Current NFL QB's the Bills Should take a Look At

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The list isn't long and they are guys that are probably long shots, but if we are going to let Tyrod walk I would like to get a veteran and draft at least 1 QB on day one or two this season. These are the guys I would take a look at:

1. Brett Hundley

I always like guys that started 3 or more years in college and at one point were projected to go in the first 3 rounds but may have dropped for some reason. Dak Prescott and Krik Cousins would fall into this category and Brett Hundley would as well. Hundley has some tools and was absolutely fabulous during the pre-season last year. I know pre-season means nothing about the overall team, but you can identify players to be better than expected during training camp and pre-season. Russell Wilson and Prescott showed the signs of being great in pre-season. I think we should definitely kick the tires on Hundley and he might be a guy to give a shot.

2. Chase Daniel

I don't think Daniel is going to light it up, but do sort of think we can somewhat of an Alex Smith. I don't need my QB to throw bombs and lead the league in rushing for a QB if he can't do a 3 step drop and hit a slant. Daniel can at least do that. I wouldn't expect Daniel to be great but I think he could be adequate to fill in for 2-3 years while we search for a QB in the draft.

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Did you just throw up? No, good! I know this seems unrealistic but if we let Tyrod walk, this would not be a bad option. We have a much better roster than we had with Fitz when he was here before. I think with the running game we have, Fitz can manage the game well enough to have a more balanced team. This would prevent the 3 straight 3 and out situations followed up by a turnover on the 1st down of the next drive. Taylor and make some beautiful plays and beautiful drives, but to win consistently you need to have a consistent offense throughout the game that doesn't frequently gone on stretches where they can't get a first down. Also he should be a total bargain. I could see him signing here for $8-9 million per over two seasons. Then we can try to identify 2 or 3 QB's to draft during that time frame while stacking the rest of the roster with the money you are saving. I think Fitz would give us a better chance than Tyrod would to end the streak.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, no, but here's my revision.

Hundley may be worth a look, but the price has to be right. I liked him at UCLA and he may have the tools. I like Chase Daniel as a backup but he is not going to cut it as a starter.

Somehow the Bills just don't seem to be able to identify and develop a QB. Who would have thunk Prescott would be lights out as a rookie. I wish the Bills had that luck. Yesterdays game was so frustrating, it actually ruined my mood all night.

I honestly don't feel Tyrod is the answer. He just doesn't see the field and misses receivers all the time. He's a bad version of Vick without all the drama. EJ is a nice kid, but not a pro QB. I had high hopes for him after that ESPN sports science segment but he **** the bed when on the field.

I'd like to see what Cardale can do and see what comes up in the draft. It's been a busy fall so I haven't had the time to scout the college QB's coming out. Even if there was a gem, the Bills would not find him. I trust no one in the front office.

If we were close, I'd say hand Romo the reins for a year and try to break the drought, but with our luck he'd get hurt the first game and we'd go 1-15 and no blue chip QB's would be available.

The Bills do make me want to shout! Scream! Kick! and cry.

Also I do like the idea of McCarron from Cinci. He looked pretty solid when Dalton was hurt.

Edited by BillsRdue

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Uh, no.

Let's hear your reasoning. Do you want to stick with Tyrod? Are there any other QB's that you would like to bring in that you think the Bills could get? Do you want to let Tyrod walk and go with Cardale and draft picks? If you have anything to add I am glad to hear it, but if you want to just say uh, no like these suggestions are completely ridiculous than I am afraid you are going to need to elaborate.

This reminds of a thread a couple of years ago where I said the Bills should look at Prescott and I can't remember who, but someone on this board railed on how Prescott was terrible and would never be an NFL QB.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Please come up with more choices

Worth a discussion....but these are not it

I am looking for guys around the league that I think can start for a couple years and possibly lead a great team around them to the playoffs while a competent front office finds someone in the draft. There are not many more I can think of. Romo obviously, but not much else besides that. I really think there is a chance Hundley could be a good QB if he got a shot.

I don't know much about #1 and #2, but have seen enough of Fitzpatrick to say NO WAY.

Tyrod is a much better passer than Fitz, but needs to learn how to throw over the middle & hit some slants.

Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough thru the draft (like Prescott), but something tells me the Bills scouting & evaluation staff don't have a clue (see Russell Wilson, Carr, Prescott, et al).

Chase Daniel isn't even a free agent; he's making $7/year with Philly for 3 years to be their backup, and would cost him all of that $7 mil next year in dead cap if they cut him. He'll be an Eagle. Hundley is also not a FA, and would require us to make a trade to get him.

The issue is the entire FA pool is a **** show:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

Cousins is not going to be a FA, might as well scratch him off the list. The Cowboys might not give Romo up either given it would cause some ridiculously huge dead cap figure.

We're basically locked into a high QB pick no matter what at this point.

Edited by Chilly

I don't know much about #1 and #2, but have seen enough of Fitzpatrick to say NO WAY.

Tyrod is a much better passer than Fitz, but needs to learn how to throw over the middle & hit some slants.

Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough thru the draft (like Prescott), but something tells me the Bills scouting & evaluation staff don't have a clue (see Russell Wilson, Carr, Prescott, et al).

What? Did you see yesterday's game? The only way Tyrod is better than Fitz is the INT count, but that comes from Tyrod being a kitty and never throwing seam routes.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

No, no and no.

My reasoning - they're all bad at football.

They are all bad at football? Hundley is a very similar prospect to Dak Prescott. He has only played in the NFL in the pre-season and was flat out great. He is in his second year and has never been given a chance to play in a regular season game, yet he is bad at football? If ony Romo was not injured in the pre-season and played this year, would Dak be "bad at football" because you have never seen him play a regular season game? Because that is the reasoning you are using right now.

I swear I remember this dude from a couple years ago, a regular on this board who basically laughed at the suggestion of looking at Dak Prescott in the draft. I figured he probably watched a lot more college football than I did and he was probably right. Now I realize, like a lot of people on this board, he has no !@#$ing clue what he is talking about. People just go with the herd and make determinations on subject that they really have no clue about.

They are all bad at football? Hundley is a very similar prospect to Dak Prescott. He has only played in the NFL in the pre-season and was flat out great. He is in his second year and has never been given a chance to play in a regular season game, yet he is bad at football? If ony Romo was not injured in the pre-season and played this year, would Dak be "bad at football" because you have never seen him play a regular season game? Because that is the reasoning you are using right now.

I swear I remember this dude from a couple years ago, a regular on this board who basically laughed at the suggestion of look at Dak Prescott in the draft. I figured he probably watched a lot more college football than I did and he was probably right. Now I realize, like a lot of people on this board, he has no !@#$ing clue what he is talking about. People just go with the herd and make determinations on subject that they really have no clue about.

The reasoning I'm using is that Brett Hundley wouldn't be any kind of upgrade. He's always been afflicted with vision issues and pocket presence issues. He's essentially little more than Tyrod's weak spots in a more sustainable frame. That won't translate to being a long term answer. Chase Daniel has done nothing to warrant the type of hype that surrounds him, solid backup type but I'd never throw him in as a starter with any confidence. Not to mention, he turns 31 next season, I'd really struggle to image there's much scope for growth. As for Fitz, we've been down that road before and it's not pretty.

And if you're talking about Dak's junior year in college (a couple of years ago), I would've laughed at you too. Hell, I called him a H-Back convert and borderline UDFA material. Luckily for me, I'm open minded enough to recognise growth in a prospect and was very pro-Prescott during the draft process.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The reasoning I'm using is that Brett Hundley wouldn't be any kind of upgrade. He's always been afflicted with vision issues and pocket presence issues. He's essentially little more than Tyrod's weak spots in a more sustainable frame. That won't translate to being a long term answer. Chase Daniel has done nothing to warrant the type of hype that surrounds him, solid backup type but I'd never throw him in as a starter with any confidence. Not to mention, he turns 31 next season, I'd really struggle to image there's much scope for growth. As for Fitz, we've been down that road before and it's not pretty.

And if you're talking about Dak's junior year in college (a couple of years ago), I would've laughed at you too. Hell, I called him a H-Back convert and borderline UDFA material. Luckily for me, I'm open minded enough to recognise growth in a prospect and was very pro-Prescott during the draft process.

Yea, you are a genius. Please stop trying to act like you have some superior football knowledge. You really have no idea how good Hundley would be if he got a shot to be a starter. But you know that it is more likely that he will not be good based off the odds and you are just going with the consensus.

Yea, you are a genius. Please stop trying to act like you have some superior football knowledge. You really have no idea how good Hundley would be if he got a shot to be a starter. But you know that it is more likely that he will not be good based off the odds and you are just going with the consensus.

Every time i watched him play he didn't look very good.

And you're likely doing the exact opposite. Back an unlikely horse so, if by some miracle it comes off, you can dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. See how that logic works?

I don't do anything by consensus. I was so much lower on Jack Conklin last year than most that I got threats from members of his family. :D

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

And you're likely doing the exact opposite. Back an unlikely horse so, if by some miracle it comes off, you can dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. See how that logic works?

I don't do anything by consensus. I was so much lower on Jack Conklin last year than most that I got threats from members of his family. :D

Just making suggestions on guys I think could be players to look at if we move on from Tyrod. You think I would seriously be bringing up Fitzpatrick if I were looking to set myself up for a pat on the back? Wow. Thanks for the Conklin story but it was unnecessary, as I am sure everyone around here knows just how amazing you are.