who was given up on by teams desperate for a QB every place he has ever played...Cincy (needed him after Palmer), Buffalo (No QB since Kelly), Houston (No QB ever), Tenn (No QB since McNair and didn't have Mariota yet), and Jets (No QB and had scrubs behind him).

That Ryan FitzCrapTrick? Yeah, EJ is better than that scrub.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The same QB who went 10-6 last year and threw 30 TD's. Listen Fitz isn't a great QB but he is definitely an option if we let Tyrod walk. He is better than EJ Manuel.

We could try to pry Janeane off the Cheats, but the Hoodie will stick that up our a$$.

Not. He just doesn't look that good to me. He's an average passer and if you put heat on him, he folds up. On another note, Matt Cassell looked really good in NE when he he got fill in duty in 2008.

All of these names are not what we need. We don't need "adequate," we need real QB play.

Where do we get that?

I have a few names on my list. I don't think they are FAs but maybe we could trade.

1. AJ McCarron - the essence of accuracy at Alabama. Also throws a nice long football. He played pretty well in relief last year. Next year will be his third year in NFL. Should put him ahead of rookies.

2. Nick Foles - Nick had a really good year with a good running team and not asking him to do too much. Sort of like why we have. I know he didn't do as well the next year, but maybe they were asking him to do too much?

3. Someone mentioned that Alex Smith might be available. I don't see that happening, but if it does, back up the Brinks Truck and Whaley, get er done.

Edited by reddogblitz

Not. He just doesn't look that good to me. He's an average passer and if you put heat on him, he folds up. On another note, Matt Cassell looked really good in NE when he he got fill in duty in 2008.

Where do we get that?

I have a few names on my list. I don't think they are FAs but maybe we could trade.

1. AJ McCarron - the essence of accuracy at Alabama. Also throws a nice long football. He played pretty well in relief last year. Next year will be his third year in NFL. Should put him ahead of rookies.

2. Nick Foles - Nick had a really good year with a good running team and not asking him to do too much. Sort of like why we have. I know he didn't do as well the next year, but maybe they were asking him to do too much?

3. Someone mentioned that Alex Smith might be available. I don't see that happening, but if it does, back up the Brinks Truck and Whaley, get er done.

Mebbe on 1 and 2, definitely on 3, if it's doable.

Time to see what we have with EJ for the rest of the season. Tyrod is not what we need. If we didn't get screwed in London by a bad call, he would have been a hero. He was just getting warmed up.

ButButBut, EJ sucks. It said so here.

The same QB who went 10-6 last year and threw 30 TD's. Listen Fitz isn't a great QB but he is definitely an option if we let Tyrod walk. He is better than EJ Manuel.

Again, last year he also was the reason they missed the playoffs. And who cares about last year, that was not his normal performance of his career. And that same Jets team did not even want him back or pay him what a QB would normally make if he was a perennial 30TD and 10 win guy. And that same QB came back down to earth where he has more INTs than TD's this year and a 3-8 record.

Again, he stinks...EJ at least has some youth and upside that Fitz doesnt have. EJ I would take over Fitz...and again, I don't like the idea of us having to depend on any of them, I am only addressing your list you suggested. Fitz will NOT be a starting QB in the NFL next year for anyone...his career as a low end starter who can never get you over a hump is done.

How about Cutler or Bradford? On another note didn't Gillislee look great yesterday? That kid always gets positive yards and he is very fast?

I'd take a Cutler or Bradford. Really, at this point, we need to try any option. Of course draft them, and let the training camp battles happen. This is how Seattle ended up with Wilson; and Raiders with Carr.

Where do we get that?

McCarron could be a good vet pickup.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I actually like the McCarron idea a bit. I Chiefs would be insane to move on from Alex Smith unless they draft somebody to develop.

I like AJ McCarron from Cincinnati! I forgot about him and no one is talking him up. Some thought he would have gone higher in the 2014 draft. It was reported that teams felt during pre-draft interviews that he came across cocky and over-confident. When asked what his best attribute was during an interview at the combine, McCarron responded, "Winning!" I like what i saw in his limited action. Worth a try for a team in "QB PURGATORY".