Saints may have stolen a page from Bills' playbook

bobobonators

I tell you Lynn will be a Head Coach next year. He is getting major buzz round the league. Had an interview last year and will get interviews everywhere there is a vacancy because he is the top minority candidate.

Only way he isn't is if very few jobs open up. But if the usual 5-7 jobs are out there he will get one.

Edited by GunnerBill

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_3654b8b4-b5ec-11e6-923a-676a7996fb0e.html

Nice read.

Overall what are everyone's thoughts on Lynn going forward. I feel that Lynn has done a pretty kickass job so far.

I like our offensive strategy we just need a better QB. The saints should trade us Brees and rebuild and then we can finally get to the playoffs :thumbsup:

I tell you Lynn will be a Head Coach next year. He is getting major buzz round the league. Had an interview last year and will get interviews everywhere there is a vacancy because he is the top minority candidate.

Only way he isn't is if very few jobs open up. But if the usual 5-7 jobs are out there he will get one.

Would replace him from within? What do you think of Jim Bob Cooter as a HC?

Jury is still out on Lynn. I like what he has done with the run game to give our offense a chance. Mccoy looks 5 years younger. WE are still last in passing offense. Lynn is still working off Roman's playbook. After getting the job he flat out said he would have a difference offense in place but couldn't due to lack of offseason when he got the job.

I think it's only fair to judge after having a real offseason where he could put in his offense.

Tyrod is still terrible and is mostly to blame for our last place passing offense.

He can be judged on how well he has taken Roman's concepts and gotten supreme production out of the running game in particular. To me, it's ludicrous to judge him on the passing game because (a) it's not his, and (b) he's had to deal with a mish-mosh of receivers all season.

And by the way, reason (b) is also justification for why Tyrod's passing stats aren't a true indicator of whether he's a legitimate franchise guy.

He wasn't even mentioned in a lengthy ESPN Insider article yesterday naming the hottest HC candidates. The list was like 15 names long and included a number of minorities. That doesn't mean you're wrong about him getting looks, but I wouldn't call him the "top minority candidate."

He wasn't even mentioned in a lengthy ESPN Insider article yesterday naming the hottest HC candidates. The list was like 15 names long and included a number of minorities. That doesn't mean you're wrong about him getting looks, but I wouldn't call him the "top minority candidate."

I'm only telling you what RapSheet said on GameDay Morning this past Sunday.

He said speaking to teams Josh McDaniels is considered the top candidate, followed by the Schwartz and Anthony Lynn is getting a ton of attention, likely to be the top minority candidate.

Would replace him from within? What do you think of Jim Bob Cooter as a HC?

We are not going to be looking for a HC. I find it very hard to foresee a situation where Rex is not back. I think Jim Bob Cooter is a very good coordinator. The question would be whether teams are satisfied about his leadership qualities. That held Adam Gase back for at least 1 year..... teams liked his coaching but weren't convinced about him as a leader.

If that Watson comes through down the stretch run we may have something.

I bet he figures it out next year and keeps the run O intact as it works. He may get some new pass plays going at least I hope he does and I hope he ties TT to a chair and makes him write I shall not miss open receivers a 100,000 times for maximum retention.

:lol::lol: thats funny. I agree his vision needs to get better but its only his 2nd year starting (YES MAJBRO I KNOW HE WAS ON THE BENCH FOR 5 YEARS THAT DOESNT COUNT!) so I expect him to get better, hes in a sophomore slump rite now but he has improved at parts of his game. We see the all 22 but we dont see what the QB is seeing so even if guys look open, we dont know who is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd read, and that guy thats open might have the throwing lane blocked or a safety creeping in slowely, QBS dont see the field in ALL-22 when they are playing but, he will get better.