Saints may have stolen a page from Bills' playbook

bobobonators

Jury is still out on Lynn. I like what he has done with the run game to give our offense a chance. Mccoy looks 5 years younger. WE are still last in passing offense. Lynn is still working off Roman's playbook. After getting the job he flat out said he would have a difference offense in place but couldn't due to lack of offseason when he got the job.

I think it's only fair to judge after having a real offseason where he could put in his offense.

Tyrod is still terrible and is mostly to blame for our last place passing offense.

agree. my understanding is that in season you cannot do much changing around with schemes and approach. the routine is merciless game to game. no time to install new concepts. the approach is the approach. so cannot really judge Lynn this year. his hands are largely tied to Roman's playbook. can't judge TT for same reason -- my guess is Roman the control freak built an offense to severely limit TT's passing attempts... we are, by far and away last in the league in pass attempts. that is scheme, not TT. That is ghost of Roman, plus AL likes to run it as well. Throw it 30 times a game and TT's numbers will rise. Fan base wants big stud pocket passer and we have small ball Navy offense. Let's see how the last 5 games go before we judge anyone. Fans who want big splash plays won't like it, but this turnover-free, run it and play defense approach may just work. We'll know soon enough.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Eh.

#1 in rushing last season. #1 this season.

Couldn't throw the ball last season. Can't throw the ball this season.

#13 in ypg last season. #18 this season.

#12 in ppg last season. #8 in this season.

Seems like the same offense as Roman's to me. What has really improved?

Think of TT as a point guard, not a shooting guard.

I have been worrying since Lynn got the job that the D coordinators would figure him out, and he wouldn't have the experience or innovation to come up with new ways to attack. I am not sure whether that's happening, since there are some games when the O works and some when they don't.

agree. my understanding is that in season you cannot do much changing around with schemes and approach. the routine is merciless game to game. no time to install new concepts. the approach is the approach. so cannot really judge Lynn this year. his hands are largely tied to Roman's playbook. can't judge TT for same reason -- my guess is Roman the control freak built an offense to severely limit TT's passing attempts... we are, by far and away last in the league in pass attempts. that is scheme, not TT. That is ghost of Roman, plus AL likes to run it as well. Fan base wants big stud pocket passer and we have small ball Navy offense. Let's see how the last 5 games go before we judge anyone.

I disagree. TT is missing wide open receivers in the middle of the field. Go back to the first game and the very first play of the game on offense. Robert woods was streaking down the middle of the field wide opening waiting for his endzone dance.

recurring theme all year.

Eh.

It is the same offense as Roman's

Eh.

PPG is better and they have one more win than last year at this time. But other than scoring more and winning more nothing is better.

Eh.

Seems like the same offense as Roman's to me. What has really improved

Looks like points per game. :nana:

agree. my understanding is that in season you cannot do much changing around with schemes and approach. the routine is merciless game to game. no time to install new concepts. the approach is the approach. so cannot really judge Lynn this year. his hands are largely tied to Roman's playbook. can't judge TT for same reason -- my guess is Roman the control freak built an offense to severely limit TT's passing attempts... we are, by far and away last in the league in pass attempts. that is scheme, not TT. That is ghost of Roman, plus AL likes to run it as well. Throw it 30 times a game and TT's numbers will rise. Fan base wants big stud pocket passer and we have small ball Navy offense. Let's see how the last 5 games go before we judge anyone. Fans who want big splash plays won't like it, but this turnover-free, run it and play defense approach may just work. We'll know soon enough.

I feel like players get their playbooks months before training camp even. How could you install something new in a week? People won't even know where to line up, let alone route depth and timing.

Staying away from the TT convo. I feel that Lynn was put in a position to fail and the offense has succeeded as a WHOLE. One must also look at all of the injuries that have decimated the offense and how they could have potentially crippled its effectiveness yet Lynn has been creative enough to keep the ship afloat.

I was worried about the gameday playcalling initially bc Lynn had never done that before and how he would respond to in-game adjustments. Again overall I feel hes done a really solid job.

I have read posts for years, 1st time commenting. Bills fans have known what and who this team is since training camp. We all know TT's capabilities, and limitations. We all knew that our offense relies on Watson, Taylor and McCoy. We have seen Ryan's defense for years and know what it is. We all hoped for better and got what we already knew we had, a .500 team that would need a lot of outside help to reach the playoffs. I don't understand why people are complaining, ragging on each other, and talking about the same stuff over and over. Enjoy the victories and hope management fixes the problems next year. There is too much negativity on this forum, talk about the positives and leave the horse alone, its dead.

I have read posts for years, 1st time commenting. Bills fans have known what and who this team is since training camp. We all know TT's capabilities, and limitations. We all knew that our offense relies on Watson, Taylor and McCoy. We have seen Ryan's defense for years and know what it is. We all hoped for better and got what we already knew we had, a .500 team that would need a lot of outside help to reach the playoffs. I don't understand why people are complaining, ragging on each other, and talking about the same stuff over and over. Enjoy the victories and hope management fixes the problems next year. There is too much negativity on this forum, talk about the positives and leave the horse alone, its dead.

Welcome to two bills drive sir!

If that Watson comes through down the stretch run we may have something.

Its gonna be interesting to see what OBD does in the off-season at OC. If Lynn stays on, gonna be interesting to see the difference between his and Romans playbook and which works better for this team.

I bet he figures it out next year and keeps the run O intact as it works. He may get some new pass plays going at least I hope he does and I hope he ties TT to a chair and makes him write I shall not miss open receivers a 100,000 times for maximum retention.

Welcome to the board MB! 1st post and you hit the nail right on the head. :thumbsup:

Lynn will not be here next year so a lot of this is moot. He is gonna be a Head Coach somewhere. He is the top minority candidate this offseason and will get interviews everywhere there are vacancies.

lol. Sure why not. From RB coach to head coach in one season. I'm sure that never having been a head coach or coordinator at any level until he took over as OC this season will not affect his chances. This isn't even his offense that he's calling plays for.